NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing is, it is a very Bills-like move in that they once-again hired a failed HC.

I'm having a difficult time preparing myself for a guy I've spend the past few years hating, but what I do know is that, beyond getting the Jets to two AFC Championship games, his teams are not afraid of Bellicheck* and he is now motivated to kick the snotschitt out of the Jets twice a year.

In the end, there's no money in being able to say "I told you so," so I'll cheer for the guy and count on the simple truth that winning is the best deodorant.

Edited by LABillzFan

I'm having a difficult time preparing myself for a guy I've spend the past few years hating, but we look to be hiring a guy what I do know is that, beyond getting the Jets to two AFC Championship games, his teams are not afraid of Bellicheck* and he is now motivated to kick the snotschitt out of the Jets twice a year.

In the end, there's no money in being able to say "I told you so," so I'll cheer for the guy and count on the simple truth that winning is the best deodorant.

I'm with you. :beer:

I'm having a difficult time preparing myself for a guy I've spend the past few years hating, but what I do know is that, beyond getting the Jets to two AFC Championship games, his teams are not afraid of Bellicheck* and he is now motivated to kick the snotschitt out of the Jets twice a year.

This makes the AFC East so much more fun now. I imagine the Bills Dolphins rivalry will rekindle to some degree. Bills Jets will be 10x the size. Bills Pats will be much more interesting and hopefully more enjoyable.

Well, I'm no Rex fan but it is hard to argue he wasn't the top "name" coach available. Dad was a HC, he and Rob top DC and Rex, as you say, was a HC in NYC. So yes, he is a top name. But that's just saying he is the biggest celebrity, not the best coach.

I see this as Pegula trying to make a big, un-Bills like, move. The only thing is, it is a very Bills-like move in that they once-again hired a failed HC. This time they just paid a lot of money for one with a "big name". Hopefully this isn't a mistake. If it is, hopefully Pegula learns from it.

My point wasn't so much is he a "top name coach" (i.e. well known in the media) but rather a critique of those that keep saying how great it is that we finally hired a top name coach. I agree with you that just because he was well known does not make him a great coach, nor the best choice for the Bills. I think he got more than his fair share of attention due to being in the giant New York city market, and his loud mouth in his first couple years there - not because of what a wonderful job he did. At any rate, my dislike of the decision does not matter - as a fan of more than 45 years, I have no choice but to hold my nose and hope he works out for us.

Yes, but there is ego that rubs people around you the wrong way (like Marrone) and there is ego where the players love you (like Rex). I'm okay with the latter.

Why were the Bills players upset when announced he was leaving? Why did they play so hard for him. I think the idea the players didn't like Marrone is absurd,.

IMO, Carroll's enthusiastic, not a prick. It's a nuance, to be sure, but I don't get the sense of ego / swing'n dick that sexy Rexy gives off...

Carroll is smug. I'm not a big fan of smug, but it is better than blowhard.

Agree 100% LA. If it's the Bills bus, I'm on it. Even if Rex is driving. And i'm praying (figuratively, of course) we get to our destination unscathed.

Mr Dean

I'm not bright enough to add a quote but I have a question for anyone who uses "hold my nose" as an expression . I actually agree with your points and I have no right to call you out on the board since I only look and rarely ever post .

The expression implies to me that you tolerate those underneath you and as I have I asked myself, if I were pegula would there be any better choice .. I came around to pegs thinking that only ryan or shabby would get to keep some good minds in house while luring and controlling and big name qb or oline to sign here .. I couldn't think of any . I am only a bettor and have no inside knowledge of who the hot new coach is that pegs could have paid

By your response I am curious who you would've chosen . Again I agree with Rex originally wasn't my favorite choice and I have issues with that expression .. My apologies but I still am infinitely curious as to who they should have hired.

Mr Dean

I'm not bright enough to add a quote but I have a question for anyone who uses "hold my nose" as an expression . I actually agree with your points and I have no right to call you out on the board since I only look and rarely ever post .

The expression implies to me that you tolerate those underneath you and as I have I asked myself, if I were pegula would there be any better choice .. I came around to pegs thinking that only ryan or shabby would get to keep some good minds in house while luring and controlling and big name qb or oline to sign here .. I couldn't think of any . I am only a bettor and have no inside knowledge of who the hot new coach is that pegs could have paid

By your respodnse I am curious who you would've chosen . Again I agree with Rex originally wasn't my favorite choice and I have issues with that expression .. My apologies but I still am infinitely curious as to who they should have hired.