What the "experts" are saying this week re the Bills/Fins

CodeMonkey

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being snippy but did you actually see the fins pats game? Would love to know how much was on Brady vs OL and WRs.

Yes, back and forth when Bills had commercial break. And then from start to finish on tape.

They for sure miss LM big time. In fact both their lines looked bad in the second half.

If they don't straighten that out not even Teflon Tom and BB will be able to save them.

Thing is Tom, while well protected in the past, was able to perform under pressure. He may not be able to do that anymore.

I know that people have always been proven wrong when doubting TB but I think he isn't the same guy now.

Even when he had time and a good pocket he missed time and again and badly.

You can blame the WR (is JE a number #1? Say no) or the line or Josh McDaniel's if you like -because nothing ever sticks to Teflon Tom- but he's now only a good, not great QB IMO. He's got lots of good football left I'm sure but I don't think he will be able to powerlift this team by himself. I think the Pats are no better than even money to win the East, especially if any of the kid QBs start to come on.

To quote the rock legends Spinal Tap "is this a joke?"

Why is it that people can't seem to grasp this concept? Yes the Pats are a "questionable" team this year. They looked very beatable last season and would not have won the division if every other team in it didn't suck so bad. And yes the Bears are a very good offensive team and particularly hard to beat at home. That was the basis for my statement and I still stand by it. Edited by xsoldier54

The Bills D last year got lots of great stats against the pass but was gouged by the run. Enter Schwartz and Spikes. Teams that rely on the pass will struggle against the Bills. Teams with a strong passing attack will do well. Unfortunately for Miami, they match up very badly with the Bills D.

Unfortunately for the Bills, they also match up badly with the Miami D. I think the Bills O line is better (less bad?) than the Patriots O line, but they need to be a LOT better to hold up. NE's line turned into Kleenex against the Miami D. If Brady struggled, what will EJ do?

The biggest factor isn't players, it's coaching. Miami's Philbin is really impressive. He's been in his job longer than Marrone and his team, and he's making a series of innovations. The Fins D had the Pats completely befuddled last week. So this week, presumably the Bills will have worked out ways to attack what the Fins did last week. If the Fins pull another surprise against the Bills, will the Bills be able to adjust and find new ways to attack? To me that's the biggest question.

Marrone was 2-0 vs Philbin last year...So...

Hmmmm Dolphins beat a questionable Pats team at home and Bills go on the road and beat a very good Chicago team in a place they have never won. All things considered, I'll take the Bills at home, but I think it will be a very close game and could go either way. Hopefully the atmosphere at the Ralph helps the Bills get over the hump.

Really going out on a limb there, eh?

Hmmmm Dolphins beat a questionable Pats team at home and Bills go on the road and beat a very good Chicago team in a place they have never won. All things considered, I'll take the Bills at home, but I think it will be a very close game and could go either way. Hopefully the atmosphere at the Ralph helps the Bills get over the hump.

So you're saying either the Bills or Dolphins could win?

The last Bills game played in Chicago was many years ago - of course THAT is meaningless.

Last year Bills-Dolphins was largely the same two rosters and coaching staffs. Calling that meaningless is nonsense.

The days of looking at previous years coaching staffs and players (moreso the players) as being "largely the same" went bye bye when

the NFL instituted free agency and the salary cap. That's because teams prior to the salary cap era were "largely the same" from year to year.

Not anymore.

Teams can literally change their fortunes from one season to the next.

Only way you could not lean Bills is to argue that Thad >> EJ.

Moreno is not a factor? How about the Phins overhauling their Oline?

How about losing Kiko?

And not necessarily bad:

How about acquiring Spikes?

Pettine/Schwartz?

You truly believe none of those things will have an impact on this years teams?

Doesn't mean they WILL win, ...

This, I can agree with.