NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

I bet Rex was still undecided on Saturday night but once he saw Kim walking around barefoot Sunday morning he said where do I sign?

Joking aside, I love this hire. Rex is the type of coach that Buffalo needs. Players love playing for him and he is very passionate.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still silence from the Bills... Issues with the contract? or is Rex just too busy assembling his staff? I have a creepy feeling about this.... what if it falls apart because within the sections of the contract discussing roster moves and control can not be agreed upon.

Still silence from the Bills... Issues with the contract? or is Rex just too busy assembling his staff? I have a creepy feeling about this.... what if it falls apart because within the sections of the contract discussing roster moves and control can not be agreed upon.

It wont fall apart.

I have a feeling the Bills want to make sure that they dont make the same contract mistake like they did with Marrone.

I would expect to hear word this morning that the contract is signed and would expect a PC either today or Wednesday. (Dont think they would do it tomorrow as its Hasek day in Buffalo)

CBF

Not unusual at all. First -- the NFL frowns upon teams making announcements on days with playoff games (thus nothing yesterday). Second -- I believe the Bills want to be able to introduce Rex once they know for certain who will be joining as OC, and whether Schwartz is staying on as DC. I'm predicting a PC this afternoon or tomorrow.

Finalizing a contract can take time.

this is how pegula works. Dead silence until everything is done then everything comes out at the press conference

Winner of the taking it too far award

stole the pic lol

I'm impressed with the way the FO has handled things the last couple of years. An aggressive HC search that resulted in locking in Marrone, who was a hot commodity at the time (I know!); trading back in Round 1 and still getting their top QB choice; replacing the late-leaving Pettine with Schwartz; making the trade up to get Sammy; reeling in Orton at the last minute (who was probably the best guy on the market, fwiw); and now responding to Marrone's bailing out by hiring Rex after another thorough interview process.

Some of these moves won't work as it's a game of speculation, but I like the conviction.

league frowns on coach signings in middle of playoff weekend. don't want to take away from the games.

expect an official announcement today. it's a done deal.

we're not dooomed.

Bill Callahan drawing interest from Rex, presumably for OL:

@MMehtaNYDN: Rex Ryan is interested in Buffalo RT @RapSheet: Cowboys OC/OL coach Bill Callahans contract is up.

Bringing in Callahan in any role would be a HUGE upgrade to our Offensive staff. If we were able to bring him in at OL, it might be the biggest hire so far.

it's 9:30 AM...... why has there been no official word from OBD or at lease set up a news conference to acknowledge or deny this hiring?

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

Bills brass, along w/new coach Rex Ryan, scheduled to fly back to WNY from their meetings in Florida today. Formal announcement forthcoming

R-E-L-A-X

Ok, so apparently the contract is finalized and an official announcement will be coming shortly, but no PC until Wed. or Thurs. as they don't want this news to interfere with Hasek ceremony on Tuesday.

(according to Vic Carucci)