Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances are better that he hit his ceiling and the fact he couldnt throw accurate passes consistently from the pocket hurt him rather than Harbaugh and Roman suddenly becoming stupid.

I don't think he hit his ceiling--if that was true he would stay at this ceiling, with good coaching, not decline. Something bad happened to that offense. Just seems to me that a guy with Kaep's arm and legs, you wouldn't fall so far so fast.

I don't think he hit his ceiling--if that was true he would stay at this ceiling, with good coaching, not decline. Something bad happened to that offense. Just seems to me that a guy with Kaep's arm and legs, you wouldn't fall so far so fast.

And three years of ascension followed by a year of regression with an offensive minded QB guru egomaniacal HC and you think the OC stinks?

Get me Crabtree to go on the outside with Sammy. Move Woody to the slot and we are Golden. Just need a QB!

You do realize that Roman focuses on the running game right? Get me some decent guards and pound the freakin rock.

Greg Roman has been under consideration for a Head Coaching job for a long time (in both the NFL and college). Even though he has never gotten the opportunity, he has been a strong candidate for many jobs, so I have to think that he comes with a good pedigree. Things went south in San Fran this year, but I dont think you can blame that all on Roman. I for one will give him a long leash before calling for his head :)

And three years of ascension followed by a year of regression with an offensive minded QB guru egomaniacal HC and you think the OC stinks?

Not sure what you're getting at with Harbaugh in his last year, but I don't know if Roman "stinks". It doesn't seem ideal to take a guy who directed an offense in sharp, swift decline.

That's all I'm saying.

Q: You said that Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman scheme the run game really well. Can you talk about your history with them and maybe offseason visits to go over schemes?

CHIP KELLY: Yeah, just two guys I’ve got great respect for. Greg has come up to visit when I was at Oregon and they went to the 49ers. Obviously when they were at Stanford and we were at Oregon we didn’t share any notes on anything. But when they got to the league, Greg came up once and visited with us and we shared ideas. And then I had an opportunity during an open date when I was at Oregon in the season to go down and visit with those guys. Two guys I’ve got great, great respect for. Two really good football coaches.

Q: Did you get a lot of coaches come up there?

KELLY: We had a lot of guys want to come up but we only had a few come in.

Q: Meaning only a few followed through or only a few you allowed to come in?

KELLY: It only fit a few people’s schedules in the time we had available.

Q: Do you see the 49ers and Greg Roman using aspects of what you did at Oregon?

KELLY: Yeah I think they’ve run some zone-read stuff with Kap. They do a really good job of it. They’ve added their own wrinkles to it. I don’t think when anybody visits anybody they say, “Hey, I’m going to take this exactly from them.” I think you learn and then you think, “How can I apply it to the personnel I have?” And I think that’s one of the strengths of Jim and Greg is, is that they adapt their offense to their personnel.

I actually hope they keep Hackett in the building .. Some of his play design on the scripted plays in the first quarter were good .

He just was a terrible game manager , bad at adjustments and a bad play caller that didn't consider his personnel properly .

Doesn't mean he wasn't a good strategist or play designer . He may be a good oc after ten years just not learning on the job to not telegraph runs or do what Dallas just did .

I agree with this. Is there such a thing as assistant OC and would he take it?

I agree with this. Is there such a thing as assistant OC and would he take it?

You can name a guy whatever you want.... But unless he LOVES buffalo he's leaving for a fresh start with a clean slate and clearly the powers that be don't love him.