NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the hire. For the people saying we're going back to the 3-4, don't you realize we already ran Rex's defense 2 years ago with Pettine? We're just getting the master of it now. To top it off, we're getting the offensive mind in Roman to fix the offense.

Edited by Bangarang

Love the hire. For the people saying we're going back to the 3-4, don't you realize we alreadiyf ran Rex's defense 2 years ago with Pettine? We're just getting the master of it now. To top it off, we're getting the offensive mind in Roman to fix the offense.

Yup. But the defense they ran this year, with Schwartz was even better.

After a day of reflection on the hire, it dawned on me that I am old enough to remember when Jerry Sullivan wrote an article screaming how the Pegula's were in over their head and OBD was a three-ring circus.

It seems like only last week, no?

What? Oh.

Nevermind.

Yup. But the defense they ran this year, with Schwartz was even better.

It could also be a matter of our players maturing and getting better. We added Spikes, Preston Brown and guys like Bradham and Searcy seemed to have emerged as solid players.

It could also be a matter of our players maturing and getting better. We added Spikes, Preston Brown and guys like Bradham and Searcy seemed to have emerged as solid players.

Sure. But Schwartz's style plays out better, down in and down out, than Rex/Pettine's IMO.

This is what the Bills have been missing - a clown act.

Apparently, according to most here.

After a day of reflection on the hire, it dawned on me that I am old enough to remember when Jerry Sullivan wrote an article screaming how the Pegula's were in over their head and OBD was a three-ring circus.

It seems like only last week, no?

What? Oh.

Nevermind.

Well I give Sully credit for mentioning that in his latest column. At least he didn't sweep it under the rug and acted like "who me?" Edited by PromoTheRobot

One thing about Rex, he went to those two Championship games with Mark Sanchez who was TERRIBLE. It wasn't like Sanchez was good and then he regressed a huge amount. He was never really good, he could just throw a really nice ball every few throws so he was a tease, and would have a couple good stat games, the same way he is on Philly. Or Geno is. He was always careless with the ball, and he was never good. But Rex's teams advanced with him.

One thing about Rex, he went to those two Championship games with Mark Sanchez who was TERRIBLE. It wasn't like Sanchez was good and then he regressed a huge amount. He was never really good, he could just throw a really nice ball every few throws so he was a tease, and would have a couple good stat games, the same way he is on Philly. Or Geno is. He was always careless with the ball, and he was never good. But Rex's teams advanced with him.

and no one was available with a track record even close to his when it comes to winning without a QB.

Highest quality coach since Marv Levy. We are getting a guy who knows the AFC East, has competed in it, and perhaps Marrone was the guy who was holding the place for the guy.

I like the choice, I am excited about next fall and cannot wait to see Rex drawing up schemes for the Patriots game with the superior D he inherits.

For all of the naysayers, it seems like bellyaching is part of what it means to be a Bills fan for some of you and it sucks.

Because they had the #1 run game and #1 defense.

Yea. A future where Rex does really good again for two years after inheriting a stacked team (defensively at least), and then finishes out the last three years of his contract with losing records.

Can you tell me who wins the Superbowl this year as I could use the extra cash?

Seriously though, he's our coach now, lets get behind him and give the guy a chance. I'd take 2 AFC Championship years right now, it would make for a nice change. The new ownership is demonstrating one thing, the Bills are finally willing to spend money. If they can go get us a QB and help on the line Rex will have a real opportunity. This group has been together for less than 4 months. Give them a chance, they are making real moves.