Pegula is a Buffalo guy, right? And Russ Brandon is a Buffalo guy, r

Tipster19

So is it inconceivable that if Terry Pegula does in fact buy the Bills that he keeps Brandon? Brandon has been so committed in keeping the franchise in this community. I like the way he looks out for the Bills' welfare and believe that his loyalty is unquestionable to the franchise and community. I also really like the job that he has been doing since the passing of Ralph Wilson. Here's a vote for retaining Brandon & Co after the new ownership takes over, whoever that may be.

Edited by Tipster19

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So is it inconceivable that if Terry Pegula does in fact buy the Bills that he keeps Brandon? Brandon has been so committed in keeping the franchise in this community. I like the way he looks out for the Bills' welfare and believe that his loyalty is unquestionable to the franchise and community. I also really like the job that he has been doing since the passing of Ralph Wilson. Here's a vote for retaining Brandon & Co after the new ownership takes over, whoever that may be.

I too have been impressed by Brandon since RW's death. That said, he's still a gigantic part of the culture that's fielded a sub .400 team and zero playoff appearances.

I'd be upset if Whaley doesn't get a fair shake with the new ownership, but would completely understand if Brandon's fazed out.

I too have been impressed by Brandon since RW's death. That said, he's still a gigantic part of the culture that's fielded a sub .400 team and zero playoff appearances.

I'd be upset if Whaley doesn't get a fair shake with the new ownership, but would completely understand if Brandon's fazed out.

agreed

Inconceivable? I think he is a lock to stay with Petulant Pegs.

GR talked about it, but we all already know it...the marketing job he has been able to put together for this team that year in and year out isn't even a contender is praise worthy and a valuable commodity to have.

I hope he is safe for a while...I actually hope they are all safe for at least a full year under the new ownership.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

El Petulant Pegual?

His real name is El Pegual. But he has been known to strike so much fear into other potential owners of any kind, including Taco Bell franchises, that the rivals and locals have come to call him, "El Petulante."

Out of sheer terror.

And not in his presence of course.

As long as Brandon stops pouring over massive binders of scouting reports during the draft and scouting players at HOF games he is welcome to stay.

Oh -- he also needs to stop staring down Whaley.

Edited by eball

I agree here. If I am Pegula, I look to extend Whaley and his team. Brandon would require taking a closer look. Nothing personal, but his background is Marketing. Since he was elevated higher in the organization than Marketing, the Bills have not had a season where they won more than 6 games. I would have to take a hard look at that. Option could be to have Brandon move back to run Marketing and hire a True Football Man as Team President.

His real name is El Pegual. But he has been known to strike so much fear into other potential owners of any kind, including Taco Bell franchises, that the rivals and locals have come to call him, "El Petulante."

Out of sheer terror.

And not in his presence of course.

I can't believe tipster had the cojones to call El Pegual petulant right here out in the open on the intraweb highway.

Tipster will likely pay for this mistake. Tipster likely has ALREADY paid for this mistake. In the words of walter "Heisenberg" white, El Pegual says "I am the danger".

I would be surprised if he were not retained. He is very good at what he does. With that being said does anybody find it odd that he is sitting in on the presentations at this point? I am not saying that because his opinion is not valued because it is highly valued by the Wilson family but because of the conflict of interest. I know that the league wants him to remain in charge and a lot of the bidding groups to do but picking your future boss is a little weird to me.

GR talked about, but we all already know it...the marketing job he has been able to put together for this team that year in and year out isn't even a contender is praise worthy and a valuable commodity to have.

I hope is safe for a while...I actually hope they are all safe for at least a full year under the new ownership.

Maybe, selling inventory is only a part of the CEO's job. Fielding a good product being another.

The kool aid intoxication is in full force for a few more weeks anyways. let's see how good this team is.

This year special interest should be placed on Special teams and well the OC.

I would be surprised if he were not retained. He is very good at what he does. With that being said does anybody find it odd that he is sitting in on the presentations at this point? I am not saying that because his opinion is not valued because it is highly valued by the Wilson family but because of the conflict of interest. I know that the league wants him to remain in charge and a lot of the bidding groups to do but picking your future boss is a little weird to me.

He most Likely knows the numbers better than anyone at OBD Edited by Best Player Available

He most Likely knows the numbers better than anyone at OBD

Absolutely (along with Littman), it is just weird. I wonder if the trust has mandated that whoever takes over retain him for "X" period of time as one of their conditions? Otherwise, how can he be objective? He wants to remain in charge, the league wants the same and I have heard that multiple ownership groups do as well. The only other thing that I can think of is that it is such a foregone conclusion that they just want his input?

One thing that happened here was when the owner knew he was going to sell the team he signed the president and CEO to a 5 year guaranteed contract for a good chunk of money (like $1M a year). That way if the new regime decided that they wanted to get rid of him it was on their dime (which they stupidly did). Maybe something like that is in place here?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

what do you think determines whaley's fate? if e.j. flames out, is whaley toast?

brandon can go away now. his time is done. (although if pegula gets the team, i expect him to stay.)

I agree here. If I am Pegula, I look to extend Whaley and his team. Brandon would require taking a closer look. Nothing personal, but his background is Marketing. Since he was elevated higher in the organization than Marketing, the Bills have not had a season where they won more than 6 games. I would have to take a hard look at that. Option could be to have Brandon move back to run Marketing and hire a True Football Man as Team President.

There isn't anything to demonstrate keeping anyone at OBD for the simple reason they haven't accomplished anything. The caveat remains they've had all of 1 season, although if year 2 isn't a playoff year, it's inconceivable why anyone would invest north of 1B dollars and not clean house. Many of the same OBD lifers should be excised with a new owner coming.

The NFL has grown rapidly over the past 10-15 years, as evidenced by soaring team values and television contracts. The Bills, by virtue of existing within this have naturally benefitted. That's not to say everyone at OBD on the business side of the house has remained idle because they haven't. Sure, they've regionalized, but that's not a new concept. Businesses (which the Bills are first and foremost) always look to expand globally and/or into emerging markets. If you're not growing in this business environment you're dying. And the Bills have been doing that for several years.

I would hope the next team president comes up through the football ranks and isn't a financial/marketing guy.