Tracking the Bills Front Office - Gas up the jet!

CherryCoke

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric Bieniemy is the running backs coach in KC. Obviously this whole process is a favor to Chris Berman so he can bring back his "Eric Sleeping With Bieniemy" line...

//Please don't actually interview Charlie Weis.

Edited by Bills1218

A few things;

1. A buddy of mine is a private pilot for jets. Even if he flies a non-company (personally owned) plane, which he does at times, to offset the costs the plane will be rented out to other people needing flights. So, even if it is a Pegula owned plane, he may use it for others flights. Just because you have tons doesn't mean you waste tons.

2. The 48' in Denver. I would assume that the interview process is very long and intensive, so that isn't enough time. At least that is what I have heard. More realistically I think they picked up Gase and did the interview on the plane

Forcing Gase to deadhead home on another flight or commercial? Why would Gase agree to that waste of his time? It may have been a short interview because someone heard something they didn't like, maybe Gase was like "straighten out your FO and get back to me guys" or maybe Gase asked "what's your plan for a QB?" and responded "no thanks, I want a gig with a QB or a high draft pick to get one"

For those interested... Sorry if already posted..saw this on another board...This appears to be the plane Pegula and company are using to tour the country....

Yeah yeah I know it's creepy, but kind of interesting

Flight #1: Buffalo to Florida (reported that Russ And Doug went to pegulas house)

Flight #2: Florida to Denver (Gase)

Flight #3: Denver to Seattle (bevell & Quinn)

Flight #4: Seattle to San Fran scheduled for this morning. Who's in SF? Rex? Shanny?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/XSR960/history/20150104/1630Z/KBFI/KSFO

So now they stopped at Vail (that's Eagle County) before heading to Lawrence. Someone wanted to go skiing? And who's in Lawrence, or did they fly back commercial and another group took over?

Edited by Hopeful

By the way, have any of you guys flown on a private jet?

I have had the privilege of doing so for work three times. I could seriously live on one of those. I once took one from pennsylvania to Oregon; door to door it was about 4 hours. No lines, no waiting, just walk on the plane and go.

Its not even like real flying is it JR? I love it...I am a powerball ticket away from a private jet :-)

Its not even like real flying is it JR? I love it...I am a powerball ticket away from a private jet :-)

I think it would be money well spent. I mean, the pilots served us wine and cheese too!

But the best part is just walking right on the plane. I clocked one of those flights, and it's easily like a 4-hour time save, if not more. I flew from Philly to pittsburgh once; and we got to the philly airport at 4, and I was sitting in my house in Pittsburgh before 5 pm.

Odd question:

If this plane is correct, could the 1 minute stopover in Vali be picking someone up to bring to the next destination (or even back to Buffalo)?

The latest route is Vali to Outside KC to Buffalo by 315.

If the Bills announce a presser at 5pm, we know this happened.

Odd question:

If this plane is correct, could the 1 minute stopover in Vali be picking someone up to bring to the next destination (or even back to Buffalo)?

The latest route is Vali to Outside KC to Buffalo by 315.

If the Bills announce a presser at 5pm, we know this happened.

Maybe they changed the transponder like in CONAIR!

For those interested... Sorry if already posted..saw this on another board...This appears to be the plane Pegula and company are using to tour the country....

Yeah yeah I know it's creepy, but kind of interesting

Flight #1: Buffalo to Florida (reported that Russ And Doug went to pegulas house)

Flight #2: Florida to Denver (Gase)

Flight #3: Denver to Seattle (bevell & Quinn)

Flight #4: Seattle to San Fran scheduled for this morning. Who's in SF? Rex? Shanny?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/XSR960/history/20150104/1630Z/KBFI/KSFO

I miss this!!!!!!!

This brings me back to when we were all holding our breath for Cowher and were tracking all flight out of Carolina

If I remember correctly Chip Kelly's interview clocked it at 17 minutes. it was widely reported in Oregon afterwords.

of course sitting across the table from Nix and Brandon may have had something to do with it.

Nix fell asleep after 16 minutes.....

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

I have had the privilege of doing so for work three times. I could seriously live on one of those. I once took one from pennsylvania to Oregon; door to door it was about 4 hours. No lines, no waiting, just walk on the plane and go.

Many times, but only when there's been a problem with it or it didn't have any interior (very loud and cold).

Obligatory buy a Cessna! Citation X, world's fastest civilian jet.

Why are people surprised that an interview in Denver with Gase could last 45min?

Bills - "So Mr Gase, what do you feel you would bring to the organisation as the teams head coach?"

