Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

The trustees get a % of the trust, right, just for being a trustee, like an executor of a will gets, right?

But, Bucky was blasting the Pegulas before Pat L came and went, so what was that all about?

My opinion is that he always has had an ax to grind with Darcy and decided to be overly critical of the Pegulas when they did not fire Darcy right away.

As an aside, if you ever want to get an idea of the depth of animosity that the Buffalo News had toward Darcy, watch the post season press conference after the 2013 season. The TBN guys really embarrassed themselves. I am sure there is a video of that somewhere.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering where the weird and vaguely sexist insinuations regarding Kim Pegula came from in Bucky's article on the sale today. I found it pretty offputting.

Bucky has an axe to grind, pure and simple. That's what happens when an amateur like Bucky gets frozen out by those he needs info from. He just resorts to his bully pulpit. He's a disgrace to the profession.

GO BILLS!!!

My opinion is that he always has had an ax to grind with Darcy and decided to be overly critical of the Pegulas when they did not fire Darcy right away.

As an aside, if you ever want to get an idea of the depth of animosity that the Buffalo News had toward Darcy, watch the post season press conference after the 2013 season. The TBN guys really embarrassed themselves. I am sure there is a video of that somewhere.

I remember that one.

Bucky made weird and not so vaguely sexist insinuations regarding Kim in an article months ago, too. He's an ass of the highest order.

Bucky Gleason is an embarrassment to his profession. I refuse to read anything that he writes, and have for quite a while. Why TBN retains him (and throw Sullivan in this turd pile too) is beyond me.

Bucky Gleason is an embarrassment to his profession. I refuse to read anything that he writes, and have for quite a while. Why TBN retains him (and throw Sullivan in this turd pile too) is beyond me.

Why do you think the Buffalo News brought Carucci back? They were getting embarrassed by out-of-town reporters getting stories the local paper should be getting. The BN reporters burned all their bridges.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Why do you think the Buffalo News brought Carucci back? They were getting embarrassed by out-of-town reporters getting stories the local paper should be getting. The BN reporters burned all their bridges.

Because Mark Gaughan wanted to step down from the Bills beat after 23 years. If the brought Carucci back for what you just suggested, they would have demoted Skurski or someone else covering the Bills.

Everyone needs a scapegoat. Now that Ralph's gone, who will it be?

RIght now it's Brandon.

Because Mark Gaughan wanted to step down from the Bills beat after 23 years. If the brought Carucci back for what you just suggested, they would have demoted Skurski or someone else covering the Bills.

That seems odd considering how prestigious being part of a major league press corps can be. It's like playing in the NHL and asking to be sent to the AHL. I'm a big UB fan and I think they are trying to become a big time program but they are mid-major right now. I don't see the appeal for a guy like Gaughan. Maybe it's less stress?

RIght now it's Brandon.

That seems odd considering how prestigious being part of a major league press corps can be. It's like playing in the NHL and asking to be sent to the AHL. I'm a big UB fan and I think they are trying to become a big time program but they are mid-major right now. I don't see the appeal for a guy like Gaughan. Maybe it's less stress?

I found it surprising, too. But I guess anything can grow tired after 23 years of it.

Lots of sabres fans will be the first to tell you of pegula's influence. He has ran that team into the ground. When he arrived, they were a playoff contender

If by contender you mean a perennial 8th or 9th place team, then yeah. Cup contender? Not even close. In hockey you have to hit bottom to rebuild and that is what they are doing now. And many experts think they are on the right track with Tim Murray. Nolan? We'll see.

Lots of sabres fans will be the first to tell you of pegula's influence. He has ran that team into the ground. When he arrived, they were a playoff contender

I am a Sabres ST holder and I completely disagree. He gave Ruff/Regier lots of talent to work with and let them go after it.

When it didn't work out, he let them both go and started fresh.

Now, save for Chicago and perhaps St. Louis, they have the most talent in their system in the whole league, and 3 1st round picks (at least one of which will probably be a top 5) in the most talented draft class in years.

Ran them into the ground you say? I think not.

I am a Sabres ST holder and I completely disagree. He gave Ruff/Regier lots of talent to work with and let them go after it.

When it didn't work out, he let them both go and started fresh.

Now, save for Chicago and perhaps St. Louis, they have the most talent in their system in the whole league, and 3 1st round picks (at least one of which will probably be a top 5) in the most talented draft class in years.

Ran them into the ground you say? I think not.

