NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand all of the people being negative. This is not Mike Malurkey, or Dick Jouron... Chan Gailey was a hire that was on no one's radar.

For once we went big. I don't know if this will work but this year will be fun as HELL.

Mr Dean

I'm not bright enough to add a quote but I have a question for anyone who uses "hold my nose" as an expression . I actually agree with your points and I have no right to call you out on the board since I only look and rarely ever post .

The expression implies to me that you tolerate those underneath you and as I have I asked myself, if I were pegula would there be any better choice .. I came around to pegs thinking that only ryan or shabby would get to keep some good minds in house while luring and controlling and big name qb or oline to sign here .. I couldn't think of any . I am only a bettor and have no inside knowledge of who the hot new coach is that pegs could have paid

By your response I am curious who you would've chosen . Again I agree with Rex originally wasn't my favorite choice and I have issues with that expression .. My apologies but I still am infinitely curious as to who they should have hired.

First of all, you have as much of a right to call me out at anyone. Number of posts don't matter. And you ask a good question (I HATE that!).

The fact is, there is no one HC candidate I was in love with, other than Cowher--and he isn't coming. I had mixed feeling about Shanny after his Washington debacle, but I would have accepted him willingly. A top OC (as it is really the offense that needs to be addressed at this time) would have satisfied me to some extent. A guy like Kubiak, an offensive coach who has had both success and failure, as a HC intrigued me.

Let's face it. Other than Cowher, no available person has #1 NFL HC experience and #2 Been successful at every stop (and most every year) under various conditions. Either you are gambling on a college HC, a NFL coordinator or a HC that failed somewhere at some time.

The reason I say "hold my nose" for Rex is he is a meathead, a mook, a blowhard---and I don't like those things in a person, let alone a HC. He craves the spotlight and competes with his players for praise and publicity. He makes everything about HIM. He's a braggart, even when he is getting his ass kicked. I hate guys like that. And I hate that the Bills head coach is now a guy like that. Add to that, I have the idea Rex thinks he is doing Buffalo and the Bills a favor by being their head coach. He got a five year deal, I assume at very big money, when he has yet to really prove he is HC material. Finally, and this is really petty of me, he comes from a family of overrated meatheads. His father, a great DC, was a crappy HC who thought he was the second coming. And his brother publicly back-stabbed his boss in Oakland. I hold my nose because I can't sand the Ryan stench.

Does that answer the question?

For the 1st time in Bills history we hired a big gun. Even the great Marv Levy was a cheap hire that worked out.

Saban, the second time around and Knox were both pretty big guns. Rex is a big name. But he has yet to prove he is a big gun as a HC.

What about Chuck Knox?

This

I don't understand all of the people being negative. This is not Mike Malurkey, or Dick Jouron... Chan Gailey was a hire that was on no one's radar.

For once we went big. I don't know if this will work but this year will be fun as HELL.

But, other than his personality, it IS Dick Jauron.

Edited by The Dean

Knox was at the end of his career.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Your sentiment is on target though...Ralph was notorious for hiring his coaches on the cheap. I just think that it wasn't fair to leave out Knox. He was a "big name" hire and a good one at that.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Your sentiment is on target though...Ralph was notorious for hiring his coaches on the cheap. I just think that it wasn't fair to leave out Knox. He was a "big name" hire and a good one at that.

Chuck did what he did. Rebuilt a terrible team into a good respectable team. But he wasn't the guy to get you to the next level, unfortunately. Like Marty Schottenheimer, his sphincter tightened up during the playoffs and he was WAY too conservative.

Ground Chuck still was one of the Bills better coaches.