Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm personally THRILLED with the prospect of sexy Rexy, Roman, and Scwhartz leading this team. Talk about playoff experience and high octane/motivational coaches!

What a great 2015 so far. :beer:

if only for the drama.

but i agree, fantastic time to be a Bills fan !

i'm confident that Roman will create a good running game with what we have, and a multi-dimensional one with what we don't have yet. i sxpect immediate improvement in the O line - if only because Roman seems to understand how to get defenders to take themselves out of plays. i forget the quote, but the concept of 'orchestrating' a defensive response in order to expose a weakness to attack, is, well... something that either escaped the last staff, or was beyond their ability to achieve.

something tells me, Roman will be able to evolve the O as we win... and i' m looking forward to watch it unfold

"Roman may not be a dictator, but he has no problem dictating to opposing defenses. "He knows how to take that defense apart," Rathman says. "He breaks 'em down. He definitely has [swagger]. He's got a lot of confidence. But he should have a lot of confidence.""

This is what I liked about his offenses in San Francisco, I saw a unit that bullied defenses and didn't stop until they saw them wave the white flag (remember our game there under Chan's leadership)

One of my ideal scenarios was a combination of Schwartz as the HC and Roman as his OC. I have doubts about Ryan's clock management and timeout usage but I can't say I'm totally disappointed with Ryan, Schwartz and Roman as the main heads of the coaching staff.

Bring Rathman with u Roman as rbs coach big time upgrade over Wheatly

Let me jump on the bandwagon noting how unloved Roman is in the Bay Area where they're surprised Roman's getting HC and OC consideration.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Go-figure-49ers-Roman-hot-candidate-5997808.php

GM Trent Baalke's daughter tweeted this about Roman after the 9ers lost to Seattle 19-3 on Thanksgiving, “The 49ers don’t want you no more.” [/size]

As a curious counterpoint to the stats FeartheLosing shared, [/size]

in 2014 SF was the #30 passing team[/size]

in 2013 SF was the #30 passing team[/size]

in 2012 SF was the #23 passing team[/size]

in 2011 SF was the #29 passing team[/size]

Yet they went to the NFC Championships three times in a row and the SB once of the three. Seems like a tremendous running game and a stifling defense gets you there.

Wasnt it under Roman where Alex Smith resurrected his career?

Yes and Harbaugh went with the better "talent." Not close enough to that team to know but seems many fans wish they had stuck with the game manager. Hard to argue with the results prior to this year though.

Yes and Harbaugh went with the better "talent." Not close enough to that team to know but seems many fans wish they had stuck with the game manager. Hard to argue with the results prior to this year though.

yeah same here but from outside looking in, with that defense and the way Alex Smith was playing within that scheme, who knows if it was the right move in retrospect. CK still has a lot to learn.

49er fans are seriously ecstatic at the thought of Roman leaving and tsking some of his assistants with him. That concerns me.

Someone help me feel better about this.

That this year was an organizational train wreck and he's had a VERY good career before the harbaugh vs the front office meltdown which can effect everyone?

That this year was an organizational train wreck and he's had a VERY good career before the harbaugh vs the front office meltdown which can effect everyone?

I'll buy it. It may help me sleep at night...

Edited by Augie

49er fans are seriously ecstatic at the thought of Roman leaving and tsking some of his assistants with him. That concerns me.

Someone help me feel better about this.

49er fans are in denial about Kaepernick and they're desperately clinging to any scapegoat they can. That means demonizing the OC.

The fact is that Alex Smith was performing just as well in that system before Kaepernick took over. He had success early but now that defenses have forced him to win with his arm he hasn't been able to process fast enough to make the right plays. That's on the QB. SF's loss is our gain.

Edited by Rob's House