NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

Yeah, oh my god. He turned sideways during an interview. Look out Buffalo... this guy is out of control! Hide your kids!

Wow. Guess you better find a new team. Sounds like your rampant hatred will no longer allow you to be a part of anything this man touches. For the rest of us, Go Bills!

No, I'm a Bills fan first and foremost. And I will root for Rex, no matter how distasteful that is to me. Unlike many here, who root for guys they don't like to fail, I root for anyone associated with the Bills to succeed. And i will give Rex every opportunity to win me over. That hill, however, is a long hard climb.

Honestly, I think this hire is Pegula's way of saying the Bills are not doing business as usual. They are willing to spend the big bucks and go after the big names. And i have to applaud that approach. I just feel they picked the wrong guy (for several reasons) as their first step in that direction. I can have my opinion. But once he is enshrined, I'm on board.

When I worked for a company, I was a team player---but not a group-think guy. If I disagreed with a path I'd voice my discontent until the day the decision was official. Once it was decided, I did everything in my power to make sure that decision was successful (unless I thought it was illegal or unethical). Same thing here.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand this hire. Dominating defense LY with 4-3 personnel. Ryan is a 3-4 guy. Also we need to generate an offense and he has no clue or desire. We needed an Offensive guru IMO.

so... The D dominated the NFC north. The D was very good against some AFC teams with avg offenses like KC, Houston, Miami but not when we needed it the most - SD, NE, Raiders, Denver against the run. I think Schwartz is a great DC. I think he had great personnel as well which helped the scheme. I'm not worried about the D with Rex as HC. It will be very, very good. Edited by YoloinOhio

First of all, you have as much of a right to call me out at anyone. Number of posts don't matter. And you ask a good question (I HATE that!).

The fact is, there is no one HC candidate I was in love with, other than Cowher--and he isn't coming. I had mixed feeling about Shanny after his Washington debacle, but I would have accepted him willingly. A top OC (as it is really the offense that needs to be addressed at this time) would have satisfied me to some extent. A guy like Kubiak, an offensive coach who has had both success and failure, as a HC intrigued me.

Let's face it. Other than Cowher, no available person has #1 NFL HC experience and #2 Been successful at every stop (and most every year) under various conditions. Either you are gambling on a college HC, a NFL coordinator or a HC that failed somewhere at some time.

The reason I say "hold my nose" for Rex is he is a meathead, a mook, a blowhard---and I don't like those things in a person, let alone a HC. He craves the spotlight and competes with his players for praise and publicity. He makes everything about HIM. He's a braggart, even when he is getting his ass kicked. I hate guys like that. And I hate that the Bills head coach is now a guy like that. Add to that, I have the idea Rex thinks he is doing Buffalo and the Bills a favor by being their head coach. He got a five year deal, I assume at very big money, when he has yet to really prove he is HC material. Finally, and this is really petty of me, he comes from a family of overrated meatheads. His father, a great DC, was a crappy HC who thought he was the second coming. And his brother publicly back-stabbed his boss in Oakland. I hold my nose because I can't sand the Ryan stench.

Does that answer the question?

+1

No bueno the englioso .. My hands shake from injected all the dilaudid .. At least you like hunter .. If I was nice I would part with some of the late owsleys' finest gels but all I would send is fungi Since yr impuning my skills w English as a second language ..

When I twit to an authority figure I will edit just for you.

All banter aside, you posed a great question which is the heart of all of this..

Is Rex an honorable man or will he lose the lockeroom over time. My job is to quickly judge character. You are spot on..he is a blow hard. But is he a consistent and honorable blowhard ( ie doesn't talk behind back or speak I'll etc. If he says it he does it etc .. Kinda of the same as backing up his words by fighting if need be . This is all the less educated understand and respect before they experience money and family like the other half of the lineup) My apologies about my grammar. Fwiw I hate text because it's do easily Mia understood , that nuance that establishes some understanding beyond the evil good intent..

So , can you ruin my day by stating he is a punk and dishonorable or is he just our lovable jerk who will protect the team as his role of head clown?

@viccarucci: Although deal between Rex Ryan & #Bills still yet to be signed, I'm told there's no concern it won't happen. Should be done Monday.

Until it's signed, it ain't a done deal.

I'll believe it (and be on board) when Rex is at the podium at OBD with a Bills cap on after being introduced as the new Bills HC.

Until then its all conjecture.

No bueno the englioso .. My hands shake from injected all the dilaudid .. At least you like hunter .. If I was nice I would part with some of the late owsleys' finest gels but all I would send is fungi Since yr impuning my skills w English as a second language ..

When I twit to an authority figure I will edit just for you.

All banter aside, you posed a great question which is the heart of all of this..

Is Rex an honorable man or will he lose the lockeroom over time. My job is to quickly judge character. You are spot on..he is a blow hard. But is he a consistent and honorable blowhard ( ie doesn't talk behind back or speak I'll etc. If he says it he does it etc .. Kinda of the same as backing up his words by fighting if need be . This is all the less educated understand and respect before they experience money and family like the other half of the lineup) My apologies about my grammar. Fwiw I hate text because it's do easily Mia understood , that nuance that establishes some understanding beyond the evil good intent..

So , can you ruin my day by stating he is a punk and dishonorable or is he just our lovable jerk who will protect the team as his role of head clown?

Honestly I have no idea if Rex is an "honorable" blowhard. Judging by his team's performance most of this year, I questioned if he actually had the locker room. But they did play like they were trying to save his job late in the year (too late apparently). But then again, Marrone's players, and Schwartz's. played hard for them, too, and you think both of them dishonorable. There are plenty of mercenary coaches out there, who change teams at the drop of the hat, and some of them seem to be quite successful and are very good with players . So it is hard for me to follow this logic.

