Would you swap EJ for Manziel right now?

Would you swap EJ for Johnny Football?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Based on this weekend's play, would you swap EJ for Manziel?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can I party with each and then decide?

Ah another hindsight poster. Was it Alex Smiths 63 INts that make him very accurate. Was it the fact he was benched in 2008 for terrible backups. No one knew what Smith was going to be. He was labeled a bust after 5 years in the NFL. KC took a gamble and it paid off. To say the Bills should have grabbed him because Alex Smith is a sure thing is about as inaccurate a statement as it gets.

This

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At halftime last night they mentioned that there were other rookies late as well. The Browns said the rookies misread the schedule and as far as they were concerned the case was closed.

He was 5 minutes late. Who in the organization is leaking this to Chris Mortenson? Embarrassing. It led MNF last night and the Browns weren't even playing. Not only did they report he was late for the meeting, they made sure to say that he made bed check on Sunday night. How is that even related. Who leaked this and what is their motivation. Mort was NOT in Berea so someone told him.

This

I cannot say that I was for or against getting Alex Smith when KC did...but to be fair Alex Smith did not just begin to shine in KC, he did however, just begin to shine when Harbaugh took over the 49ers a few years before that...Alex Smith, under Harbaugh's coaching and game plan, was asked to be efficient and accurate but not a world-beater, ala Favre, Manning, Brady, etc...he was given a strong running game and 1st class Defense and then told to make timely throws, which is what he did...he didn't pass for 4500 yards and 30 TDs, but he did have some of the fewest INTs in the game once Harbaugh arrived...Harbaugh and his style and Offense reinvented Alex Smith for what he is/was: a good, efficient QB that manages the game but is not asked to carry the Offense on his shoulders, and KC already had all the talent for a great Running game and good to great Defense, sound familiar??

He was 5 minutes late. Who in the organization is leaking this to Chris Mortenson? Embarrassing. It led MNF last night and the Browns weren't even playing. Not only did they report he was late for the meeting, they made sure to say that he made bed check on Sunday night. How is that even related. Who leaked this and what is their motivation. Mort was NOT in Berea so someone told him.

Anything JF related is newsworthy I guess.

Would it be that absurd if true? I'm sure there are plenty of Bills fans who would rather have a "classic pocket passer" under center for Buffalo. In fact, I'm sure it's true to some extent with all fans of all teams. No one has the marbles to flat out say it though, they'd rather cowardly pick, poke and beat around the bush. To believe that 100% of the fan base doesn't see race as an issue is ignorant.

BTW I'm not calling anyone on this site a racist, I'm just saying that believing it's not an issue for some is being naive.

I really don't think that's what's at work in this case. Issue #1 is Bills fans are conditioned to expect failure. Issue #2 is that EJ was considered a reach by the national media and a project by many going into the draft. His performance overall last year was pretty decent but not compelling.

Some are really annoyed by this thread but I'm an EJ (and FSU) fan and still think it's a damned interesting question.

Let's provide a more interesting example that to me proves the question is valid (albeit unprovable).

Would you trade EJ for the rights to Jameis Winston?

I would in a flash.

I cannot say that I was for or against getting Alex Smith when KC did...but to be fair Alex Smith did not just begin to shine in KC, he did however, just begin to shine when Harbaugh took over the 49ers a few years before that...Alex Smith, under Harbaugh's coaching and game plan, was asked to be efficient and accurate but not a world-beater, ala Favre, Manning, Brady, etc...he was given a strong running game and 1st class Defense and then told to make timely throws, which is what he did...he didn't pass for 4500 yards and 30 TDs, but he did have some of the fewest INTs in the game once Harbaugh arrived...Harbaugh and his style and Offense reinvented Alex Smith for what he is/was: a good, efficient QB that manages the game but is not asked to carry the Offense on his shoulders, and KC already had all the talent for a great Running game and good to great Defense, sound familiar??

Correct he did. But he is the ultimate poster boy for giving Quarterbacks time. People forget that at the end of the Singleterry era there were 49ers fans desperate for Smith to be ditched and for the organisation to "move on". There was clamour before the 2011 season for Kaepernick to start as a rookie... they were done with Alex Smith. Then all of a sudden he finds a system that fits him, a coach that trusts him and it all starts going right leading to him being considered a "hot" trade commodity after losing his job through bad luck in San Fran. Anyone arguing (and there are some on here who do) that EJ can never be a top 16 Quarterback and then arguing we should have traded for Smith because he is a top 16 Quarterback is simply defying logic to my mind. Smith is an above average starter in this league but it took him a long time to get there.

That's one wuss out of three D-Bags.

That weirdo has 12.5 million page hits. Half of them probably came from here.

I don't think I want to party with that fella, so I am going to go with EJ this time.

And I couldn't thank you fellas enough!!

Ok, so clearly im not one to post very much on here, but some of this craps drivin me nuts and im gonna have to throw my hat into the ring here. All this negativity towards ej is insane! He is our qb! We are all bills fans! Get behind him! You read the article in the buffalo news today about how ej's looked good the last week or so, and all there are are comments about how he sucks and will never amount to anything. I come here to see what people are talking about and its all comments about how hes 2nd rate and wont take us anywhere. Do you tell youre kids that theyll never amount to anything when theyre not solving quadratic equations at 4 years old?

Man, let the guy play! Its a game, let him have some fun out there! Hes a bill! Hes our guy! Let him get behind us, and lets get behind him. I bought my 2boys, 2 1/2 and 11 months ej manuel jerseys this weekend and were gonna be the first ones downtown flippin over cop cars and lighting garbage cans on fire when our boy, ej, leads us to the promised land in this upcoming magical season fueled by the memory of the only owner weve ever known! Now whose with me, lets get it on and get this season rollin! And GO BILLS!

Ok, so clearly im not one to post very much on here, but some of this craps drivin me nuts and im gonna have to throw my hat into the ring here. All this negativity towards ej is insane! He is our qb! We are all bills fans! Get behind him! You read the article in the buffalo news today about how ej's looked good the last week or so, and all there are are comments about how he sucks and will never amount to anything. I come here to see what people are talking about and its all comments about how hes 2nd rate and wont take us anywhere. Do you tell youre kids that theyll never amount to anything when theyre not solving quadratic equations at 4 years old?

Man, let the guy play! Its a game, let him have some fun out there! Hes a bill! Hes our guy! Let him get behind us, and lets get behind him. I bought my 2boys, 2 1/2 and 11 months ej manuel jerseys this weekend and were gonna be the first ones downtown flippin over cop cars and lighting garbage cans on fire when our boy, ej, leads us to the promised land in this upcoming magical season fueled by the memory of the only owner weve ever known! Now whose with me, lets get it on and get this season rollin! And GO BILLS!

my kids wear EJ jerseys too. Go Bills! Edited by YoloinOhio

I personally don't like him as QB and I honestly think he's a bag, but, I can't deny that I am excited to watch this game tonight and it's all because of JFF. Spectacularly good or spectacularly bad is still spectacular.

What I saw tonight was a guy that when pressured and trapped in the pocket, not only doesn't step into throws but actually makes them while backpedalling. This throw can work to a RB on a screen but not to a receiver beyond the line. He better correct that fast or he will get abused by the speed of NFL defenders reacting to his softer throws.