Tannehill on the outs in Miami

i AGREE, but in Buffalo JP Losman held on for 5 years....maybe it was a contract thing. We should not give EJ 5 years......he will get this year.....what concerns me is that this team might win more with Orton at QB.........he is a proven backup....and EJ hasn't proven anything yet.

Losman had a lot less talent around him than EJ's been given. I think 3 years for EJ is fair. Less than 2 is insane.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Tannehill is not good. Period. Yes the Dolphins have not had a great line over the time he has been there, but he is wildly inaccurate (I see people on here supporting him whilst panning EJ for the same thing). He can't throw deep, he can't get out of the pocket and extend plays, he shows zero leadership and he is making the same mistakes in year 3 as in year 1. He is a backup in this league. I am not saying EJ will be any more than that either... but Tannehill is one of the most overhyped players I can recall in my time watching the league. The last two off-seasons I've read about him being "primed for a breakout" and a "making the leap" candidate. He is not. He is poor.

He threw for almost 4,000 yards last year while tossing 24 td passes & 17 ints. We will see at the end of the year if EJ even comes close to those stats. I am not a big RT fan(weird situation, started out as a receiver at A&M, did not have a ton of experience at QB, was forced into the QB situation because the guy who was starting, can't remember his name lept turning the ball over at an alarming rate). But for you guys basking in the glow of RT the Dolphins close to pulling the plug on him, we are probably going to be in the same situation this time next year.

He threw for almost 4,000 yards last year while tossing 24 td passes & 17 ints. We will see at the end of the year if EJ even comes close to those stats. I am not a big RT fan(weird situation, started out as a receiver at A&M, did not have a ton of experience at QB, was forced into the QB situation because the guy who was starting, can't remember his name lept turning the ball over at an alarming rate). But for you guys basking in the glow of RT the Dolphins close to pulling the plug on him, we are probably going to be in the same situation this time next year.

EJ was a better player as a rookie than RT. But we all probably would be very happy with RT's 2nd year stats (though I think yards is overrated and I'd like to see less INTs from EJ).

I used to think you need 3 years to evaluate players and coaches but you're probably right. It should be about 2 years.

I was not a RT fan in the draft. Though he was raw. But I thought he showed some signs of being a decent if not great starter. But this league eats young Qbs alive.

Don't forget he also predicted Andrew Luck to be good. He's the Bill Polian of this board.

EJ was much better in his first 2 seasons than Orton was. And that's the point. We know what Orton is and that's limited. We don't know what EJ is and it's stupid to give up on him for a barely servicable NFL starter. Miami should think the same way.

Didn't Orton take the Bears to the playoffs in his rookie year ?

My view on Ryan Tannehill has nothing to do with the Bills QB sitatution. It probably isn't much better than the Dolphins. I just get really bugged by the Tannehill love because I can't for the life of me see what it is based on.

My view on Ryan Tannehill has nothing to do with the Bills QB sitatution. It probably isn't much better than the Dolphins. I just get really bugged by the Tannehill love because I can't for the life of me see what it is based on.

After 35 career starts, he hasn't shown much improvement IMO.

EJ should be benched. Unlike in Miami QB IS Our greatest liability and the one thing holding this team back. Again Bills fans trying to compare apples to oranges.

Ri-i-i-i-ighhhht.

The Bills give up 256 yds passing

They give up 110 yds in penalties, including a 28 or 29 yd run called back on a dumba** offensive holding

They have no gameplanned solutions for SD's stunting linemen on O or SD's WR picks on D

And somehow EJ is the one thing holding this team back?

That's some sh*@ you got there

Edited by Hopeful

EJ should be benched. Unlike in Miami QB IS Our greatest liability and the one thing holding this team back. Again Bills fans trying to compare apples to oranges.

Hackett’s play calling and penalties have held this team back almost just as much as EJ’s non ability to take a game over. Manuel simply wasn’t ready as a still raw QB to throw a team on his back. But seeing how he’s only been in 13 games, the jury is still out on whether he can eventually become that kind of QB. You don’t get there unless you are given more than a few tries to run through that wall.

Manuel has been put in a lot of 3rd and long situations that even the best in the NFL have a hard time overcoming a steady diet of. Yes he sucked last game, but that doesn’t mean that he won’t ever master the art of pulling off a big comeback win when he and the team have played uninspired football for most of the game. But to get there you must go through growing pains like we saw against the Chargers. Watching that wasn’t fun for anyone.

That being said, there are no excuses over the longer haul of the 2014 season for Manuel if he continues to show no improvement in this area. This team does have the weapons this year and it’s in this franchises best interest that he’s given the chance to sink or swim at least until week 12. Because all it takes is a couples of games for him to actually do it and prove to himself and team mates that he can win in under any circumstances.

And the NFL is pretty much saying the same thing about the Bills and EJ.

Im sorry....did u say something?.....all I heard was WAH WAH WHAWHAWHA