The all Sam Bradford thread

Bradford is so good that a bad team with no viable alternative to Bradford is going to let him go.

Yeah, that's the guy we need. What could go wrong?

I don't know if you are purposely being obtuse or if you are trying to make your argument while completely ignoring the salary cap hit they'd take for keeping him. Maybe they think he's decent but not at the tune of Bradford's pay.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if any of you watched the Rams this year with Austin Davis 3-5 or Shaun Hill 3-5 at QB. :sick:

St Louis HC Jeff Fisher is praying Bradford returns and stays healthy in 2015 to save his job. The Rams were in the toughest division in the NFL last year, and they need that franchise QB as badly as Buffalo does.

I highly doubt St Louis (Fisher) lets Bradford leave at all, and perhaps they restructure and perhaps they don't. The Rams certainly look desperate enough to continue to pay him whatever it takes.

OTOH, given Bradford's injury history I can see the Rams actively looking for a better backup QB in free agency, and the draft. Then they should draft this year for the O line, as they were 10th in hits allowed, 8th in sacks allowed.

What do you all think about trying to acquire Sam Bradford?

Think he can pull a Drew Brees?

Frankly I'm dubious of Bradford. The guy has had a pretty mediocre career with a couple big injuries thrown in. People who like him make excuses but I don't see what's so special about him other than being a #1 overall pick and big hype coming out of college.

That said, I certainly would bring him in as a free agent or a verrrrry low value trade. Certainly wouldn't part with anything of value for him. He has about a 10% chance of being anything better than Orton/Fitz/etc.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Sam Bradford. He's played a full 16 game season 2 out of his 4 years so we have a 50/50 shot..lol. He's 27yrs old and would at least be a legit option at QB. What would it cost to get him?

That's the million dollar question. The Rams have been sending mixed signals -- Jeff says he wants to keep Bradford but also that he will have to compete for the starting job. I'd rather see the Rams cut bait with Bradford and the Bills sign him under a team friendly / incentive laden kind of deal than for them to trade assets to acquire him under his current deal.

That said, I don't think any QB decision can be made or seriously considered until we have a coach. If we hire an offensive coach (which I'm hoping) then I'd imagine he'd want a say in the QB options out there and Bradford might not fit his scheme/plans.

Re: Injury Prone

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/is-rams-qb-sam-bradford-injury-prone-or-a-victim-of-bad-luck--why-the-answer-may-surprise-you---225739976.html

Uncertainty and fear of injury allowed the Saints to land Brees for backup money.

I say we take a flier on Bradford with a great OC. He's never had any real weapons and most people thought he was the Luck/Peyton of his draft class.

That said, I certainly would bring him in as a free agent or a verrrrry low value trade. Certainly wouldn't part with anything of value for him. He has about a 10% chance of being anything better than Orton/Fitz/etc.

PTR I think that this kind of makes sense on those that support Bradford (I am 1). The difference is that I think that there is 100% chance that he'd be an improvement on Orton/Fitz if he can stay healthy. The problem is that I give him about a 20% chance of staying healthy.

The point being though some of us think that the light went off for him in 2013. He was playing great....and then he hasn't played since 2013!! I am not saying that he is Drew Brees but if healthy he could be Matt Ryan. That's a big upgrade. There is just not much hope that he will be healthy. Your options are extremely limited though so do you try to catch lightning in a bottle with Bradford or RG or do you try to get another Orton type like Matt Moore? For me I am all for rolling the dice a little bit because I think that the Bills window to win is open now (and they don't stay open very long).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

PTR I think that this kind of makes sense on those that support Bradford (I am 1). The difference is that I think that there is 100% chance that he'd be an improvement on Orton/Fitz if he can stay healthy. The problem is that I give him about a 20% chance of staying healthy.

The point being though some of us think that the light went off for him in 2013. He was playing great....and then he hasn't played since 2013!! I am not saying that he is Drew Brees but if healthy he could be Matt Ryan. That's a big upgrade. There is just not much hope that he will be healthy. Your options are extremely limited though so do you try to catch lightning in a bottle with Bradford or RG or do you try to get another Orton type like Matt Moore? For me I am all for rolling the dice a little bit because I think that the Bills window to win is open now (and they don't stay open very long).

100%

That's the ? Would u give a 3rd or even a 2nd plus a contract extension? That's what it would take. What would he want? My guess is at least 10m a season, for 4 seasons. That's a lot but I think I would do it.. And on a side not, I would do whatever it take a to get A.P. I think he could help us win with Bradford or E.J.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/is-rams-qb-sam-bradford-injury-prone-or-a-victim-of-bad-luck--why-the-answer-may-surprise-you---225739976.html

Uncertainty and fear of injury allowed the Saints to land Brees for backup money.

When Brees signed with the Saints he became one of the highest paid QBs in the NFL at the time. 6 years $60Mil.

I say we take a flier on Bradford with a great OC. He's never had any real weapons and most people thought he was the Luck/Peyton of his draft class.

Bradford has had multiple injury concerns. Not just the one. Now granted, Brees had a shoulder issue and that was very disconcerting. But Bradford is much more of a concern with a less impressive resume.

Sam Bradford has been in the league 5 years and only finished a season twice. He tore his left ACL in week 7 of the 2013 season and was done for the year. He tried to come back this year but he couldn't even make it out of the preseason before tearing the same ACL again. Two tears of the same ACL less than a year apart is a nightmare. I admire him for attempting another comeback but his injury concerns probably mean he will be a backup somewhere. I can't see any head coach staking his season(s) on Bradford at this point.

