Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall reading a print article in the summer of 1998 that speculated about the Bills moving to Los Angeles. I was 8 years old at the time, already a huge Bills fan. I can remember feeling overwhelming disbelief at the thought it could actually happen. Since then, I've never forgotten reading that article. And it has always been a concern in the back of my mind. I'm now 24 years old, in my second year of law school (no chance my Evidence reading is getting finished today- hope I'm not cold-called), and this is one of the best days of my life. I wish I still possessed that article, so I could ceremonially burn it. I don't have tickets for Sunday - I should've mentioned I am a poor law student - but I will be there in spirit. This is the first home opener I'll miss in quite some time. What are the freakin' odds?!

Anyway, thank you, Ralph. Thank you, Mary Wilson. And thank you to the Pegulas!

If they're football fans, they'll understand. KC is a relatively small market as well.

Honestly, no one understands. Being a Bills fan is something you have to live through. They'll be mildy interested in the news, probably to be polite, but they just won't get it.

Edited by NickelCity

Now blow everyone's doors off and Make Kim the majority owner. i would love to see the beat down she puts on Jerrah at the owner's meeting when tries to cop a feel! Plus I think she is pretty smart and could expand the brand nationally as a female owner. But I really want to see the beat down. :devil:

$1.1B may be the official purchase price but there will be a lot more to this. You can bet that TP has agreed to shell out a substantial sum towards a new stadium. This means more than the Bills staying in Buffalo - it means that the Bills will have a state-of-the-art home and an owner committed to winning. It's great for the region, the team, my life, my kids' lives, everything. And you know what? We deserve it, fellow fans.

$1.1B may be the official purchase price but there will be a lot more to this. You can bet that TP has agreed to shell out a substantial sum towards a new stadium. This means more than the Bills staying in Buffalo - it means that the Bills will have a state-of-the-art home and an owner committed to winning. It's great for the region, the team, my life, my kids' lives, everything. And you know what? We deserve it, fellow fans.

From what I understand that is indeed the case.

I for one and sooooooooo glad this came just after a big emotional win for the team, too, for several reasons, not the least of which is fans that should be deliriously happy feeling, thinking and posting "Awesome but we still suck and EJ sucks." There is just such a wealth of optimism flitting through the air and the interwebs.

Even if we lose to the dolphins and the pessimists (somewhat rightfully) come out again like 80,000 people in the 1973 preseason home opener said "Great stadium but the team still sucks" after Herb Mul-Key took the inaugural opening kickoff back for a TD for the Redskins... Enjoy these few days. Be happy. Be hopeful.

Even if we lose to the dolphins and the pessimists (somewhat rightfully) come out again like 80,000 people in the 1973 preseason home opener said "Great stadium but the team still sucks" after Herb Mul-Key took the inaugural opening kickoff back for a TD for the Redskins... Enjoy these few days. Be happy. Be hopeful.

We need a win this weekend.

Many thanks to bandit and Kirby helping us through this process

Kirby expressed it in the Sale thread but IMO it requires repeating here:

I do appreciate the sentiments (and I think I speak for Kirby, Kelly, and a few others when I say they do as well). This was always about the team, the area, and the fans. It's a privilege being able to share some insights that could keep heads above water in a difficult time, but the most important part of this whole process is three-fold:

1) The team will be in Buffalo

2) The team will have dedicated, committed ownership for the next several decades

3) Ralph Wilson can now receive the accolades he deserves for ensuring that our Bills will never leave