What the "experts" are saying this week re the Bills/Fins

CodeMonkey

A win over defending champs is the justification they need. However after yesterday I can see a few braves souls talking the bills, justifying because they're at home. But still I think majority take bolts, just not all 100% of them like on Nfl.com. at the end of the day I honestly don't take it personally as a fan, I'm just trying to understand their reasoning.

the majority WILL take the Bolts and that's fine by me.

Then IF the Bills win they will all try to jump on the band wagon and we can tell them SORRY the Wagon is all full!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBS post game one of them said "look who's on top of the AFC East", everyone laughed and said "not for long".

yeah, i was watching them do the pre-game. it's almost laughable how much they've written off the bills so far.

i bet houston gets ranked over buffalo spite of them beating washington with rg3 playing and an oakland team playing a rookie 4th rounder because they have no better option.

A win over defending champs is the justification they need. However after yesterday I can see a few braves souls talking the bills, justifying because they're at home. But still I think majority take bolts, just not all 100% of them like on Nfl.com. at the end of the day I honestly don't take it personally as a fan, I'm just trying to understand their reasoning.

I don't expect the 'experts' to pick the Bills to win until they get the Vikings at home in week 7. But does it really matter? On the CBS pre-game show Boomer and Barkley picked the Bills, I looked at USA Today nobody picked the Bills with some pointing to the game as a 'lock'.

I'm sure the Chargers will be favored going into next Sunday. They just beat the Suprt Bowl champs. But SB winners don't go 16-0 the next season and I watched a lot of San Diego/Seattle. I didn't get the impression the defending champs brought their 'A' game here and the Chargers made the plays that made the difference and the Seahawks did not.

As for the experts, I've concluded these guys don't watch much game tape because if they did watch the Bills/Bears and Dolphins/Pats from week 1 (the 30 minute shortcuts are good for this) they would have seen a Bills team that edged the Bears in a very competitive hard-fought contest and a Dolphins team that clearly lost the 1st half and clearly won the 2nd half where Brady was way off and the Pats defense couldn't tackle anyone. Maybe it was the heat, maybe the number of plays the Dolphins 'O' ran, maybe Miami got their game together? But from what I saw on tape from week 1, watching both games and knowing we'd have home-field-advantage, I couldn't see how the Bills could lose if they played with the same consistency as week 1.

The Chargers are a good team but they are far from flawless. And although they get no respect yet its becoming obvious the Bills are a good team too. Maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of things but my expectation is the Bills are for 'real' this season and perhaps with the exception of the Denver game on the road I'm not afraid of anybody on the schedule based on what I've seen the first 2 weeks.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

yeah, i was watching them do the pre-game. it's almost laughable how much they've written off the bills so far.

i bet houston gets ranked over buffalo spite of them beating washington with rg3 playing and an oakland team playing a rookie 4th rounder because they have no better option.

Second rounder.

All I can remember is 4-0 and 5-1...that season will haunt me...so until we get half-way through the season and shown we can win consistently, I'm not buying "all-in" just yet...I think this team is really good and have felt that since the Off-Season when I truly believed this team would go as far as their QB play would take them, and so far that's been accurate. Defense has been very good and Special Teams surprisingly has been outstanding with a decent to good Running game...if EJ can continue to be effective and efficient, he doesn't have to be "great" or HOF caliber, then the BILLS can continue to win, but until we have a winning record at the break, I'm just enjoying each week with a win, without getting too far out in front of myself...and much more importantly, neither is the team by the sounds of it..."win and get back to work", "F-the world that doesn't believe in us", type of mentality....and so far, it shows.