schedule breakdown, wins and losses

SJDK

09/07 @ Chicago Bears- WIN- shootout 31-28

09/14 MIAMI DOLPHINS-WIN

09/21 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS-WIN- rough trip for them

09/28 @ Houston Texans-WIN-fitz is there QB- clowny and watt get sacks, its close

10/05 @ Detroit Lions-LOSS-megatron

10/12 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS-WIN-Brady is good but its home

10/19 MINNESOTA VIKINGs-WIN- their D is bad

10/26 @ New York Jets-LOSS-they are at home, good D

11/09 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-WIN in a shocker

11/13 @ Miami Dolphins-Win

11/23 NEW YORK JETS-Win- at home our crowd paralyzes their offense

11/30 CLEVELAND BROWNS- LOSS- pettine

12/07 @ Denver Broncos-LOSS-Manning

12/14 GREEN BAY PACKERS-LOSS-Rogers

12/21 @ Oakland Raiders-WIN-raiders

12/28 @ New England Patriots-LOSS- Brady is good

Here we go, 10-6 in an early prediction of our season.

Edited by SJDK

I wouldn't consider beating the Chiefs a shocker at all.

I guess I'm predicting it will be a shock in the national media, but I think they are better than last year and they will probably have a good record at that point in the season.

Edited by SJDK

I see some 10-6 or better predictions and I wonder, given the Bills recent history, how many Bills fans betting with their head and not their heart, would make a bet of 10 wins or more this season.

Well the opposite is true as well. You can say the Bills will be 6-10 because they are always 6-10. It may be true but that's coincidence, not a factual reason. These Bills are not last years Bills. You can debate how any of the changes or possible improvements by players will impact their 2014 record. But to say they won't be good because they are never good is as bad as saying 10-6 out of fandom.

Well the opposite is true as well. You can say the Bills will be 6-10 because they are always 6-10. It may be true but that's coincidence, not a factual reason. These Bills are not last years Bills. You can debate how any of the changes or possible improvements by players will impact their 2014 record. But to say they won't be good because they are never good is as bad as saying 10-6 out of fandom.

I would agree and wonder how many who bet with their heads would make a bet of 6 or fewer wins as well.

though things change so much from week to week in the NFL forecasting in august is hard, but still fun nonetheless:

@Bears - Loss

Dolphins - Win

Chargers - Loss

@Texans - Win

@Lions - Loss

Patriots - Loss

Vikings - Win

@Jets - Loss

bye (3-5 at bye)

Chiefs - Win

@Dolphins - Win

Jets - Win

Browns - Win

@Denver - Loss

Packers - Loss

@Raiders - Win

Patriots - Loss

Final record: 8-8. Improved, but not quite there yet.

Edited by bobobonators

So 8-8?

Losing to the Browns because of Pettine? We lost to them last year because of Pettine. Now he's on the other side!

I just suspect that the defense in Cleveland will be very tough and he will probably be able to mess with EJ and Hackett pretty bad.

I just suspect that the defense in Cleveland will be very tough and he will probably be able to mess with EJ and Hackett pretty bad.

His defense so far looks exactly the same as the one EJ faced in practice all last year. With not as much talent on the DL, IMO. Marrone may be able to mess with him as well. He knows where the holes are in that defense.

Also, NYJ are going to have a tough time covering our WRs with that secondary. I know they play well at home but they really are depleted.

I agree that if there are 2 games I give us no chance of winning, they are GB and Denver.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Their December schedule is so rough, they are going to have to build up a lot of wins early in the season to be in the hunt for that 10-6 or 9-7 record we are hoping to see.

That's where, hopefully, a strong running game and defense (we hope to have these) will be able to grind out some wins in bad weather. But very tough end of schedule.

His defense so far looks exactly the same as the one EJ faced in practice all last year. With not as much talent on the DL, IMO. Marrone may be able to mess with him as well. He knows where the holes are in that defense.

Also, NYJ are going to have a tough time covering our WRs with that secondary. I know they play well at home but they really are depleted.

I agree that if there are 2 games I give us no chance of winning, they are GB and Denver.

OH NO! What if this is another 6-3 game? :wallbash:

Considering our QB is EJ, I think you should revise your prediction down a bit, especially winning at Houston and home to New England. The Patriots own us, and Belicheck is in our heads.

I think 8-8 is the ceiling. Anything less would be a step back, anything more a surprise.

Considering our QB is EJ, I think you should revise your prediction down a bit, especially winning at Houston and home to New England. The Patriots own us, and Belicheck is in our heads.

I think 8-8 is the ceiling. Anything less would be a step back, anything more a surprise.

I see the Houston game as one of those that we will lose because we are on the road and their DL gets to EJ. I don't think Houston will be a good team overall though. We will expect to won and will lose. Likewise, I think there is a game in there we expect to lose and will win. Could be home vs. NE. We came very close to doing it last year and I truly think having Pepper Johnson and Spikes here will help us with the game plan on Brady. Edited by YoloinOhio

It's a prediction, I'm not revising anything

We'll beat the Raiders, the Vikes.. -Probably split with the Dolphins, and win one more game we shouldn't. That's four wins that I can see. Some teams, like the Packers, Bears, and Broncs will simply blow us out of the stadium. -NO CHANCE.

