Keith Rivers benched/ Preston Brown emerging as starter

YoloinOhio

Just read he only played 7 snaps yesterday. Is preston brown taking over strong side LB?

Is Rivers signed for 1 year or 2?

Brown is a baller. Loved the pick for a developmental player to get a few reps here or there. But the way he's played? He deserves all the playing time he gets.

And Rivers? Two year deal he signed.

Were Keith Rivers and Chris Williams Nix or Whaley decisions? Better ask Russ.

2014 UFAs not looking good. Even Graham hasn't been as good of late.

Quick! Switch him to safety!

He's looking like a great pick and a true 3-down back. With Kiko back next year, we'll have two outside 3-down backs and one of the best run-stuffing MLBs in the league. That's a pretty damn good LB corps.

I think this might make Spikes more expendable actually or at least give the Bills more leverage when negotiating with him. You forget how well Bradham has played. When Kiko comes back, Bradham will slide to strong side and I could see Brown being moved to middle. I'm not saying Brown is as good of a run stuffer as Spikes because he's clearly not (at least not currently), but if he's good enough they'll have the option of going with him at middle and we'd have three backers that could play all three downs. I get excited thinking about next year's LB corps.

Just read he only played 7 snaps yesterday. Is preston brown taking over strong side LB?

Is Rivers signed for 1 year or 2?

This is a strange report and observation.

Preston Brown has played the most snaps of any LB on the roster this year.

He has been a starter since Day1, and is actually a stronger ROY-Defense candidate then some of the bigger NAMES. (Like Clowney may get ROY votes even though he hasn't done anything this year.) He just doesn't have the sizzle Highlight reel plays yet.

Edited by Why So Serious?

This is a strange report and observation.

Preston Brown has played the most snaps of any LB on the roster this year.

He has been a starter since Day1, and is actually a stronger ROY-Defense candidate then some of the bigger NAMES. (Like Clowney may get ROY votes even though he hasn't done anything this year.) He just doesn't have the sizzle Highlight reel plays yet.

I think the observation is that he is emerging as a starter even with all 3 "starters" healthy. He started in week where either Bradham or Rivers were out. Now both are active, but he is still going to start. I don't know offhand, but only a couple games have both Bradham and Rivers been active. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think this might make Spikes more expendable actually or at least give the Bills more leverage when negotiating with him. You forget how well Bradham has played. When Kiko comes back, Bradham will slide to strong side and I could see Brown being moved to middle. I'm not saying Brown is as good of a run stuffer as Spikes because he's clearly not (at least not currently), but if he's good enough they'll have the option of going with him at middle and we'd have three backers that could play all three downs. I get excited thinking about next year's LB corps.

That's a good point. People probably forget that he was drafted as a Spikes-type run stuffing MLB. If he can do that, even if not quite as good as Spikes, AND do ok in coverage Spikes isn't really needed. Bradham - Brown - Alonso would make a great second level.

Were Keith Rivers and Chris Williams Nix or Whaley decisions? Better ask Russ.

2014 UFAs not looking good. Even Graham hasn't been as good of late.

that was Whaley, IIRC. Williams was someone the FO said they were high on for a few years - like Urbik. Rivers two year deal is healthy and quite reasonable, in fact I would love to trade him for a prospect this off season to an injury riddled team in need of an MLB. Miami?

Graham has been solid on ST.

That's a good point. People probably forget that he was drafted as a Spikes-type run stuffing MLB. If he can do that, even if not quite as good as Spikes, AND do ok in coverage Spikes isn't really needed. Bradham - Brown - Alonso would make a great second level.

for the first time in a decade our run D isn't crap. Almost worst to first. I would resign spikes 2 to 3 years at a reasonable amount and keep him as insurance at LB. If anyone goes down you're set. You can slide someone around and then put Spikes in. Kiko goes down? Spikes at MLB Brown to SLB Bradham at WLB. Bradham goes down? Spikes at MLB. brown to SLB. Kiko at WLB. Brown down, Spikes to MLB.

And we have talent with Ty Powell, lest we forget

I think the observation is that he is emerging as a starter even with all 3 "starters" healthy. He started in week where either Bradham or Rivers were out. Now both are active, but he is still going to start. I don't know offhand, but only a couple games have both Bradham and Rivers been active.

I think just logically speaking, why would you ever take a guy out that has started every game when the defense is working?

Doesn't matter if he was an injury replacement he has still be then starter since week 1 and played better than most of the other LBs every week.

Its just news if you're not paying attention.

Brown is fantastic. leads team in tackles. he can cover a tight end and will probably move to strong side next year when kiko plays weak side.

Bradham sucks. mental midget. too many penalties. takes wrong angles in coverage.

Spikes is so bad in coverage it wipes out any strength he brings vs the run.

Rivers sucks.

Edited by papazoid

Brown is fantastic. leads team in tackles. he can cover a tight end and will probably move to strong side next year when kiko plays weak side.

Bradham sucks. mental midget. too many penalties. takes wrong angles in coverage.

Spikes is so bad in coverage it wipes out any strength he brings vs the run.

Rivers sucks.

This game was Bradham's ticket out of Buffalo.

No Thank you.

Kiko, Brown, and ??? in 2015 will be a great LB set.

Brown should be a top candidate for ROY-Defense, but atlas he was not hyped in college and was a 3rd round pick so we won't win that popularity contest.

No Thank you.

Brown should be a top candidate for ROY-Defense, but atlas he was not hyped in college and was a 3rd round pick so we won't win that popularity contest.

:lol: This is hilariously ridiculous!

No Thank you.

PENALTY on BUF-N.Bradham, Taunting, 15 yards.

PENALTY on BUF-N.Bradham, False Start, 5 yards.

PENALTY on BUF-N.Bradham, Roughing the Passer.

PENALTY on BUF-N.Bradham, Face Mask (15 Yards).

Bradham had one bad game. It's not really a pattern.

The heading of this thread is misleading. Brown has been a starter since day 1. What he is emerging as is a star!

it isn't misleading. He only started early on the season due to injury. He is just now starting with all LBs healthy.

PENALTY on BUF-N.Bradham, Taunting, 15 yards.

PENALTY on BUF-N.Bradham, False Start, 5 yards.

PENALTY on BUF-N.Bradham, Roughing the Passer.

PENALTY on BUF-N.Bradham, Face Mask (15 Yards).

How many times has that happened ? Compare that to the times he has diagnosed a play and made a stop at or behind the line of scrimmage. He has shown passion and being a lower round pick, worked his way up. He needs to continue being a Bill.

Bradham had one bad game. It's not really a pattern.

it isn't misleading. He only started early on the season due to injury. He is just now starting with all LBs healthy.

Agreed

Brown is looking like a stud. Great pick. He seems like a good dude as well.

Safe to say that Whaley knows linebackers.

Edited by Fan in Chicago