NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A coach with swagger. I like the pick

Swagger, on the way to a four win season, is a bad look on anyone. Bills fans complain that Marrone had a big ego, but his ego is peanut size compared to Rex's.

Swagger, on the way to a four win season, is a bad look on anyone. Bills fans complain that Marrone had a big ego, but his ego is peanut size compared to Rex's.

Yes, but there is ego that rubs people around you the wrong way (like Marrone) and there is ego where the players love you (like Rex). I'm okay with the latter.

Well, I'm no Rex fan but it is hard to argue he wasn't the top "name" coach available. Dad was a HC, he and Rob top DC and Rex, as you say, was a HC in NYC. So yes, he is a top name. But that's just saying he is the biggest celebrity, not the best coach.

I see this as Pegula trying to make a big, un-Bills like, move. The only thing is, it is a very Bills-like move in that they once-again hired a failed HC. This time they just paid a lot of money for one with a "big name". Hopefully this isn't a mistake. If it is, hopefully Pegula learns from it.

I'm kind of on the same page as you. I've always found him entertaining and loved his defenses, but he never wowed me as a HC. But I also have never really spent much time thinking about him coming here. Now that he's here, I'm warming up to what he brings specifically to this team. The first, and most important might be what it says about the new ownership. They're not going to be afraid to spend. And I think that's going to resonate throughout the league a bit, and players will take note too.

No idea what he's going to be like in Buffalo, I'm still absorbing the news. Still, the more I think about it and the more I look at the roster, I can't help but feel the team is -- at the very least -- better with Rex at the helm than it was just a few weeks ago. So, I'll take it.