On the bright side, the Marrones will be gone, and a new era of football led by Golisano or Pegula will begin. -Hopefully that means good things.

Edited by #34fan

I guess I'm predicting it will be a shock in the national media, but I think they are better than last year and they will probably have a good record at that point in the season.

You're probably right about the national media. I'm not as high on the Chiefs as some. I thought they were mediocre last year and didn't do much to change that this offseason. Other than that, I pretty much agree with most of your predictions.

You're probably right about the national media. I'm not as high on the Chiefs as some. I thought they were mediocre last year and didn't do much to change that this offseason. Other than that, I pretty much agree with most of your predictions.

If anything, they got worse. I see them taking a big step back.

I can see us going anywhere from 4-12 to 10-6. A lot of those games I feel are swing games.

imo we should beat the phins twice. I don't think the hype around that team is warranted. I also feel we are better than the jets and really should beat them twice. We won't, but should.

Bears, honestly a good team, had a down yr last year D wise., and I think they pop back. I expect to lose.

Chiefs we almost beat last year. I see no reason we don't put up a fight this year. I actually think we should win this one.

Vikings. Toss up. Imo on paper, we should win. Then again it's the Bills. We never win give me games.

Texans. They are not looking good. I feel like we should win this. Then again see above ^

Browns. We should win. We would have won last year year, and we should win this year. They have no WRs.

Chargers. I don't know. They always seem to start slow and finish strong. I feel like they are better than their records have shown, and Rivers rebounded nice last year. IMO we lose this game, however it's not an easy win for them.

Lions. For a team with so much talent, why are they so bad. Even I suppose, however i feel like the Bills drop the ball here, something stupid costs us the game.

Raiders. God knows we should beat them.

----------------------

Breaking it down a little easier:

Games the Bills should win, but could break our hearts with:

Phins x 2

Jets x 2

Texans

Vikings

Browns

Raiders

Games that are 50/50 or at least I could see us winning:

Bears

Chargers

Chiefs

Games we have no business winning:

Pats x 2

Broncos

Packers

That makes 4 loses at least for the season, and 12 that could swing either way.

though things change so much from week to week in the NFL forecasting in august is hard, but still fun nonetheless:

@Bears - Loss

Dolphins - Win

Chargers - Loss

@Texans - Win

@Lions - Loss

Patriots - Loss

Vikings - Win

@Jets - Loss

bye (3-5 at bye)

Chiefs - Win

@Dolphins - Win

Jets - Win

Browns - Win

@Denver - Loss

Packers - Loss

@Raiders - Win

Patriots - Loss

Final record: 8-8. Improved, but not quite there yet.

This is exactly as I see it

If anything, they got worse. I see them taking a big step back.

Their schedule this year certainly doesn't do them any favors, unlike last year.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Seems on this schedule is the run defense is going to need to be improved. If it is, Bills will do well. Tough ground games will include:

Browns, Houston, Vikes, jets, chiefs, phins... Prob raiders and chargers too.

A great run d will hurt these teams and also take away the weakness the pats have exploited for years.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Prediction text...

Games the Bills should win, but could break our hearts with:

Raiders

Games that are 50/50 or at least I could see us winning:

Bears

Chargers

Chiefs

Phins x 2

Jets x 2

Texans

Vikings

Browns

Games we have no business winning:

Pats x 2

Broncos

Packers

This is how I break that down...

So, for now, going with 6-10.

Edited by Dorkington

I hate to spoil the fun but MIAMI LOOKED DOMINANT VS ATLANTA this last preseason. Tannehill drove down 80 yards and scored very easily. I mean very easily.

Why so many posters see automatic wins vs miami, I dont understand. Every year is different.

Dont get me wrong, I can see us beating them twice, but I can also see them sweeping us, just as easy.

09/07 @ Chicago Bears- WIN- shootout 31-28

09/14 MIAMI DOLPHINS-WIN

09/21 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS-WIN- rough trip for them

09/28 @ Houston Texans-WIN-fitz is there QB- clowny and watt get sacks, its close

10/05 @ Detroit Lions-LOSS-megatron

10/12 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS-WIN-Brady is good but its home

10/19 MINNESOTA VIKINGs-WIN- their D is bad

10/26 @ New York Jets-LOSS-they are at home, good D

11/09 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-WIN in a shocker

11/13 @ Miami Dolphins-Win

11/23 NEW YORK JETS-Win- at home our crowd paralyzes their offense

11/30 CLEVELAND BROWNS- LOSS- pettine

12/07 @ Denver Broncos-LOSS-Manning

12/14 GREEN BAY PACKERS-LOSS-Rogers

12/21 @ Oakland Raiders-WIN-raiders

12/28 @ New England Patriots-LOSS- Brady is good

Here we go, 10-6 in an early prediction of our season.