And I wasn't trying to insult you, I just have some trouble following your posts. Might be my fault. And yes, please send the fungi as I prefer them to the harder stuff.

Señor dean

Voy a trata de traier a mi diminio limitado del idioma ingles hasta dignos normas..

I am happy to find someone that deserves it .

I tell ya, online translators really are not up to snuff.

The reason I say "hold my nose" for Rex is he is a meathead, a mook, a blowhard---and I don't like those things in a person, let alone a HC. He craves the spotlight and competes with his players for praise and publicity. He makes everything about HIM. He's a braggart, even when he is getting his ass kicked. I hate guys like that. And I hate that the Bills head coach is now a guy like that. Add to that, I have the idea Rex thinks he is doing Buffalo and the Bills a favor by being their head coach. He got a five year deal, I assume at very big money, when he has yet to really prove he is HC material. Finally, and this is really petty of me, he comes from a family of overrated meatheads. His father, a great DC, was a crappy HC who thought he was the second coming. And his brother publicly back-stabbed his boss in Oakland. I hold my nose because I can't sand the Ryan stench.

Does that answer the question?

I find it hard to believe you wrote that. Rex Ryan took the Jets to two back-to-back AFC Championship game with a very young QB. I don't think all the problems in NY falls on Rex's shoulder (He take a good chunk of blame). But he was put in a lousy position to succeed especially the last two years where he was effectively a lame duck coach.

so... The D dominated the NFC north. The D was very good against some AFC teams with avg offenses like KC, Houston, Miami but not when we needed it the most - SD, NE, Raiders, Denver against the run. I think Schwartz is a great DC. I think he had great personnel as well which helped the scheme. I'm not worried about the D with Rex as HC. It will be very, very good.

I agree the D disappeared against SD and NE. Against the Raiders, the D held them pretty good; You can't blame it on the coach when the Secondary allows a 50 yard completion on a 3rd and 22. Against Denver, the offense just stunk. The defense kept Manning TD-less, though they did give up 3 short-yard TDs to Anderson. But that is simply how CJ plays and due to the OL in Denver.

Does Rex hiring mean that the Bills will deny permission to the Giants for interviewing Peppers

I find it hard to believe you wrote that. Rex Ryan took the Jets to two back-to-back AFC Championship game with a very young QB. I don't think all the problems in NY falls on Rex's shoulder (He take a good chunk of blame). But he was put in a lousy position to succeed especially the last two years where he was effectively a lame duck coach.

I agree the D disappeared against SD and NE. Against the Raiders, the D held them pretty good; You can't blame it on the coach when the Secondary allows a 50 yard completion on a 3rd and 22. Against Denver, the offense just stunk. The defense kept Manning TD-less, though they did give up 3 short-yard TDs to Anderson. But that is simply how CJ plays and due to the OL in Denver.

100% correct....Jets got in cap trouble, drafted poorly and simply got old. Ryan did a lot with a little the past few years, or I should say he did little with little, which should have been expected. The Bills are on the rise, they'll have a top D with Ryan, regardless of Schwartz decision. How anyone can complain about the offense, when he is bringing at top notch OC with him in Roman, I do not understand.....Players love him, he is a culture changer and he instantly puts us on the NFL map again. Monday night football, you bet. Sunday night football, see you there.

You mean, he took a team that was 9-7 the year before taking over to another 9-7 season with a high 1st round draft pick QB? And they improved in his next season, though the end result was the same---a loss in the conference championship. Those seasons were won mostly by D and adequate play by Sanchez.

Since then, Rex has been, mostly, a disaster as a HC. This past season he was pitiful. Had a great D--like the Bills. Had poor QB from a young QB and a vet --like the Bills. Had decent OL play--not like the Bills. Had healthy starting RBs nearly all season--not like the Bills. And his team TANKED. It was an embarrassment of a HC job. And please, don't tell me Rex was a lame duck. He lost the job, THIS YEAR---by sucking harder than in the past two. Maybe that was his plan.

But my biggest concern is that Rex brings nothing to the table that the Bills need now. They already have a great D. In that regard, I think Rex can only get in the way. I can't see him improving it at this point. And he is useless as an offensive coach. This was a celebrity hire. Nothing more, IMO.

Yea. A future where Rex does really good again for two years after inheriting a stacked team (defensively at least), and then finishes out the last three years of his contract with losing records.

Yes, things happen in the future with a totally different organization exactly how it occured in the past. Nothing ever changes.

Edited by klos63

You mean, he took a team that was 9-7 the year before taking over to another 9-7 season with a high 1st round draft pick QB? And they improved in his next season, though the end result was the same---a loss in the conference championship. Those seasons were won mostly by D and adequate play by Sanchez.

Since then, Rex has been, mostly, a disaster as a HC. This past season he was pitiful. Had a great D--like the Bills. Had poor QB from a young QB and a vet --like the Bills. Had decent OL play--not like the Bills. Had healthy starting RBs nearly all season--not like the Bills. And his team TANKED. It was an embarrassment of a HC job. And please, don't tell me Rex was a lame duck. He lost the job, THIS YEAR---by sucking harder than in the past two. Maybe that was his plan.

But my biggest concern is that Rex brings nothing to the table that the Bills need now. They already have a great D. In that regard, I think Rex can only get in the way. I can't see him improving it at this point. And he is useless as an offensive coach. This was a celebrity hire. Nothing more, IMO.

He did not have a great D this year. His CBs were the worst in the league and constantly abused.

Yes, things happen in the future with a totally different organization exactly how it occured in the past. Nothing ever changes.

Typically with coaches and players the past is a decent indicator of the future. But there is no guarantee Rex will even give the Bills two good years. Then again, he might be a raging success. I sure hope they hired Rex with better logic than "maybe he won't flop because things could change".