For those wondering, this is the hit that knocked him out in the preseason this year. It's not exactly L.T. hitting Theismann. How long do you think he would last behind our line?

Sam Bradford has been in the league 5 years and only finished a season twice. He tore his left ACL in week 7 of the 2013 season and was done for the year. He tried to come back this year but he couldn't even make it out of the preseason before tearing the same ACL again. Two tears of the same ACL less than a year apart is a nightmare. I admire him for attempting another comeback but his injury concerns probably mean he will be a backup somewhere. I can't see any head coach staking his season(s) on Bradford at this point.

For those wondering, this is the hit that knocked him out in the preseason this year. It's not exactly L.T. hitting Theismann. How long do you think he would last behind our line?

I read in a medical journal recently that nearly 60% of all sports-related knee injuries are non-contact injuries.

It's not exactly damning

I honestly am more intrigued by Austin Davis.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

You don't draft a QB worth battling for the starting job if you pick up Stafford. You keep him safe with help at the OL. No way any QB in the 2nd has the talent to push him.

That said I'd kick the tires and see what he is asking for.

I can see him in Buffalo. Obviously he will be signed for short money, so you have very little to lose. I'd say you have about a 70% chance to land him.

I would think that if he gets cut, we would be his number one choice as a destination, considering the lack of an established QB on the roster, EJ's status and the lack of a first round pick. I'd say we'd be more than 70% likely to land him if he's cut, assuming no other FA surprise cuts or trade possibilities (like Cutler coming available along with a draft pick trade up (some have said that the Bears may be so incentivized to dump Jay and ihs guaranteed salary that they'd trade him and say a 3rd round pick for a team's 4th or lower pick)). Personally, if Bradford's available and can be had for a reasonable price, I hope the Bills bring him in.

I would think that if he gets cut, we would be his number one choice as a destination, considering the lack of an established QB on the roster, EJ's status and the lack of a first round pick. I'd say we'd be more than 70% likely to land him if he's cut, assuming no other FA surprise cuts or trade possibilities (like Cutler coming available along with a draft pick trade up (some have said that the Bears may be so incentivized to dump Jay and ihs guaranteed salary that they'd trade him and say a 3rd round pick for a team's 4th or lower pick)). Personally, if Bradford's available and can be had for a reasonable price, I hope the Bills bring him in.

Yup. I'd agree with that analysis.

Yup. I'd agree with that analysis.

We would have a complete team. Even ej would have a real competition which he would have to take risks and get better .. If Bradford went down we would have an improved back up as well .. To good to be true but that would be a season to look forward to. Especially since the pats are exposed and it will be harder to steal the division .. Each team has to earn it next year . Bradford would send the message to the team to get ready for next year

Overpriced, sucks, and when hes not sucking on the field he's injured

Vince Lombardi has spoken. The Canton bust has spoken. We must move on now. JTSP has given us all the information we need. Right here on an internet chat site. So there is no reason to think about that magical quarterback he envisions on his madden game or whatever the F***. That guy can do nothing and I mean nothing wrong. A QB with no other players around him can go 19-0.

Internet chat site. Thats where I get my info. Only here are there deep thinkers, that are in the mix and in the field house and on the training facility in training camp. People like JTSP.

People like JTSP are the ones you can make your wagers on. Big wagers. Win big money. Just look at the in-depth analysis he delivers. You cant go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

@JasonLaCanfora Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams

whew, thankfully ... thought that bozo might end up here

St. Louis Rams sticking with Sam Bradford

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000470580/article/st-louis-rams-sticking-with-sam-bradford

Well that's a 180.

Bradford has 1 year left on his deal, and it would cost the bills $13 million. However you can bet the farm that any attempt to bring him over would require a contract extension which would absorb the high cap hit this year and make sure he is here for a few years.

The only compensation I can see us having at our disposal would be a franchise tag on Hughes and a sign and trade deal. Can not see anything else we could offer that would get us close to acquiring Bradford.

Bradford would be one of the best available QB options out there, 10 other teams will be interested.

The real question is what the hell would St. Louis do without Bradford, options are very limited

Edited by ddaryl

Probably cost next years first... Depending on where that is could be anywhere between 20-32...

it will not cost next years first, not even the second as there is a good chance Bradford ends up getting cut if not traded

Bradford is worth the chance IMO, he is still young and obviusly talented but just hasnt been able to stay healthy. He never had a receiver like Watkins or even Woods for that matter with the Rams and still put up decent numbers when healthy on what has been a bad team.

Edited by Max997

it will not cost next years first, not even the second as there is a good chance Bradford ends up getting cut if not traded

You sure about that b.c that isn't what is being talked about. They were saying that they would only give up Bradford if it was for a good price.

Bradford has 1 year left on his deal, and it would cost the bills $13 million. However you can bet the farm that any attempt to bring him over would require a contract extension which would absorb the high cap hit this year and make sure he is here for a few years.

The only compensation I can see us having at our disposal would be a franchise tag on Hughes and a sign and trade deal. Can not see anything else we could offer that would get us close to acquiring Bradford.

Bradford would be one of the best available QB options out there, 10 other teams will be interested.

The real question is what the hell would St. Louis do without Bradford, options are very limited

I think you are over-valuing Bradford. The guy has done nothing but get the Rams high draft picks year after year. To me he's in the same junk pile with the rest of the free agent QBs.