The all Sam Bradford thread

Have you looked at the QBs available to QB starved teams like Buffalo? Have you considered the fact that this defense cannot maintain its level of play forever? Have you considered that with a QB & some o-line help this is a really good team?

What would you like to do to attempt to fix the position?

Yes and yes!! I've also considered the fact that he may get injured again. I would like to bring in a Shawn Hill or Matt Moore and let them battle EJ for the job. I still think EJ has the skill set to be a very good QB in the league.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand all the excitement for an oft injured QB? What has Bradford actually accomplished in the league? I, for one, want no part of Bradford. I'd have to have a defibrillator stationed near me every time he took a sack!

The excitement is that he is potentially available, and the fact is much good is still expected of him around the league. Jeff Fisher seems to want him back, that's good enough for me. I think Fisher is an excellent coach, if he thinks Bradford is good enough to start for him, he's good enough to start for us.

Some pretty good comments posted after the article.

"Even on IR Bradford would be an upgrade for Buffalo."

"Trade for his ambulance, too. Dude is made of glass."

based on fact or fiction?

and at what cost?

$16,580,000 IMO is way too much $$$ for a throwaway from the RAMS..

Yes the RAMS that have done what?

not convinced.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that and didn't immediately think he was referring to a possible Bills acquisition but I could see them trading their 2nd rounder for him.

@RossTuckerNFL: Maybe the Bills are trying to trade for Sam Bradford? Clearly not messing around in 2015.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I saw that and didn't immediately think he was referring to a possible Bills acquisition but I could see them trading their 2nd rounder for him.

@RossTuckerNFL: Maybe the Bills are trying to trade for Sam Bradford? Clearly not messing around in 2015.

where does that put our cap situation? (Little ninja guy looking around)

there's this bit of news on Twitter:

Joe Chenelly@jchenelly 6m6 minutes ago

I believe #SamBradford could quite possibly, maybe even likely, be waking up this morning for the last time as a member of the #Rams. #NFL

He didn't specifically say anything about the Bills but this could be something...

Here's a follow up

@jchenelly: @BillsZubaz I believe he'd be cut rather than traded, so there would be several teams battling it out. Yes, I think the #Bills would play.

Here's a follow up

@jchenelly: @BillsZubaz I believe he'd be cut rather than traded, so there would be several teams battling it out. Yes, I think the #Bills would play.

wow!!!

I'd guess the Jets would be in on that, among others

If nothing else this guy gets his info from the bills - so it's got some bills slant to it

Trade a pick for his contract, much less a 2nd rounder? NFW! Kick the tires if he's released? Sure.

Trade a late pick of he's in line to be released and renegotiate his deal? Maybe!

Sometimes the middle option makes sense

Trade a pick for his contract, much less a 2nd rounder? NFW! Kick the tires if he's released? Sure.

why not give up a late pick so you are only bidding against yourself on a contract. You can restructure his contract like we did with shady. As a free agent you have a bidding war. Edited by kr632

If the bills aren't willing to trade at least their remaining 5th rd pick for him to avoid having to compete for him in FA I would be surprised. It's the most important position on the team.

Maybe that is where the possibility of EJ getting cut on the 2nd day if FA comes in. Though I still think it makes no sense. IF this happens and they get SB, I would see EJ and SB competing for starter and Cassell as backup. Tuel goes bye bye.

Edited by YoloinOhio

It's a little late in the game to renegotiate a contract. Literally hours. With time needed for not only all parties to read the deal through the league would need to approve it. On an incredibly busy day for that office in terms of contracts coming through. So that won't be happening unless it was in the works already.

A team would have to do a handshake deal on a new contract and have room for his current salary cap hit until it got hammered out. I don't see any team giving up much for him without a new contract in place. Huge salary for one year for an oft injured QB doesn't make sense. If the Rams have room (which they do currently) why not wait until the dust settles and there are no QBs options left in the market and then rake a desperate team? Besides, they still need to find a QB if it isn't going to be Bradford.

It's a little late in the game to renegotiate a contract. Literally hours. With time needed for not only all parties to read the deal through the league would need to approve it. On an incredibly busy day for that office in terms of contracts coming through. So that won't be happening unless it was in the works already.

A team would have to do a handshake deal on a new contract and have room for his current salary cap hit until it got hammered out. I don't see any team giving up much for him without a new contract in place. Huge salary for one year for an oft injured QB doesn't make sense. If the Rams have room (which they do currently) why not wait until the dust settles and there are no QBs options left in the market and then rake a desperate team? Besides, they still need to find a QB if it isn't going to be Bradford.

there are rumors of a Foles trade to StL fwiw.

Just wondering everyone's thoughts on him. Doesn't appear he'll get his job back in St. Louis. Would you like us to bring him in? I would love to see him and a qb we draft battle it out for the job.

Worthless. Maybe worth Future considerations at best. Can't stay healthy, has never played up to his potential when healthy. Nothing special...

He'd need to agree to a restructure before the Bills would trade for him. $16.5M hit in the 2015 season. Last season on his current contract.

$13M. The salary only. The Rams would take the hit for the prorated signing bonus portion.

I don't get the "restructure" bit. He's in the last year of his contract. What is there to restructure?

His full $16 mil salary would be a cap killer for almost any team. Sign a 4-5 year $20 mil guaranteed deal, with incentives that could go to $100 mil if he's healthy.

if they can draw up contracts for multiple FAs I'm pretty sure one more won't be a problem.

His full $16 mil salary would be a cap killer for almost any team. Sign a 4-5 year $20 mil guaranteed deal, with incentives that could go to $100 mil if he's healthy.

I thought If he were traded the new team would only take a cap hit of around $13m (which seems reasonable to me). Is that wrong?

I thought If he were traded the new team would only take a cap hit of around $13m (which seems reasonable to me). Is that wrong?

I used the full cap hit, not his salary. $13 mil is still a lot for any team outside Jags, Jets & Oakland. You want that number down under $10 mill.

I am a bit skeptical this gets done, because Whaley hinted that the reason Bills can be active in FA is that they don't have to pay a franchise QB salary.

He'd need to agree to a restructure before the Bills would trade for him. $16.5M hit in the 2015 season. Last season on his current contract.

Think that is the hit film or St Louis, but $4m of that is dead money. New team on hook for $12m cap hit.

do you think we would have a better shot at a cheaper contract if we traded for him vs. Him being released?

IMO, probably not.

If I were in his agent's shoes, I'd tell any team that I'm not renegotiating the contract without a raise; no reason to give up a bird in the hand.

On the open market, where he's subject to his current-day value, I think we'd have a better shot at a reasonable deal.