What the "experts" are saying this week re the Bills/Fins

CodeMonkey

I would agree that they don't know and don't care, that the Bills have won 3 of the last 4 matchups and Tannehill has never won in Buffalo.

And until this past Sunday, the last time the Bills won in Chicago?

What happened prior to this year is meaningless. This year, both teams have made changes by adding players, etc ......

With that said, I am expecting a win this week. I don't care if it's close or not. Just get the "W".

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Bills win. I really do. But our offensive line is suspect. Especially in the interior. Wood is solid. But the guards - oy! Couple that with the middle of the defense being open all day long against the Bears, I don't know. I hope Nigel upgrades everything in the LB corps.

But frankly I think Cam Wake is going to run havoc. Our only hope there is that they don't move him around too much. Glenn shut down Jared Allen. Which was amazing.

We need EJ to have a huge game. So that the 'Phins running game is irrelevant. I also think if ever the run option/draw was key, this is the game to use it till they stop it. Bound to slow down the rush.

C

Last year the bills beat the phins by running the ball and stopping the run as I recall forcing Tannehill to throw a bunch and no look so good doing it.

I believe what helped against the bears will hurt v the phins. The bills d coordinator. Pettine had the phins number while Schwarz has the bears.

However the team could rally off of last week and keep it rolling.

A win v phins would give them sole first in AFC east. How nice would that be?

Hackett has to account for Wake.. don't let him wreck the game with pressure.. use his aggressiveness to get upfield against him with screens and read options - something I don't believe the Pats have the versatilty in their personnel to do.. we can show multiple formations with assorted backs that may cause recognition problems for their D overall.

Schwartz must keep Miami's guards off our LBs.. Moreno is an inside the tackles RB since his knee problems, so maybe we cheat on our wide 9 DE's.. reinforce the edge with our corners (wonder how well the Fish WRs blocked last week - I'm guessing pretty good), and let our front 7 fill and SS fill and contain. Take away the run and make Tannehill beat us.

Not sure how we're sure NE is questionable and Chicago is very good after one week.

Based on last year's performances. New England looked very beatable last season and the Bears were very good offensively, especially at home. That was the basis for my statement. Hope this helps to clarify.

What happened prior to this year is meaningless. This year, both teams have made changes by adding players, etc ......

With that said, I am expecting a win this week. I don't care if it's close or not. Just get the "W".

The last Bills game played in Chicago was many years ago - of course THAT is meaningless.

Last year Bills-Dolphins was largely the same two rosters and coaching staffs. Calling that meaningless is nonsense.

Only way you could not lean Bills is to argue that Thad >> EJ.

Doesn't mean they WILL win, but, again, I assure you the "experts" don't even realize who won last year.

Edited by BobChalmers

Of course, Miami's win over the Pats was big for them, but I think too much is being made of it. First, it is very difficult for northern teams to win in the S. Florida heat in September. Second, under Belichick, the Pats are only 7-8 at SunLife Stadium, so it's not like a Pats' loss there was unprecedented or even shocking. On the other hand, the Bills have been terrible against good teams on the road for the past decade. That, combined with their awful preseason showing and the apparent front office/HC turmoil, made the Bills' win much bigger, IMO. If the Bills had lost, everyone would still be talking about the bickering between the Dougs, same old Bills, etc., and looking forward to the Pegulas cleaning house. The win in Chicago completely changed the conversation, and the overall perception of this Bills' team. The Dolphins will be exposed this weekend: Bills win big, 31-13.

What happened prior to this year is meaningless.

I understand your point, but Tannehill's record over the past two years against Buffalo is much more relevant than Buffalo's contests in Chicago, the last two of which happened in 2006 and 1997.

Last year the bills beat the phins by running the ball and stopping the run as I recall forcing Tannehill to throw a bunch and no look so good doing it.

I believe what helped against the bears will hurt v the phins. The bills d coordinator. Pettine had the phins number while Schwarz has the bears.

However the team could rally off of last week and keep it rolling.

A win v phins would give them sole first in AFC east. How nice would that be?

To your last statement, for that to happen not only would the BILLS need to win against Miami, but the Jets to lose against Green Bay...not saying one way or the other how either of those games will play out, but for the BILLS to own "sole first", both of those things would need to occur.

To your last statement, for that to happen not only would the BILLS need to win against Miami, but the Jets to lose against Green Bay...not saying one way or the other how either of those games will play out, but for the BILLS to own "sole first", both of those things would need to occur.

Div win would give them the edge over the jets conference win, even if they beat the pack.

That's why fins are tops right now.

I guess subtleties of sole are arguable. But by tiebreak hierarchy a win puts them atop the AFC east.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Chicago isn't as good as everyone thought they would be. Their new HC took a 10-6 team, and made them worse into an 8-8 team. Man they missed Lovie Smith.

Last year the Bears defense stunk, as they were ranked 30th in both yards, points. Plus, QB Jay Cutler only went 5-6 under new HC Tresteman. It was Josh McCown who went 3-2. My take is he runs an overly complicated offense and the Bears O line still isn't all that great.

So, the Bills offense is not as good as they looked going up against one of the worst defenses in the league. Then the defense didn't really face the powerhouse everything thinks the Bears offense should be.

That said, it looks like the AFC East could be wide open this year as the Patriots / Brady are also not as good as everyone thinks. The Dolphins ran the ball well on them, and Tom Brady was actually shut out in the 2nd half. I suppose you could say that Brady really missed his all pro OG who was traded to Tampa.

My take is the Patriots are not as bad as they looked against the Phins simply because Bill Belichick needs game tape on teams, and won't lose to Miami the 2nd time around. Plus, don't expect Brady to have two bad games in a row, and look for him to bounce back against Minnesota this week. Still, they just might be very beatable this year.

Miami is certainly improved after last years O line fiasco, and if that phins D can give Brady fits...then just think what they can do against EJ. That Miami pass rush can be nullified by a good Buffalo run game tho.

Bottom line is if the Bills usually play better at home then on the road, and they did manage to sweep the Dolphins last year. The Bills D should be able to shut down the phins run game, and stifle Talleywhacker again this year. Not many are picking the Bills again this week, and that usually works out well for the bills. That stadium should be rockin over new owner Pegs :w00t: squish the smelly fish!

Div win would give them the edge over the jets conference win, even if they beat the pack.

That's why fins are tops right now.

I guess subtleties of sole are arguable. But by tiebreak hierarchy a win puts them atop the AFC east.

Thanks for clarification....and to that end, you would be right!

In order to win this game, we need our offense to start off strong. And by that, I mean points on early possessions. We need a lead, and a hostile crowd. This will put Miami in pass-to-catch-up mode which would make Miami a little more one-dimensional. Then the crowd noise and our front four can make it difficult for Tannehill.

The offense really needs to score quick, and often.

That to me is the key to a Bills win.

This will be an extremely tough game for the Bills, the Dolphins run game looked awesome last weekend and they held Tom F'N Brady in check. I totally expect most people to pick the Fins here.

I guess people missed the tape of the last two games the Bills played the Dolphins. If I remember the last game was an ass whooping shutout. Seems like we have the same exact defensive line that dominated them. HHHMMM?

Another interesting point, EJ has never played v phins.

True, but we beat them with Thad Lewis twice last year. I mean were talking Thad Lewis who is unemployed.