NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in one of the other threads, but it's warranted here as well.

Who would you prefer: Ryan/Roman or Marrone/Schwartz?

No-brainer in my book.

Isn't the choice Ryan/Roman vs Marrrone/Hackett? I agree, though, no-brainer.

Primetime games are only good if the team deserves them--not just because they have a celebrity coach. Primetime games mean noting in the Win column.

Teams don't show up on Primetime just cos they are good. It is also about the markets they are in and the extent of the fan base. Else teams like the Cowboys wouldn't have been on Primetime through their down years. But I do agree that they mean nothing in the W-L record. Just makes us fans feel important cos our team was selected to be one of the few. Inferiority complex I suppose.

There was a tweet yesterday saying that the Pegulas made the press conference on Wednesday so the Dominator could have his day in Buffalo when he is getting his jersey retired. With Rex being such a big hockey fan, and his first night in town, I wonder if he will be the Pegulas guest at the game and get introduced. It would take a little away from Hasek's night but probably be pretty cool.

There was a tweet yesterday saying that the Pegulas made the press conference on Wednesday so the Dominator could have his day in Buffalo when he is getting his jersey retired. With Rex being such a big hockey fan, and his first night in town, I wonder if he will be the Pegulas guest at the game and get introduced. It would take a little away from Hasek's night but probably be pretty cool.

That seems to happen a fair amount (unless my brain misleads me here). I think it'd be great and I'd view it as a sign of respect towards the Sabres/Hasek rather than a 'look at me' moment for Rex. I'd probably pass on a formal introduction but I'd 'make sure' the jumbo screen 'caught' him at least once.

That seems to happen a fair amount (unless my brain misleads me here). I think it'd be great and I'd view it as a sign of respect towards the Sabres/Hasek rather than a 'look at me' moment for Rex. I'd probably pass on a formal introduction but I'd 'make sure' the jumbo screen 'caught' him at least once.

I agree. no need to introduce the new football coach but having the in house cameras panning the suite at some point during the game would be a no-brainer. I'm sure they are giving the man and his wife a first class Pegula experience today. Nice dinner out and then a festive Sabres game.