Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 title games and 1 SB appearance in 4 years. A bad year for him was 8-8 and that is a SB parade here.

We`ll see when you start crying about no passing game and the d is stacking the line. At least Fred will be on I.R. after 3 games. The Rams laughed at his O this year. Made Hackett look like a mastermind. It`s said his offense is easily figured out and he can`t adjust. Sound familiar ?

Good find. I feel a little better now.

But is Kaep really solely to blame for the 49ers lack of productivity throwing the ball?

Let me jump on the bandwagon noting how unloved Roman is in the Bay Area where they're surprised Roman's getting HC and OC consideration.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/Go-figure-49ers-Roman-hot-candidate-5997808.php

GM Trent Baalke's daughter tweeted this about Roman after the 9ers lost to Seattle 19-3 on Thanksgiving, “The 49ers don’t want you no more.” [/size]

As a curious counterpoint to the stats FeartheLosing shared, [/size]

in 2014 SF was the #30 passing team[/size]

in 2013 SF was the #30 passing team[/size]

in 2012 SF was the #23 passing team[/size]

in 2011 SF was the #29 passing team[/size]

In other words, he was able to construct an offense that allowed a team with a dominant defense and marginal QBs to win consistently. Sounds like a perfect fit to me.

"Roman may not be a dictator, but he has no problem dictating to opposing defenses. "He knows how to take that defense apart," Rathman says. "He breaks 'em down. He definitely has [swagger]. He's got a lot of confidence. But he should have a lot of confidence.""

This is what I liked about his offenses in San Francisco, I saw a unit that bullied defenses and didn't stop until they saw them wave the white flag (remember our game there under Chan's leadership)

One of my ideal scenarios was a combination of Schwartz as the HC and Roman as his OC. I have doubts about Ryan's clock management and timeout usage but I can't say I'm totally disappointed with Ryan, Schwartz and Roman as the main heads of the coaching staff.

In other words, he was able to construct an offense that allowed a team with a dominant defense and marginal QBs to win consistently. Sounds like a perfect fit to me.

That's certainly one way to look at it. And I hope you're right.

It also could mean Roman has no talent coordinating a passing attack which is how many fans & media-types in the Bay Area think.

Plays ran from Roman to Kaep through Harbaugh. No doubt he changed things like Marrone did. I'm willing to wait and see. I like the running game part though.

Me too. I really think the Bills can be effective passing too if the running game improved.

Thanks for that. I feel a lot better now. I don't know much about him. Don't know if he's good or bad. That was encouraging that he totally adapts to his players and not forcing a system.

Thanks for that. I feel a lot better now. I don't know much about him. Don't know if he's good or bad. That was encouraging that he totally adapts to his players and not forcing a system.

He also does some creative stuff in the run game. Misdirection, formation changes etc....

"Roman may not be a dictator, but he has no problem dictating to opposing defenses. "He knows how to take that defense apart," Rathman says. "He breaks 'em down. He definitely has [swagger]. He's got a lot of confidence. But he should have a lot of confidence.""

This is what I liked about his offenses in San Francisco, I saw a unit that bullied defenses and didn't stop until they saw them wave the white flag (remember our game there under Chan's leadership)

One of my ideal scenarios was a combination of Schwartz as the HC and Roman as his OC. I have doubts about Ryan's clock management and timeout usage but I can't say I'm totally disappointed with Ryan, Schwartz and Roman as the main heads of the coaching staff.

Tell that to the Rams and co.