Loss to detroit??? New coach. They will blow badly this year. This is the easiest game on the schedule. Yes, even easier than the Raiders.

Ps. Lots of fans see a Win when they see the Raiders. I'm pretty sure they do the same for browns and bills. I cant wait till we change that.

Regarding San Diego, eveyone is high on Phillip Rivers. I'm not buying it. He had a probowl year last year. Cant take that away from him. But the year before he would throw an int every time sd needed a td. He lost a lot of games for them.

He will go back to sucking this year. I'm pretty sure.

Yeah that's why I don't do it.

After preseason game 3 you can tell what kind of team you really have. I make my predictions after that.

I hate to spoil the fun but MIAMI LOOKED DOMINANT VS ATLANTA this last preseason. Tannehill drove down 80 yards and scored very easily. I mean very easily.

Why so many posters see automatic wins vs miami, I dont understand. Every year is different.

Dont get me wrong, I can see us beating them twice, but I can also see them sweeping us, just as easy.

Loss to detroit??? New coach. They will blow badly this year. This is the easiest game on the schedule. Yes, even easier than the Raiders.

Ps. Lots of fans see a Win when they see the Raiders. I'm pretty sure they do the same for browns and bills. I cant wait till we change that.

Regarding San Diego, eveyone is high on Phillip Rivers. I'm not buying it. He had a probowl year last year. Cant take that away from him. But the year before he would throw an int every time sd needed a td. He lost a lot of games for them.

He will go back to sucking this year. I'm pretty sure.

Yeah that's why I don't do it.

After preseason game 3 you can tell what kind of team you really have. I make my predictions after that.

Haha, so let me get this strait: predictions after preseason week 2- way too early! Are you nuts?!. After preseason wk3- alright, perfect time to predict. #amiright

That's some legit comedy there, I'll admit it's usually a short powerful exhale when I laugh while reading alone. I really did a rare lol at that!

Edited by SJDK

09/07 @ Chicago Bears- LOSS

09/14 MIAMI DOLPHINS-WIN

09/21 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS-LOSS

09/28 @ Houston Texans-WIN

10/05 @ Detroit Lions-LOSS

10/12 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS-LOSS

10/19 MINNESOTA VIKINGs-Win

10/26 @ New York Jets-LOSS

11/09 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-LOSS

11/13 @ Miami Dolphins-LOSS

11/23 NEW YORK JETS-WIN

11/30 CLEVELAND BROWNS- WIN

12/07 @ Denver Broncos-LOSS

12/14 GREEN BAY PACKERS-LOSS

12/21 @ Oakland Raiders-LOSS

12/28 @ New England Patriots-LOSS

Still don't think they'll be winners with the current QB.....5-11. The D will keep them in games but lack of O will cost them, particularly late in the year.

At this point, it is very difficult to predict wins and losses for the season. So much depends on EJ. The defense will be solid; I think we all agree on that. Mostly, this season will turn on whether EJ starts to read defenses better, see the field better, and become more composed because of it, which will increase his accuracy. If EJ matures, the Bills will be much improved:

09/07 @ Chicago Bears - WIN

09/14 MIAMI DOLPHINS - WIN

09/21 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - WIN

09/28 @ Houston Texans - WIN

10/05 @ Detroit Lions - LOSS

10/12 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - WIN

10/19 MINNESOTA VIKINGs - WIN

10/26 @ New York Jets - LOSS

11/09 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - WIN

11/13 @ Miami Dolphins - LOSS

11/23 NEW YORK JETS-WIN

11/30 CLEVELAND BROWNS - WIN

12/07 @ Denver Broncos - LOSS

12/14 GREEN BAY PACKERS - LOSS

12/21 @ Oakland Raiders - WIN

10-6, but I'm a homer :-)

09/07 @ Chicago Bears- LOSS, but could go either way

09/14 MIAMI DOLPHINS-WIN

09/21 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS-LOSS

09/28 @ Houston Texans-WIN (They better since I'm going.)

10/05 @ Detroit Lions- WIN, but could go either way

10/12 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS-WIN

10/19 MINNESOTA VIKINGs-Win

10/26 @ New York Jets-LOSS, but could go either way

11/09 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS-WIN, but could go either way

11/13 @ Miami Dolphins-WIN, but could go either way

11/23 NEW YORK JETS-WIN

11/30 CLEVELAND BROWNS- WIN

12/07 @ Denver Broncos-LOSS

12/14 GREEN BAY PACKERS-LOSS

12/21 @ Oakland Raiders- WIN

Their December schedule is so rough, they are going to have to build up a lot of wins early in the season to be in the hunt for that 10-6 or 9-7 record we are hoping to see.

I agree and just don't see it. I believe we have a solid -if unspectacular OL, a WR corps that's sterling on paper and a stable of quality RB's. Everyone here knows what's missing. Pettine put players in places to make plays and many stalwarts and a few new pieces had career years. No idea what to expect defensively this year. We couldn't do JACK with last seasons' schedule, which many of us thought was finally our ticket to the post-season.

Unless I see something different in the teams' belief in their capabilites and attitude toward winning, 5-11.