Greg Roman for OC

BillsFanMike

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seem no indication Manuel crumbles in big games ala dalton. EJ needs only small steps forward to be middle of the pack, which is flacco minus one incredibly hot streak

Manuel is one of two QBs ever to win four Bowl games. He seemed to have played well in big games. :)

Yeah the thing I liked about Manuel as a prospect was his ability to simply keep the chains moving. That tends to play well in big games or small games, at home or on the road. Going down-tempo and trying to turn him into a pocket passer just exposed his limitations. His knee injuries were a concern but you gotta' let him do what he can do best and not worry too much about him getting hurt.

Yeah the thing I liked about Manuel as a prospect was his ability to simply keep the chains moving. That tends to play well in big games or small games, at home or on the road. Going down-tempo and trying to turn him into a pocket passer just exposed his limitations. His knee injuries were a concern but you gotta' let him do what he can do best and not worry too much about him getting hurt.

If they're committing to giving Manuel a shot I say bring in Locker to compete. Not because he's obviously better - he isn't - but because if EJ and Locker run a Kaep type offense with at least some read option, neither will survive all 16 games. So have 2 QBs capable of learning and running the same system.

The people who were dreaming of a wide open passing attack led by a mystery QB coming from no where will be disappointed. They will not like Roman. The fans who are realistic and know there is no mystery QB will be OK. That EJ for better or worse IS the best option, and that a power running game and dominant defense can win. Seattle this year and last, San Francisco a few years ago and Baltimore are examples of the Team that Buffalo will be. I will take it.

Edited by bisonbrigade

The people who were dreaming of a wide open passing attack led by some mystery QB coming from no where will be disappointed. They will not like Roman. The fans who are realistic and know there is no mystery QB. That EJ for better or worse IS the best option, and that a power running game and dominant defense can win. Seattle this year and last, San Francisco a few years ago and Baltimore are examples of the Team that Buffalo will be. I will take it.

Well said. They say one of his best attributes is using wht he has and making it worth. As NoSaint pointed out in another thread, the 5 year deal might be to include 1 or 2 years to settle the QB situation. But for right now, I couldn't agree more.

If they're committing to giving Manuel a shot I say bring in Locker to compete. Not because he's obviously better - he isn't - but because if EJ and Locker run a Kaep type offense with at least some read option, neither will survive all 16 games. So have 2 QBs capable of learning and running the same system.

I agree that Locker has skill but he is as close to a guaranteed injury as possible. If your QB is going to be involved in designed runs you need depth. When it's EJ and Locker you would definitely need a 3rd QB and then you should have a Nick Marshall type of super athlete QB in development on the practice squad.

My prediction: There will be no more treating EJ Manuel like he is a fragile piece of glass. He is going to be asked to run the ball in the read option even if that means taking hits.

My bolder prediction: The Bills will trade next yer's first round pick and this years 2nd round pick to trade up and take a QB.

Manuel and the new guy will compete for the job.

It would take a **** tone more than that to get the #32 pick in 2015.

It would basically take the entire 2015 draft picks + a 2016 2nd and 3rd to get the #2 overall pick and Winston.

#Notgonnahappen

Edited by Why So Serious?