Turmoil brewing between Marrone and Whaley?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I'm break now and have a personal office when I'm at work. Remember clear your history. :)

We have the dreaded open-floor plan which allows anyone to walk up to my computer and get my full thoughts on EJ..

Same here! and with gossipy old ladies to boot!

Lets just say that I never have my browser on full screen when I am on here lol

CBF

Pfft. Suckers.

I have the best plan. My personal office is my home office. It's called working from home.

Bandit:

I figure at some point I'll figure out what he is actually responsible and ultimately accountable for. The more I read some of these posts, the more I think he wasn't even with the organization when EJ was drafted. LOL ! Meanwhile, we have a complete QB crisis that is being blamed on Buddy Nix.

Not sure how you can say that when you seemingly blame him for (literally) everything wrong with the team.

I figure at some point I'll figure out what he is actually responsible and ultimately accountable for. The more I read some of these posts, the more I think he wasn't even with the organization when EJ was drafted. LOL ! Meanwhile, we have a complete QB crisis that is being blamed on Buddy Nix.

Bandit:

So blame first and figure it out second? What makes you think you'll ever know how involved Russ was in every particular decision the Bills have made for the last 15 years?

Bandit:

It's not a QB crisis, it's two second year QBs.

Edited by Luka

So blame first and figure it out second? What makes you think you'll ever know how involved Russ was in every particular decision the Bills have made for the last 15 years?

I'm convinced (as you can tell in my posts), that if you want a fundamental culture change in this organization you need to start at the top. The carousel of GM's and HC's and OC's and DC's hasn't changed a damn thing.

Culture is the HARDEST thing to change in an organization, I don't see things being a whole lot better now as we sit 11 days from the opener than they were at the end of 2012 when RB was elevated.

I’m interested in seeing how long the starting offense plays tomorrow night. Usually, the starters either don’t play in the final preseason game or only a series or two. Given how abysmal they looked against the Bucs starters, will Marrone keep them in there for a quarter or more?

Haha at this being 15 pages. Fact: no one has ever argued with someone at work. The funniest thing is a lot of posters are posting at work. :)

This morning I yelled at my coworker (again) for clipping his nails at his desk yesterday. We haven't made eye contact all day.

Haha at this being 15 pages. Fact: no one has ever argued with someone at work. The funniest thing is a lot of posters are posting at work. :)

I come here to laugh and complain so I don't piss someone off at work. The "dumb" arguments here are in fact very intelligent when you hear some of the stupid **** I have to deal with on a daily basis.

This was the crux of my concern before and after last year's draft. The seeds of the QB problem were sown long before last draft. Nix made a major blunder by not prioritizing the QB position and/or incorrectly evaluating Fitz as the long term answer. Much as the 49ers did, he should have taken a QB early in his tenure despite the brief flashes that Fitz showed.

Painting himself into a corner caused what you note above. Picking for position than BPA almost always gets a team in trouble over the long run.

Be that as it may, the problem continues to be compounded by a bone-headed confidence in one QB. I am NOT saying that EJ sucks - I am talking overall strategy regarding the QB position.

This isn't just directed at you, but regarding the finding a veteran starter/back up. I am ok with things to a certain extent. Historically it seems that once a rookie takes the reigns as a starter, they are rarely success if demoted back to back up, and EJ was the starter for a significant amount of time. Had Kolb not gotten hurt we may be having a different conversation. The last thing we want in the internet age is a QB controversy with a young kid. While coaches and FO offices don't necessarily take fan opinion as the be all end all, out voices are louder than ever, and FO do hear displeasure and take that into some consideration.

That said I am not happy with the back up situation

For the life of me, I don't know precisely what the FO, including Nix, has done that is so egregiously wrong that a very vocal segment of the "fan" base thinks they should be ushered off the grounds immediately under the aegis of Blackrock security forces. From the moment Brandon took the reins, there has been a clear plan, a top to bottom rebuilding plan, under way. It began with sweet talking Buddy out of his planned retirement and having him renovate the scouting department (and can anyway say with a straight face that that department hasn't improved dramatically?), then getting rid of Jauron, Modrak, et al, from the bad old days. Buddy moved to the GM, where he "trained up" Whaley who, lest we forget, was also brought in through Brandon.

We know all about how difficult it was to get a top flight HC after Jauron; we also know that 3 years later, there was a long list of people showing interest in the job, which suggests that those who pay attention to a team's potential for success were acknowledging that the Bills were finally "in the mix" of desirable places to be. And now that the team is loaded with excellent talent, some people think it's time to once again clean house?

Seems to me that the Bills FO team has made far more right moves than wrong ones over the last four or five years. The only two big missteps seems to be the deal they gave to Fitz and maybe the Alan Branch one (Maybin is on Modrak and Jauron in my opinion). Some would say that EJ is a really bad mistake, and maybe it will turn out that way. But as far as I'm concerned, it is way too early to make that judgment. Actually, I think he's going to do just fine given another season. In fact, I think he just might do far more than "just fine." And I believe Hackett is going to change a lot of negative minds by the end of the season as well.

In short, can we wait until maybe four games into the regular season before we start slashing our wrists? I'm with Spikes who knows far more about pro football than probably 99% of the people who post here. The Bills "are going to shock the world." I'll stick with his assessment over those of the "negative nellies" who see nothing but doom and gloom.

I come here to laugh and complain so I don't piss someone off at work. The "dumb" arguments here are in fact very intelligent when you hear some of the stupid **** I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Haha. But I avoid this place after Bills losses or else I'd spend my day at work pounding my head on my desk.