Would you trade a 5th for Josh Gordon?

YoloinOhio

If he is going to go to a team in our division that is not the Bills, I see him in Miami.

I also see him being sent somewhere in NFC. Minnesota could use him opposite Patterson.

If I am Buffalo I look at trading Goodwin for Gordon.

Only on two conditions:

1) marijuana legislation and regulations are changed. It shouldn't be an issue, but for the league, it is. And Gordon either can't control himself or take precautions not to get caught.

2) Marrone provided the mgmt some assurance that Gordon would actually get to play. The Mike Williams situation gives me pause here, even though he is about 1/10 the talent of Gordon.

But he would probably be worth the flier.

Yeah, it would be cool to see those two guys streaking open all over the field, while Orton throws to a covered guy 5 yards away, as all five linemen get smooshed into his face.

Well, and there's that.

Only on two conditions:

1) marijuana legislation and regulations are changed. It shouldn't be an issue, but for the league, it is. And Gordon either can't control himself or take precautions not to get caught.

2) Marrone provided the mgmt some assurance that Gordon would actually get to play. The Mike Williams situation gives me pause here, even though he is about 1/10 the talent of Gordon.

But he would probably be worth the flier.

Well, and there's that.

1) They just did this. Well, they made it easier to pass a test anyway. Hopefully that is enough for Gordon to stay off the suspension list.

2) Gordon is no Mike Williams. He would play. He would arguably be our #1.

Edited by MoreOffense

1) They just did this. Well, they made it easier to pass a test anyway. Hopefully that is enough for Gordon to stay off the suspension list.

2) Gordon is no Mike Williams. He would play. He would arguably be our #1.

I'm still not convinced that Marrone prioritizes ability over his grudges.

Trade one of these outstanding players for a pro bowl talent (who would immediately open up opportunities for Watkins on the field)?? Surely you jest!

Cyril Richardson

Jonathan Meeks

Zebrie Sanders

Tank Carder

Johnny White

Ed Wang

Nic Harris

Edited by KD in CT

Yeah, it would be cool to see those two guys streaking open all over the field, while Orton throws to a covered guy 5 yards away, as all five linemen get smooshed into his face.

:lol: ... :huh:... :unsure: ... :cry:

That is why you might be able to get him for a 5th. I still doubt he could be had for that though. If I were the Browns I wouldn't trade him at all.

no they want to get rid of him because he doesn't show up for practice or meetings and doesn't finish routes or know the plays Edited by YoloinOhio

How could you not gamble a 5th for a player like Gordon? Marrone would manage to find a way to bench him the entire season tho.

He will end up with NE for a 7th and he will break records like Moss did.

I'm still not convinced that Marrone prioritizes ability over his grudges.

Do you have any proof of grudges?

What good is another receiver on this team? We need a real QB and revamped OL.

if he plays like he did in 2013, every team could use him.

Do you have any proof of grudges?

I have Mike Williams and Kraig Urbik not playing while being questionably better than the alternatives. Getting rid of Stevie after being at odds with him in 2013.

Do you have proof that he doesn't hold grudges? We can play this game all day. I never offered proof, I simply said I'm not convinced that it isn't an issue.

I would love that talent, but if Pettine couldn't shape him up, Marrone isn't the guy to do it. Sadly, he may be the Pats next Randy Moss

I am going to disagree with your opinion. Pettine is more of an in your face type of coach, from what I've seen. Marrone is more compassionate and a players coach. I could see Gordon reciprocating with Marrone more than Pettine. Usually a "I'm going to do things my way" type of guy will listen to the opposite.

Trade one of these outstanding players for a pro bowl talent (who would immediately open up opportunities for Watkins on the field)?? Surely you jest!

Cyril Richardson

Jonathan Meeks

Zebrie Sanders

Tank Carder

Johnny White

Ed Wang

Nic Harris

I don't know... I think Nic Harris would be more valuable to this team than Josh Gordon

Also, with our team giving players a "second chance" per se, there would be players on our team that could easily help guide Gordon towards "salvation" from going through identical things. I think we would probably be one of the best teams for him to go to.