100% in Redzone with Orton (4-4)

HardyBoy

That shouldn't get lost in all of this. That was a very, very winnable game, and the ability to get touchdowns is one of the keys that kept the Bills in this game. Penalties and turnovers are what lost this game. A lot of those penalties were right, but there were several, that were just bad calls, and they all seemed to come in huge spots.

Turnovers, especially fumbles lost, and horrible penalty calls are largely random, and will even out over the course of the season. What isn't going to even out, is giving up 1.9 yards per carry, or being 100% in the red zone.

This is a very good team, that is going to keep getting better. With their December schedule though, they need to pull off a big streak starting this week...like 5 of 6 wins big.

lol

Then we would have to activate Jeff Tuel on Sundays to be the middle reliever. He comes in around the 50 yard line for one play and throws it into the stands.

Ha!

I was totally joking. No way it works, but funny to think about. I can see Marrone like Lou from Major League 'give'em the heater Kyle'!

even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then.

Does that make up for his numerous turnovers?

plus he gets a bottle of Jack for every td scored

Whats Ortons W/L record in Buffalo?

Whats the point in arguing about it. Hes the starting QB of the Bills. DEAL WITH IT.

But Hackett sucks.

His win loss ratio is the same as what we could have predicted his TD/INT to be, roughly 1:1.

How many games has Orton been outdueled by Ryan Fitzpatrick?

How many games has Orton been outdueled by Ryan Fitzpatrick?

QBs don't duel each other. The more honest comparison is how many times has Orton been outdueled by JJ Watt. And I say that thinking that Orton's veteran savvy may have overcome that assault far more effectively than Manuel did. But you get the point.

GO BILLS!!!

Whats the point in arguing about it. Hes the starting QB of the Bills. DEAL WITH IT.

if you haven't figured it out yet ...

I'm busting all y'll nads because of the blind faith to a journeyman has been.

Flutie was there before - FAIL

Van Pelt was there before - FAIL

Bledsoe was there before - FAIL

Holcomb was there before - FAIL

Fitzmagic was there before - FAIL

Thad Lewis was there before - FAIL

do you see a pattern?

do you see a pattern?

No....what is the pattern?

What exactly is your point here? Are you denying that Kyle Orton is operating at a higher level than EJ Manuel was? If that's the case, then you and I can't discuss football anymore. Do you want to make a run at the playoffs this season? You know, something that Flutie- FAIL accomplished twice in two years as the Bills' full time starter? Or do you want to waste an elite defense and an offense loaded with weapons as we wait for your boy to develop? ALA- Losman- SUCCESS and Edwards- SUCCESS? You are making a very compelling case for worst poster of the 2014 Bills season.

do you see a pattern?

Wish we were "failing" like we did when Flutie was here.

What exactly is your point here? Are you denying that Kyle Orton is operating at a higher level than EJ Manuel was? If that's the case, then you and I can't discuss football anymore. Do you want to make a run at the playoffs this season? You know, something that Flutie- FAIL accomplished twice in two years as the Bills' full time starter? Or do you want to waste an elite defense and an offense loaded with weapons as we wait for your boy to develop? ALA- Losman- SUCCESS and Edwards- SUCCESS? You are making a very compelling case for worst poster of the 2014 Bills season.

I was going to say, "Just because you have the right of free speech to offer your opinion, doesn't mean you should." Well done.

do you see a pattern?

As oppose to:

Johnson - Winner

Edwards - Winner

Tuel - Winner

EJ(so far) - Winner

I am not really sure what you are arguing other than to argue. You either have a personal grudge against Orton or are related to EJ because you would rather fail with EJ then, perhaps, succeed with Orton.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

The Offense put the team behind the 8 ball in the first half with all the turnovers (The defense was playing so well, had the offense showed up in the first half the team could have been up at half time). The defense fell apart late in the game in particular down 8 with 7 minutes left letting up the clinching insurance TD for the Pats*. The offense did play much better in the second half. Had it not been for that horrible Woods call they probably would have put together 3 scoring drives.

It was a total team loss. You can't have half your team show up one half and then not the other half. To beat an experienced team you are going to need to play a great game 60 minutes on all 3 facets of the ball.

Fan perception mostly and a lot of useless threads.

I hear ya, but EJ had lost confidence and was hesitant to say the least, whereas Orton isn't afraid to make a throw, torpedos be damned. He's definitely gonna toss some INTs from time to time though. That's the flipside. I just hope they aren't in the redzone.

GO BILLS!!!

I hear ya, but EJ had lost confidence and was hesitant to say the least, whereas Orton isn't afraid to make a throw, torpedos be damned. He's definitely gonna toss some INTs from time to time though. That's the flipside. I just hope they aren't in the redzone.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree. Problem being is it's always going to be the negative.

EJ is conservative, doesn't make the right read, locks on, etc.

Orton throws more ints, isn't mobile, is drunk, etc.

Neither one will be any good when the team can't run for 3 yards consistently or run on anything other than 1st, 2nd or 3rd and long.

Guess that mean's EJ is even more clueless than a blind squirrel.

And anyone that brings up Orton's W/L in Buffalo after 1 game should probably could probably learn a thing or two from said squirrel.

do you see a pattern?

Yes you skipped your favorite QB - Rob Johnson.

Or did you mean pattern of you posting more after a loss than a win?

I agree. Problem being is it's always going to be the negative.

EJ is conservative, doesn't make the right read, locks on, etc.

Orton throws more ints, isn't mobile, is drunk, etc.

Neither one will be any good when the team can't run for 3 yards consistently or run on anything other than 1st, 2nd or 3rd and long.

I don't feel that way about EJ at all. I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles this adversity, either with us or someone else. Hopefully, it's with us. I think this benching can serve him well as he was really pressing.

Orton is what he is, which is a QB with the veteran savvy you want and enough of the negatives that you don't.

But you are dead on; if we can't run the ball effectively WHEN WE WANT TO, then it's a moot point.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't feel that way about EJ at all. I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles this adversity, either with us or someone else. Hopefully, it's with us. I think this benching can serve him well as he was really pressing.

Orton is what he is, which is a QB with the veteran savvy you want and enough of the negatives that you don't.

But you are dead on; if we can't run the ball effectively WHEN WE WANT TO, then it's a moot point.

GO BILLS!!!

Well said, K-9. I agree wif errthing.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't either but that's the general consensus.

He has regressed from when he started last year and I really wonder if that's him not being able to handle the next level or a product of his coaching.

Let's have EJ run the offense up until the redzone and bring Orton in as the 'closer'?

Pittsburgh actually did this back in the 90's. I believe it was Tommy Maddox (or maybe O'Donnell) 'between the 20's' then Kordell Stewart once in the red zone. It was very strange and I don't recall if it really worked very well but they would change QBs once they got into the red zone.

Edited by dfluker

Let's have EJ run the offense up until the redzone and bring Orton in as the 'closer'?

I don't know if you're serious, but I'd actually be in favor of platooning the two QBs. It would give EJ some reps and give the opposing team more to prepare for. The running game would benefit from the read option threat when EJ is in there. I don't think Orton is good enough that you can't take him out of the game. Maybe 80% Orton and 20% Manuel.