Gase - "Well Mr. Manning says I make the best cup of coffee he has had in years, and he clocked me at being one of the fastest coaches in the league getting him the aerial photos and tablets with game footage"

Bills - "well we have heard enough......

We will have the paperwork faxed over using the Sabres office fax machine right away!"

Yea, we just sold our King Air this past year. Love travelling on that thing. We didn't use that often anyways and it was really just rented out and used for some training.

Why are people surprised that an interview in Denver with Gase could last 45min? Bills - "So Mr Gase, what do you feel you would bring to the organisation as the teams head coach?" Gase - "Well Mr. Manning says I make the best cup of coffee he has had in years, and he clocked me at being one of the fastest coaches in the league getting him the aerial photos and tablets with game footage" Bills - "well we have heard enough...... We will have the paperwork faxed over using the Sabres office fax machine right away!"

LMFAO

correct me if i am wrong, but we can't interview coaches still in the play-offs, can we??

Nope. We gotta wait for teams to be eliminated to talk with any of their guys now. This weekend we could talk to guys that were on the bye, if given permission of course.

interesting.... earlier it was scheduled to go from Lawrence to Buffalo.... it has since changed and is now going to Key West Fl from Lawrence

they are either hitting up duval street for drinks and some live music, or they gave us the slip and we are tracking some other rich schmucks heading on vacation

thanks for that clarification, but the flights and landings were yesterday and today, i would think the by-week stipulation would have ended on friday

we can during their first week playoff bye (if they have one), thus the rush to interview Seahawks, denver staff this weekend while they still can.

interesting.... earlier it was scheduled to go from Lawrence to Buffalo.... it has since changed and is now going to Key West Fl from Lawrence

they are either hitting up duval street for drinks and some live music, or they gave us the slip and we are tracking some other rich schmucks heading on vacation

Ha! Kim and Pegs must be tired of the whirlwind traveling, so they they just booted whaley and brandon on to commercial air so that they can go home!

thanks for that clarification, but the flights and landings were yesterday and today, i would think the by-week stipulation would have ended on friday

I thought I read somewhere that the deadline was sunday (can't interview monday and afterwards (once the teams know who they will actually be playing and can start game planning for them). Will see if I can find the link. Also, since many of those interviews have been confirmed (seattle and denver) to have happened yesterday, the deadline must be sunday.

EDIT: Correction , as I posted below deadline by rules is saturday, which explains why seatle and denver visits were saturday and san diego and san fran visits were sunday

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

If I remember correctly Chip Kelly's interview clocked it at 17 minutes. it was widely reported in Oregon afterwords.

of course sitting across the table from Nix and Brandon may have had something to do with it.

Coach Kelly was simply smart enough to see the train wreck Russ Brandon & Co. were/are...

IF say a Roger Staubach had the time and was willing I'd like to see Mr. & Mrs. Pegula tap him to head the FO, spar Whaley for a one year probation period, teach/tutor EJ and give this talented young athlete an opportunity to sink or swim. Being handcuffed by an inept OC and a controlling HC isn't a fair opportunity to learn how to develop your game. The likes of Staubach would have EJ shining like the star he is capable of being in the NFL.

If i was them, i'd be looking at the current temps of 17F in Buffalo and would be turning that Jet south. I'm sure they can all go over their notes just as well in Key West as you can in Buffalo. Man I could go for some Conch Fritters and a rum runner right now.

Here it is:

Many of the interviews involve coaches whose teams have a bye in the first round of the playoffs. NFL rules state that those coaches — on the Patriots, Broncos, Seahawks, and Packers — can interview through Saturday, and then cannot interview again until their team is eliminated from the playoffs.

Link

(thus seattle and Denver visits saturday, san diego and san fran visits on sunday)

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

Not sure what this relates to but George Seifert's wife has reported him missing....... Said he was kidnapped by 4 masked intruders yesterday from his San Francisco home...said she has gotten hang up calls traced to San Diego, Vail, Lawrence KS....

Edited by Formerly Joe F

You aren't just kidding, and you know it! Lol

I wish I were kidding but at this point, I suspect someone will given how crazy and rumor-filled this has been. I wasn't suggesting someone do it, I'm just asking who it will be!!!!!

Edited by zonabb

Jimmie Johnson lives in Key West. Football czar?

If i was them, i'd be looking at the current temps of 17F in Buffalo and would be turning that Jet south. I'm sure they can all go over their notes just as well in Key West as you can in Buffalo. Man I could go for some Conch Fritters and a rum runner right now.

No kidding, I need me one of them jets.