Does Terry Pegula Have A Clear Strategic Plan?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, I'm sure the Jets or other teams know Nate Hackett is a nitwit as OC...so they will hire Dougie on the condition that he not bring Nate in under any circumstances. We'll see how loyal he is to Nate then...and we can then chalk up our two years with Little Nate as experience (we were Doug and Nate's guineau pig). Hate them both. Go El Pegual!!!!! Make us proud Uncle Terry.

Edited by BringBackFergy

He's known (or should have known) about the opt-out possibility for months. And the Jets and Bears lined up their consultants weeks ago and have been working with them. Polian should've been onboard by now, or someone else should've been brought in if Polian wasn't going to be fully invested in this. I'm not saying there is no plan, but I'm saying, if there is a plan, now would be a good time to hear it.

Since when is it a given that a team needs a consultant?

He has a GM that is going to hire a coach and then go find a QB, Id assume.

Sure you are.

Talk about a couched question!

Oh, and Patty LaFontaine didn't "storm out of the organization", he was tossed out on his ass. Pegula did him a favor by saying Patty "resigned."

GO BILLS!!!

This.

As an aside, I remember Sully wrote a column suggesting that the Pegulas were lucky etc. We all should be so lucky.

Projecting an aura of stability around a franchise that has represented anything but?

And the clock has already run out on this idea? According to whom? What does the owners' manual say about this matter?

GO BILLS!!!

Projecting an aura of stability around a franchise that has represented anything but?

There are very few people who have opinions that matter today, and none will be shaped by pegula announcing anything on espn- we are simply fans and we have months to get back on the bandwagon (not that any of us are leaving).

Until it's shown to be total disarray I think the simplest answer is they had a head coach that was an ego maniac and a quarterback who didn't have his heart in the game. Now they start taking action to remedy those.

You and I? We don't get clued in on the plan til the decision is made and we aren't owed any more right now. What the owner is saying to the GM and the GM is saying to candidates/agents stays behind closed doors for a bit here.

I'm beginning to think, the Bills will simply promote Schwartz. Wouldn't be surprised if Hackett stays too. I wonder if the very conservative play calling was Marone more than Hackett? Seems to fit Marone's personality more than Hackett. Hackett may well have wanted to throw some wrinkles into the offensive game plan that Marone simply shot down.

Sure, Orton and Marone leaving have caused a lot of wild speculation. I'm not convinced the Bills don't all ready have all the tools they need. Except maybe some player acquisitions on offense.

You and I? We don't get clued in on the plan til the decision is made and we aren't owed any more right now. What the owner is saying to the GM and the GM is saying to candidates/agents stays behind closed doors for a bit here.

Yep, exactly.

No. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. None. Winning teams and personal finance are two completely different animals. Winning a big bet or landing one big client might be luck but when you continually win at life in high stakes finance you are not simply lucky. This is the same exact mentality that has absolutely corrupted our country. You EARN wealth and when you are the one who built the wealth it is not simply bestowed upon you by catching some lucky breaks. In Pegula's case he anticipated the market before anyone else and that takes skill and brain power. You weren't just a few lucky breaks away from being a billionaire Doc. God what an awful way to think.

It's early, I admit, but...

^ post of the year nominee