NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that have been worried all day, this came from Rex's son this morning.

@SethRyan20: #BillsMafia

Just shows that sometimes, we need to not be so sensitive and try to read into everything. I know in Buffalo we have an inferiority complex (and rightfully so after the past 15 years), but things are changing. Enjoy the ride and stop worrying. The future is bright.

I really think the Pegulas schmoozed him and won him over while spending the whole day with him. It's an incredible drawing card to be a down to earth couple, and then also have 4billion and say we will get you whatever you want. Wives also love Kim, and Terry and Kim as a couple.

Kim wore sandals.

Why is he a "top name" coach? Because he coached the Jets (in the big New York City)? Are you a top name coach just because you actually were an NFL coach, because that's the only credentials I see. He had two good years and the other four his team sucked. Plus he came off with stupid outrageous comments for the press (before he had to shut up due to his teams sucktitude). This feels like a too hasty decision to me. Kubiak doesn't even get an interview? And before you blast me, I did not "want" Kubiak, I wanted a well deliberated thoughtful decision with all candidates being considered. This does not feel like that. Getting national "attention" from the media - yes we will get that. That does NOT make the team better.

are you seriously arguing that the Bills didn't do a thorough enough search?

There we go. Thanks. We are officially off on the right foot.

I see what you just did there!

Why is he a "top name" coach? Because he coached the Jets (in the big New York City)? Are you a top name coach just because you actually were an NFL coach, because that's the only credentials I see. He had two good years and the other four his team sucked. Plus he came off with stupid outrageous comments for the press (before he had to shut up due to his teams sucktitude). This feels like a too hasty decision to me. Kubiak doesn't even get an interview? And before you blast me, I did not "want" Kubiak, I wanted a well deliberated thoughtful decision with all candidates being considered. This does not feel like that. Getting national "attention" from the media - yes we will get that. That does NOT make the team better.

Well, I'm no Rex fan but it is hard to argue he wasn't the top "name" coach available. Dad was a HC, he and Rob top DC and Rex, as you say, was a HC in NYC. So yes, he is a top name. But that's just saying he is the biggest celebrity, not the best coach.

I see this as Pegula trying to make a big, un-Bills like, move. The only thing is, it is a very Bills-like move in that they once-again hired a failed HC. This time they just paid a lot of money for one with a "big name". Hopefully this isn't a mistake. If it is, hopefully Pegula learns from it.

Kim wore sandals.

:lol:

No doubt.

Well, I'm no Rex fan but it is hard to argue he wasn't the top "name" coach available. Dad was a HC, he and Rob top DC and Rex, as you say, was a HC in NYC. So yes, he is a top name. But that's just saying he is the biggest celebrity, not the best coach.

I see this as Pegula trying to make a big, un-Bills like, move. The only thing is, it is a very Bills-like move in that they once-again hired a failed HC. This time they just paid a lot of money for one with a "big name". Hopefully this isn't a mistake. If it is, hopefully Pegula learns from it.

:lol:

No doubt.

if two AFC championship games in a row with the first two seasons of the Butt-Fumble Maestro is "failure," sign me up. He was a winning coach until John Idzik handed him a flaming bag of poo this season.

:lol: You know they got the lowdown from the Pegulas on the Boca Raton Swinger Scene. Could have sealed the deal.

IIRC Russ and his wife were involved in the scene too...

The #Bills and Rex Ryan have "agreed in principle" on a contract for him to become the next head coach of the team. Nothing signed yet.