Turmoil brewing between Marrone and Whaley?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm expecting Marrone to drop that line Parcells said a decade or so ago about cooking the dinner and letting him shop for the groceries or maybe Tom Olivadotti's line about making chicken salad out of chicken ****, any second now.

What is clearly not speculation is that there are issues which Whaley and Marrone had a loud discussion about in public. I fully expect organizations to have disagreements between personnel but in private, behind closed doors.

Something smells and its not a bouquet of roses.

There have been fights in every other camp. Yet the Bills are the only players that were treated "like kids" that does not go over well in the pros. Maybe in college that works, but not here.

Multiple players, respected vets included were reportedly unhappy with the camp practice schedule (According to Joe B). Not just FJax. Most notably having to practice after games.

What if Hughes hasn't knuckled under to Marrone and Marrone wants to cut him and Whaley says no? Marrone's comments after the incident were not conciliatory and I have seen nothing that says Hughes has apologized.

EJ was Marrone's pick. Sure Nix and Whaley had to sign off on it, but the new coach who is going to install his philosophy is going to have considerable say.

The fact that there was no other back up plan at QB means that Marrone did not want any competition.

Marrone is a stronger personality than Whaley and had the biggest say this off season.

Edited by bills_believer

May i call you Brother ?

So i have invesetd my evening into reading his whole thing.

Woof.

Damned fine work here. The Original subject matter is seriously polarizing . Fanatastic! for dialogue. And that is what i have experienced here for the last 40 minutes. I am a slow reader, but thorough.

I love you guys .

Good night all/ I am emotionally pooped

You may.

Buddy by his own admission stated just after the Draft that he did not want to leave the team bereft of QB talent and he made it a point to make sure a QB was Drafted before he stepped down and became an "advisor"...I'm certainly not suggesting that Buddy had to push the pick on DW, I'm merely suggesting there may be some other aspects of the evaluation and choice process that we're not all privy to and that Buddy had a greater influence than is making it out to the general public....just a thought about "how much" Buddy had a say and what DW might be dealing with as a result....just curious, no reason for anyone to get their panties all twisted, just throwing an idea out there

People say that but let me try to spin it a different way. I dont remember Nix saying before the draft that that was definitely going to be his last year. I know he did mention it was his goal but I dont recall a time limit on when this was to happen.

Remember when Ralph passed the torch to Russ and the pledge made at that time? Here's the article.

http://buffalorising.com/2013/01/bills-changes-chan-gailey-out-russ-brandon-promoted-to-ceo/

These 2 quotes stick out the most to me.

"I can promise you we will be a forward thinking, aggressive, attacking organization heading into the future.”

And this one,

"world-class people to bring into this organization. But, most importantly, I will empower people to do their jobs.”

I believe that Whaley, supported by Brandon, are not too impressed with the on field product, especially with Hackett's offense. Marrone was empowered and he was the one who chose Hackett, hence making him accountable. Keep in mind that this is a young, aggressive administration, fueled even more by having their jobs on the line, and the end product doesn't at this time, inspire the most confidence and is coupled with insubordination. It doesn't appear that Marrone & Crew have this totally under control and I can understand why Whaley, and even Brandon, would have some concerns if this is the case.

Edited by Tipster19

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone was clearly upset about something. Had some choice language reporters could hear from sideline. Whaley threw up arms in response.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone, Whaley, and Brandon having an animated conversation as Palmer, Manuel, Tuel warm up.

I'm wondering why these two are very upset at each other?

Whaley - if YOU don't get EJ playing better we are out of a job.

Marrone - F*** you, if had gotten me a real QB we wouldn't have this problem!

Whaley - F****U Muther F*****! (throws arms up)

Brandon - I hope Pegula doesn't hear about this. :cry:

It's been reported EJ was Buddy's pick, his sort of swan song in that he wanted to get the BILLS a QB before he stepped down...I'm wondering now if Whaley truly feels saddled with this guy and essentially went all in on EJ hoping to manufacture confidence in the kid so he would perform better and now, feeling like the house of cards is falling down, he's panicking a bit and knows that EJ will make or break this season for the entire team...just a thought

Winner!

I give BigBuff423 props for subscribing to the notion that if you keep repeating something often enough, you're likely to get people to start believing it's the truth. Good luck with that.

Worked for Hitler.

People actually are fooled by the nix stunt to buy the front office deniability? This organization has been pulling this stunt forever.

There is no way brandon, whaley, marrone etc get their shot but sit around and allow the old man to take a shot on a 1st round reach as a starting qb. And then proceed to put absolutely no backup presence or veteran leadership or coaching behind him.

If ej turns out bad I'm not buying it's nixes fault. Would nix even be brought up of ej has been good?

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone was clearly upset about something. Had some choice language reporters could hear from sideline. Whaley threw up arms in response.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone, Whaley, and Brandon having an animated conversation as Palmer, Manuel, Tuel warm up.

I'm wondering why these two are very upset at each other?

If Bills win less than 8 this year it won't matter as they all will be tossed out. as they say, "Dead men walking" and arguing with each other to boot. This franchise amazes me at its mediocrity. Kudos to Pegs for saving it for the fans... i think....

Edited by 8and8Forever

I am surprised people that post here don't take the time to read occasional headlines.

Marrone, Whaley, Nix and even brandon to a degree had a hand on picking the kid. Don't take my word for it, listen to Doug....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=whaley%20on%20scouting%20ej&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CA4QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfl.com%2Fnews%2Fstory%2F0ap1000000204027%2Farticle%2Fnew-bills-gm-doug-whaley-integral-in-ej-manuel-pick&ei=Gsb9U6eqLcL58AHImIHYDQ&usg=AFQjCNEiuekTvozvXojZxWkyY44lsdQ8HQ

it takes a lot of mental gymnastics to assume that everything is fine with this team.

They are under intense pressure to deliver. Throw in a bunch of weightlifting alphas and a football team... A little Bronx from marrone......

Jimmy Johnson allegedly used to get into it all the time with management....

I know bills fans aren't used to it, but fire and passion is a good thing

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood