Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrian Peterson? I know some would not want him here... But he could be a good fit for this offense.

I've been thinking the same way. I'd rather have an offense that creates a cheap running game via technique the way Shanahan and Kubiak teams have done. But if you hire Roman you gotta give him talent like he had on OL and at RB in SF,

Not thrilled with the Roman hire but if they give him the talent he has shown he can win deep into the playoffs. And Peterson has carried a team to the playoffs without a QB before......the only RB in recent memory to be able to do that.

I suppose you could look at it this way.....Ryan can help you win the AFC East.....Roman can help you compete against an NFC west team in a Super Bowl. The AFC is a bit more up-for-grabs than the NFC at this moment.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

If we do indeed hire Rex and Roman and retain Schwartz, it means we end up with three of our HC candidates on our staff.

I only expected that in a Shanahan/Shanaha/Schwartz scenario.

As I try to be optimistic about this, I reason that three HC candidates on the same staff ought to be a good thing.

Good find - sounds like the guy is a legit Offensive mind, let's hope he opens it up in Buffalo. There was some speculation that Harbaugh's conservative nature hamstrung Roman a bit. We shall see!

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN · 20m 20 minutes ago

Source: Greg Roman is meeting with Rex Ryan and Bills in Florida today. Uncertain whether any 49ers assistants will join him in Buffalo.

Matt Maiocco @MaioccoCSN · 2h 2 hours ago

#49ers OC Greg Roman and Rex Ryan talked about joining forces when Ryan landed job. Ryan reportedly going to Bills. http://www.csnbayare...ng-forces-bills

Good find - sounds like the guy is a legit Offensive mind, let's hope he opens it up in Buffalo. There was some speculation that Harbaugh's conservative nature hamstrung Roman a bit. We shall see!

Same statement can be made true with Marrone and Hackett...

:nana:

Same statement can be made true with Marrone and Hackett...

:nana:

Trust me, that thought was running through my head! :beer:

Still, we've been calling for an "innovative" O guy, from that article sounds like Roman *could* be it. Bring on the crazy late-night formations and sequences! But please, just score some points!!

Are you out of your mind. Flacco is one of the best QB's in the league in big games, whereas Manuel is terrible. If they go with him, it doesn't matter who the HC is, 6-10

I've seem no indication Manuel crumbles in big games ala dalton. EJ needs only small steps forward to be middle of the pack, which is flacco minus one incredibly hot streak

Roman is really growing on me. The more I read about the guy, the more I like him. Many knowledgeable football people think he should be a HC by now. The guy is not only innovative, he actually takes that innovation and employs it on the field. The guy is not afraid of trying something that has never been done before and I have always felt that Marrone's problem was that he only wanted to do what has all ready proven to work.

Ryan is just a figurehead as far as I am concerned but I have seen some things the Jets have done under him that have really surprised me. He should make a good leader. I think the real change for this team though is going to come from an innovative OC and a couple more pieces on offense. We have seen some real progress all ready. We have a top notch defense and special teams. The offense has not been all bad. We know we have some talented receivers, some good RBs and a couple of good OLmen. The TEs have not been all bad. A couple of pieces and a little innovation will go a long way. This team is closer than many think.

The QB position is the biggest question mark by a country mile. However, we may be surprised the difference a good OC can make. We may also be surprised by who we end up keeping. Schwartz I think stays. Hackett is likely gone but then again don't be surprised if he is asked to stay on. Maybe the FO decides to keep him, Roman becomes assistant HC. You never know how this will play out. Maybe Hackett is demoted to an offensive assistant.

It's going to be a wild ride either way. One thing I am pretty sure of, though. We are going all in. The Pegulas are looking for a championship.

I think everyone agrees that they need fresh legs at the RB position. Spiller is not the guy to for Romans attack. Fred Jackson is our Frank Gore. So who will be our Carlos Hyde?

Spiller can't function under him but Fred is gore? I think you could argue both of those as stretches

Trust me, that thought was running through my head! :beer:

Still, we've been calling for an "innovative" O guy, from that article sounds like Roman *could* be it. Bring on the crazy late-night formations and sequences! But please, just score some points!!

You lobbed that one towards the plate so I had to swing at it. :beer:

I think Marrone thought he was Harbaugh; he most have multiple personalities disorder.

I don't think Rex will restrict what the OC does unless he really has to

Roman is really growing on me. The more I read about the guy, the more I like him. Many knowledgeable football people think he should be a HC by now. The guy is not only innovative, he actually takes that innovation and employs it on the field. The guy is not afraid of trying something that has never been done before and I have always felt that Marrone's problem was that he only wanted to do what has all ready proven to work.

Ryan is just a figurehead as far as I am concerned but I have seen some things the Jets have done under him that have really surprised me. He should make a good leader. I think the real change for this team though is going to come from an innovative OC and a couple more pieces on offense. We have seen some real progress all ready. We have a top notch defense and special teams. The offense has not been all bad. We know we have some talented receivers, some good RBs and a couple of good OLmen. The TEs have not been all bad. A couple of pieces and a little innovation will go a long way. This team is closer than many think.

The QB position is the biggest question mark by a country mile. However, we may be surprised the difference a good OC can make. We may also be surprised by who we end up keeping. Schwartz I think stays. Hackett is likely gone but then again don't be surprised if he is asked to stay on. Maybe the FO decides to keep him, Roman becomes assistant HC. You never know how this will play out. Maybe Hackett is demoted to an offensive assistant.

It's going to be a wild ride either way. One thing I am pretty sure of, though. We are going all in. The Pegulas are looking for a championship.

Good post.

One thing good about Roman is that Whaley and the Pegulas got to interview him a few days ago for hours and find out exactly what his philosophy is, and how he would fix the offense and what he thought of EJ and the rest of the players. That's a huge bonus. If they weren't impressed with Roman they would never be letting Rex hire him. I liked the idea of Trestman as OC but there is a lot we don't know about him and what he may think about the Bills.

Good post.

One thing good about Roman is that Whaley and the Pegulas got to interview him a few days ago for hours and find out exactly what his philosophy is, and how he would fix the offense and what he thought of EJ and the rest of the players. That's a huge bonus. If they weren't impressed with Roman they would never be letting Rex hire him. I liked the idea of Trestman as OC but there is a lot we don't know about him and what he may think about the Bills.

I liked Trestman too but the knock against him is he gets pass happy. That might not jive with Rex.

Spiller can't function under him but Fred is gore? I think you could argue both of those as stretches

Spiller is not a feature back. God, I hope this new staff knows this. Fred is more like our Gore. Decline in age and production and both punishing rushers. I'm saying we need someone, like Carlos Hyde, to come in and slowly take the reigns from Fred, much like Hyde is from Gore.