Does Terry Pegula Have A Clear Strategic Plan?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most fortunes, as well as winning teams, are created with a great amount of luck.

No. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. None. Winning teams and personal finance are two completely different animals. Winning a big bet or landing one big client might be luck but when you continually win at life in high stakes finance you are not simply lucky. This is the same exact mentality that has absolutely corrupted our country. You EARN wealth and when you are the one who built the wealth it is not simply bestowed upon you by catching some lucky breaks. In Pegula's case he anticipated the market before anyone else and that takes skill and brain power. You weren't just a few lucky breaks away from being a billionaire Doc. God what an awful way to think.

You can bet, when they feel they (the Sabres) are ready to take the next step in their rebuild, the roster will be filled out with vets. They will likely being dealing some of their young talent for vetran leaders...they aren't there yet.

Very much agree. However to get to that next step they need a lot of their prospects to also make it to the next level.

No. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. None. Winning teams and personal finance are two completely different animals. Winning a big bet or landing one big client might be luck but when you continually win at life in high stakes finance you are not simply lucky. This is the same exact mentality that has absolutely corrupted our country. You EARN wealth and when you are the one who built the wealth it is not simply bestowed upon you by catching some lucky breaks. In Pegula's case he anticipated the market before anyone else and that takes skill and brain power. You weren't just a few lucky breaks away from being a billionaire Doc. God what an awful way to think.

I agree 100%

I consider myself very competent in what I do for a living. But I strongly suspect as an owner of a NHL or NFL franchise I tried to be directly involved I would be incompetent. Because you are good at one thing does not mean you are good at something else completely unrelated. But like I said, far too early to make that judgement at this point one way or the other.

Yessir!

Most fortunes, as well as winning teams, are created with a great amount of luck.

Im not calling him incompetent. Yet.

But I am closely watching how he handles this situation (while hoping for the best).

Of course there is luck involved in everything of this type. It is NOT 100% his skill.

The plan would be not to make any rash decisions.

If people seriously are expecting that Pegula will publicly lay out his thoughts and plans they are going to be disappointed. That is not his style. They have had less than 24 hours since the dickhead quit. We don't know if that surprised ownership or if it was engineered. We don't know what plans are for Brandon or Whaley. All will be clear in due time.

Edited by MDFan

I consider myself very competent in what I do for a living. But I strongly suspect as an owner of a NHL or NFL franchise I tried to be directly involved I would be incompetent. Because you are good at one thing does not mean you are good at something else completely unrelated. But like I said, far too early to make that judgement at this point one way or the other.

Running an NFL organization is just like running a business I would guess. You don't overpay for mediocre assets (Marrone) and you hire the best people below you to run things. Sometimes you don't get the guy you made your first choice (Polian) and you move on. More than one person in this world is capable of player personnel direction and you do whatever it takes to find the best one out there and let him do his thing.

REALLY!!!! :w00t:

Dude, R-E-L-A-X © Aaron Rodgers

No one is calling him incompetent (yet). Just saying that being good at one thing doesnt mean you can be good at everything else.

I know I wasnt a few lucky breaks away from being a billionaire. The actual point is, most Billioniares were a few breaks away from their fortune never working out. There is a great amount of serendipity that goes along with hard work along the road to success.

Running an NFL organization is just like running a business I would guess. You don't overpay for mediocre assets (Marrone) and you hire the best people below you to run things. Sometimes you don't get the guy you made your first choice (Polian) and you move on. More than one person in this world is capable of player personnel direction and you do whatever it takes to find the best one out there and let him do his thing.

No two businesses are the same. There are thousands of businessmen who have been remarkably successful in one field and failed disastrously in another. That is the point being made. Being a good reader of the natural gas market and having the vision to see how that will develop to enable you to get ahead of the game does not mean you will automatically have the same vision in pro-football.

Look what he has done with the Sabres - cleaned house and left the shelves empty.....that should answer your question.

Shelves are anything but empty. It's called a rebuild. And they've got the stocking of the shelves aspect of that down nicely.

GO BILLS!!!

Anyone who brings up the Sabres is just illustrating that they don't follow hockey, which is fine, almost nobody in the USA seems to.

But Pegula is well on the way to establishing the Sabres as a flagship NHL franchise. If you doubt this it is because you are either the bitter Buffalo "woe is me" type or you just don't follow hockey (both NHL and junior hockey) and are not aware of what is truly going on with the Sabres and Buffalo as an internationally known hockey town.

For example, young kids growing up in WNY can play hockey at a facility that is on par with or better than almost anywhere in the world.

It is pointless to try to explain it all. Google is your friend.

Edited by TheFunPolice