Redskins make potentially brilliant GM hire...

Big Turk

Scott McLoughlin...started as a scout with the Packers, then went to the 49ers and became GM building that team and then went to the Seahawks where he was responsible for a lot of players they drafted recently, including Russell Wilson...

Considered perhaps the best pure talent evaluator in the NFL, he could have the Redskins as one of the NFL's best in short order if Snyder stays out of his own way and he can control his drinking, which led to his demise in San Fran and some say Seattle...however his ability to recognize quality NFL players some have said is a "gift" and that he is a savant as far as how he sees their ability, noticing things nobody else does about them and why that makes them good or not...

Will be interesting to see how he does there over the next few years...

Edited by matter2003

Scott McLoughlin...started as a scout with the Packers, then went to the 49ers and became GM building that team and then went to the Seahawks where he was responsible for a lot of players they drafted recently, including Russell Wilson...

Considered perhaps the best pure talent evaluator in the NFL, he could have the Redskins as one of the NFL's best in short order if Snyder stays out of his own way and he can control his drinking, which led to his demise in San Fran and some say Seattle...however his ability to recognize quality NFL players some have said is a "gift" and that he is a savant as far as how he sees their ability, noticing things nobody else does about them and why that makes them good or not...

Will be interesting to see how he does there over the next few years...

we missed on that guy, Packers, Niners and Seahawks, you can't do any better than that.

we missed on that guy, Packers, Niners and Seahawks, you can't do any better than that.

All 3 of our top front office guys, Whaley, Monos, and Fisher have rings. Whaley is part of the reason we had one of our most talented teams since Polian years.

We are in good hands in terms of talent evaluators. What we needed was strong stable ownership.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Recovery is hard. I hope he stays on the wagon. DC is a drinking town. For sure.

According to an article I read a few weeks ago he still drinks and says he doesn't have a problem and can control it.

According to an article I read a few weeks ago he still drinks and says he doesn't have a problem and can control it.

Saw the same thing. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that he is over his problem. He is however probably the best talent scout out there. Glad he's not in AFC East.

Edited by moreproblemsthanOrton

IIRC he was drinking a beer during the interview.

* EDIT - Here's the article from ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12014699/scot-mccloughan-nfl-best-talent-scout-self-employed-living-farm

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Don't all alcoholics say the same thing? The guy is a great talent evaluator but he's a ticking time bomb. If the Bills hired him, national media would lambast them for hiring a drunk.

All 3 of our top front office guys, Whaley, Monos, and Fisher have rings. Whaley is part of the reason we had one of our most talented teams since Polian years.

We are in good hands in terms of talent evaluators. What we needed was strong stable ownership.

What have you done for me lately?

I'm not so sure about this. First off it was Seattle's OC Darrell Bevell who put his name on the line for the 'Hawks to draft Russell Wilson. The second point is, if I'm not mistaken, is AJ Smith is in the mix over there in Washington's front office. He's expected to get an expanded role. When it comes to evaluating talent Smith is no slouch. It was rumored that if Polian came onboard with the Bills, Smith was expected to be the new GM. Couple that with bringing Frank Reich as the HC and we would of had a good old fashion 20 year reunion.

Don't all alcoholics say the same thing? The guy is a great talent evaluator but he's a ticking time bomb. If the Bills hired him, national media would lambast them for hiring a drunk.

This is totally on point. I read that article - he lost his family, two great jobs - but he's fine since he's only drinking beer. OK.

He apparently wasn't so great a talent evaluator that two teams could overlook his drinking and whatever destruction that was causing.