Turmoil brewing between Marrone and Whaley?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering all three know this may be their last season* unless they produce a successful team, it wouldn't be surprising to see frustrations come to the surface.

(* please note, I'm not saying it will be their last season, or even that it should be... but with a new owner coming in, and our 14 year drought, they gotta be nervous)

Yep. Not a one of them has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they deserve to stay under the new ownership. They all have a lot riding on this season, and the way things are looking right now, the pressure has to be intense.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone was clearly upset about something. Had some choice language reporters could hear from sideline. Whaley threw up arms in response.

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1h

Marrone, Whaley, and Brandon having an animated conversation as Palmer, Manuel, Tuel warm up.

I'm wondering why these two are very upset at each other?

Because Whaley is seeing Marrone for what he is , a second year HC with 2 years of NFL experience as a HC !!

Marrone although i like some of the things he does should have been with the coaches available the second if not third choice just because of his lack of experience at the HC ing position .

Sure the guy turned around a college program that was a loser to a .500 club but the NFL is a different monster . I think Brandon had a lot more input on that decision than meets the eye .

Just saying when you have 3 experienced NFL coaches ,1 with 2 championships as a HC in the CFL but about 15 years as a QB & OC coach in the NFL , 1 with a championship as a OC , & 1 with multiple play off appearances that flat out tells the media that "he would love to coach the Bills" & you take a college coach :huh: that in his time in the NFL couldn't stick with a team & then was only a NFL Line coach for what 2 or 3 years . Sure ain't no Mike Munchack or nothin i'm thinking !!

Maybe Whaley is telling him what he really thinks about whats going on & how he needs to handle things .

I think Whaley is the real deal & given the true power that it takes to be a good GM like Pollian was i hope Brandon will just let him do what he knows how to do & don't try to put perimeters on what he is able to do or he will be gone too .

Because Whaley is seeing Marrone for what he is , a second year HC with 2 years of NFL experience as a HC !!

Marrone although i like some of the things he does should have been with the coaches available the second if not third choice just because of his lack of experience at the HC ing position .

Sure the guy turned around a college program that was a loser to a .500 club but the NFL is a different monster . I think Brandon had a lot more input on that decision than meets the eye .

Just saying when you have 3 experienced NFL coaches ,1 with 2 championships as a HC in the CFL but about 15 years as a QB & OC coach in the NFL , 1 with a championship as a OC , & 1 with multiple play off appearances that flat out tells the media that "he would love to coach the Bills" & you take a college coach :huh: that in his time in the NFL couldn't stick with a team & then was only a NFL Line coach for what 2 or 3 years . Sure ain't no Mike Munchack or nothin i'm thinking !!

Maybe Whaley is telling him what he really thinks about whats going on & how he needs to handle things .

I think Whaley is the real deal & given the true power that it takes to be a good GM like Pollian was i hope Brandon will just let him do what he knows how to do & don't try to put perimeters on what he is able to do or he will be gone too .

Remind me of how many years of success Bill Belicheck or Chip Kelly had as players.

I think it went like this

DM: Hey Doug ...Russ DW: Doug DM: Just met with Thad DW. Yeah you might have to have chat with Jeff

DM What? DW i got a deal in the works for BradyDM Sweet Lady Gaga, the motherload! DW Yeah got check the wire out of Miami. DM Miami? DW yeah The phins are gonna let Brady go

DM fer Phecks sake Doug first the wrong Palmer and now the wrong Brady! Your killing me Whitey, next thing your gonna tell me were getting that gay guy! DW Well....

I think it went like this

DM: Hey Doug ...Russ DW: Doug DM: Just met with Thad DW. Yeah you might have to have chat with Jeff

DM What? DW i got a deal in the works for BradyDM Sweet Lady Gaga, the motherload! DW Yeah got check the wire out of Miami. DM Miami? DW yeah The phins are gonna let Brady go

DM fer Phecks sake Doug first the wrong Palmer and now the wrong Brady! Your killing me Whitey, next thing your gonna tell me were getting that gay guy! DW Well....

9/10 for effort

8/10 execution. Well written but poor format

Its a sinking ship without an owner...the Bickering Bills return..scrums and yelling..should be a fun season

Can we clarify something here? The Bickering Bills were all pros and several of which went on to be HOF'ers. Lets never use that term with this crap team or anything like it. When we have a HOF QB, RB, DE and some of the top guys in the NFL at their positions bitching at each other...THEN we can use that reference again.

11 pages and still no actual inflammatory quotes?

Glad TBD was on the case to figure out it's the old GM, current OC, HQ, QB, GM, CEO and whatever else has been speculated on in this thread. It's like TMZ without less knowledgeable reporters!

FYI, I had heated words with my boss today. We worked it out and moved on. I'm going to throw my uninformed speculation towards a similar situation with the Dougs...

My Asus tablet is wonky...but I felt some levity was in order.

May i call you Brother ?

So i have invesetd my evening into reading his whole thing.

Woof.

Damned fine work here. The Original subject matter is seriously polarizing . Fanatastic! for dialogue. And that is what i have experienced here for the last 40 minutes. I am a slow reader, but thorough.

I love you guys .

Good night all/ I am emotionally pooped