NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

At 5:55 of this video, when asked about changing the defense, Rex says and we can quote:

So anyone worried about changing the scheme, can just R-E-L-A-X

R-E-L-A-X

Mike and Mike

Rex Ryan all or nothing he'll not coach again after his stint with the Buffalo Bills

Non committal wrt QB's.

EJ will get his chances to prove himself and no imminent plan on contacting Sanchez

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thought struck me yesterday about Rex and why he might have decided to jump at Buffalo rather than wait for Atlanta. On the face of it the Atlanta job was perfect.... they had an offense he could have let get on with it and he could do what he does - turn around the defense. Only what if he didn't? What if the Atlanta defense which is awfully talent deficient continued to be bad? What is worse for Rex Ryan failing 2nd time because he still hasn't been able to fix an offense or failing 2nd time because he failed at his specialty? I just wonder if he in a dark moment of self doubt thought "I know I can win with that defense in Buffalo and I don't know if I can make that Falcons defense great. Maybe that is why he ended up here?

A thought struck me yesterday about Rex and why he might have decided to jump at Buffalo rather than wait for Atlanta. On the face of it the Atlanta job was perfect.... they had an offense he could have let get on with it and he could do what he does - turn around the defense. Only what if he didn't? What if the Atlanta defense which is awfully talent deficient continued to be bad? What is worse for Rex Ryan failing 2nd time because he still hasn't been able to fix an offense or failing 2nd time because he failed at his specialty? I just wonder if he in a dark moment of self doubt thought "I know I can win with that defense in Buffalo and I don't know if I can make that Falcons defense great. Maybe that is why he ended up here?

That could be part of it or maybe he wasn't sure the front office could succeed in aquiring new defensive talent. Mike Smith was from the same Ravens organization as Rex, Del Rio brought him with him to Jacksonville. So maybe he just didn't like the front office and didn't think he could acquire enough talent. I mean the Falcons defensive drafting has bet pretty bad. Actually it's been horrible and there was very little change to the FO in the off season.

That could be part of it or maybe he wasn't sure the front office could succeed in aquiring new defensive talent. Mike Smith was from the same Ravens organization as Rex, Del Rio brought him with him to Jacksonville. So maybe he just didn't like the front office and didn't think he could acquire enough talent. I mean the Falcons defensive drafting has bet pretty bad. Actually it's been horrible and there was very little change to the FO in the off season.

Here Rex gets a monster defense supported by a GM with a Pittsburg background. That's a pretty good match for Rex.