One could make the argument that he did (I wouldn't...but one could.) But one would have to counter with the argument that, when it was clear the direction of the team wasn't going to work, he acted decisively and blew it up in order to rebuild it.

That sort of management - slow to decide, but quick to act when you do - is usually a good practice.

Just picture the day, the rally, where Terry and Kim hoist the sparkling, gleaming Lombardi trophy high above their heads, in Niagara Square downtown, with all of Buffalo there cheering loud and proud. Thats what i see.

The Sabres were wildly successful under Regier and Ruff, on Golisano's shoestring budget. They even made the playoffs (albeit barely) the season Pegs took over. So the obvious thing to do was to retain them and give Regier the money he'd been previously lacking. He and Ruff failed. So they were dismissed. How did Pegs run the team into the ground? Did he tell Regier what players to get? Tell Ruff how to coach?

Why were the Sabres bad? They drafted like crap in the past. Why will they be good, they have drafted great recently. Ryan Miller was drafted in 1999. Vanek in 2003. Pomminville in 2001. The best draft pick since Vanek was Drew Stafford. Thats how you build a last place team. It doesnt happen overnight. The Sabres were heading for collapse no matter what. This is called a rebuild, not a retool. They could have kept Pominville, Miller, and Ehrhoff and tried to build around them, but instead they traded them. I like that decision.

Right now the Sabres have the # 1 rated prospects. They have 3 1st round picks in the greatest draft in a decade.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I thought the Pegulas ran over his dog or something.

Ah, now that makes sense.

That is what I was wondering. A Bills lineup with Vic and Mark G would have been great.

Just picture the day, the rally, where Terry and Kim hoist the sparkling, gleaming Lombardi trophy high above their heads, in Niagara Square downtown, with all of Buffalo there cheering loud and proud. Thats what i see.

Awesome thought!!

Regier was fired over 2.5 years after pegula took over. If you think that is acting fast or decisive then you are drinking the Koolaid. He stuck with him waaaaay to long it was a joke. Pegula took over in 2011, and the sabres had only missed the playoffs twice after 2003. Since 2011, we have made the playoffs 0 times (and regier was fired in the middle of last season, yea real decisive)

Edited by Crayola64

Regier was fired over 2.5 years after pegula took over. If you think that is acting fast or decisive then you are drinking the Koolaid. He stuck with him waaaaay to long it was a joke. Pegula took over in 2011, and the sabres had only missed the playoffs twice after 2003. Since 2011, we have made the playoffs 0 times (and regier was fired in the middle of last season, yea real decisive)

The Sabres made the playoffs (barely) the season Pegs took over. He gave Regier a blank check and Ruff another year plus as a tryout because players were getting tired of him. It didn't work so he fired Ruff, and let Regier continue with a new coach. That didn't work so they were both tossed. The time course was appropriate.

Thanks for your input Bucky.

Let me try to explain this again: I'm a hell of a lot smarter than you. So if you disagree with me, you're the one that doesn't know what you're talking about.

Let me try to explain this again: I'm a hell of a lot smarter than you. So if you disagree with me, you're the one that doesn't know what you're talking about.

Doubt it, but let's stop following me around the forum to keep saying you are smarter than me. If you aren't contributing to the topic, please step away and touch on your insecurities elsewhere buddy

Woah! Even his signature says he is smart. he must be really smart

Edited by Crayola64

Doubt it, but let's stop following me around the forum to keep saying you are smarter than me. If you aren't contributing to the topic, please step away and touch on your insecurities elsewhere buddy

Stop following me making responses to my posts that are blitheringly stupid and senseless.

Stop following me making responses to my posts that are blitheringly stupid and senseless.

Can you just stop derailing threads? If you want to insult me, PM me

Also "blitheringly stupid and senseless" is redundant

Edited by Crayola64

When TPegs took over, he stated that he spoke to many NHL team execs who all told him Darcy was a great GM. Right then he I thought, crap, they are playing with you TPegs. Allegedly, Kim wanted Darcy out as soon as they took over, so it should be interesting to she what happens if she ends up running the Bills.

Edited by DGW54321

They had no talent coming up in the system. The Sabres were a good team from 2005-2010 because of how the drafted and traded prior to the lockout. They were terrible at drafting, trading, and signing players between that time.

The mistakes were made before Pegula. Pegula signed 2 of the top 5 free agents when he got here, it failed because guys like Vanek and Pominville werent good enough to lead.

Only poster on here that quotes himself in his sig. And he has many followers. [lap dogs]