Best Opening Line to a Song

Chef Jim

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Think I'll pack it in and buy a pick up, take it down to LA. Find a place to call my own and try to fix up, start a brand new day." Neil Young - Out on the Weekend. Best Fall album ever, Harvest.

By anyone? Or by Neil Young? I personally like "After the Gold Rush" better.

Poojer nailed it back on page three.....came in to say the same thing

Johnnys in the basement mixing up the medicine!!!!!

however, someone also posted, "Please allow me to introduce myself, im a man of wealth and taste" - that takes second for me

great thread fellas

Hey, Joe. Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

I believe that had an earlier appearance.

I'll raise it with this:

"If you can just ... get your ... mind together; then come on across to me ..."

Too bad it's only "opening line." Because the best part of that song, by far, is the next line, when Vanilla Ice tries to convince us that "listen" and "invention" actually rhyme.

True. Though a bigger stretch on his part was trying to convince everyone that the bass line in his song was different than Queen/Bowie. I hate to risk you losing 15 seconds of your life....but here goes.

True. Though a bigger stretch on his part was trying to convince everyone that the bass line in his song was different than Queen/Bowie. I hate to risk you losing 15 seconds of your life....but here goes.

Seriously? That's dumber than Tone Loc claiming he didn't sample "Jamie's Crying" for "Wild Thing." :lol:

Too bad it's only "opening line." Because the best part of that song, by far, is the next line, when Vanilla Ice tries to convince us that "listen" and "invention" actually rhyme.

I think we need Chef to change the title and go with: Opening verse. Way so much more better material there! :D

Hey, Joe. Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

Good one! Got to be one of the best ones!

Also from that era:

"There's blood in the streets, it's up to my ankles..."

If I may go hip hop for a moment:

If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a B word ain't one.

With so much drama in the LBC it's kinda hard being Snoop D O double G, but a, somehow, someway, I keep comin up with funky ass **** like every single day

Don't call it a comeback...