Would you swap EJ for Manziel right now?

Would you swap EJ for Johnny Football?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Based on this weekend's play, would you swap EJ for Manziel?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can I party with each and then decide?

Manziel makes my stomach turn. He is multiple things I dislike rolled into one person: spoiled, arrogant, cocky, entitled, obnoxious... I could go on and on. His daddy had to buy him a new car to bribe him to stop drinking in high school!

Meanwhile, EJ is an intelligent, humble, hardworking, polite young man who is busting his butt to get better and help his team win.

So I vote no on any swaps.

Yeah but who is the better football player?

I'd take Manziel over E.J. everyday. I think most NFL teams would also.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, what is with this board? How about we let EJ play before we start trying to compare him or swap him in nonsense threads that can never happen? I mean how many of these threads do we need?

EJ is the best QB prospect we have had since Kelly was drafted...literally. Yet all half this board wants to desperately do is prove he's a bust before he's had a chance to define his career. I swear most the people hating on him would rather us lose and him bust just to be right rather than be objective about him and hope for his success.

Amen, Brother.

Seriously, what is with this board? How about we let EJ play before we start trying to compare him or swap him in nonsense threads that can never happen? I mean how many of these threads do we need?

EJ is the best QB prospect we have had since Kelly was drafted...literally. Yet all half this board wants to desperately do is prove he's a bust before he's had a chance to define his career. I swear most the people hating on him would rather us lose and him bust just to be right rather than be objective about him and hope for his success.

At the time he was drafted I think Losman would've been considered a better prospect. He was a failure. Just using Scouts Inc grade they had Losman an 89 and Manuel a 76. Edwards was also given a grade of 85.

Edited by Section242

I hate the pick, not the player. Until EJ proves himself a solid starter, he's gonna be criticized so get used to it.

So you admit you are a hater. Just own it.

Like some here, you hated the pick and you will dog the man cause you didn't like the pick. It doesn't take much getting used to. The internet is full of fools like yourself who are so invested in their initial opinion, they can't be objective about the play of the player.

I don't know if EJ will be successful. But I'm going to give him a chance. There are things he does well, and some he does not. But he is still a puppy in this league. One thing I think I know. It's really easy to predict a player will fail (more fail than become great). I'd suggest you hold off on your evaluation until the guy has a chance to prove himself...one way or another. But I know that this is a waisted sentiment on those of your ilk.

EJ aside, I would like to know why this team refuses to draft QB's in the early to mid rounds. That's the reason we never have depth at the position. Who knows, maybe a QB taken outside of the first round would work out to be a "franchise qb", i.e. Russell Wilson, Kaepernick. Even the Patsies pick up qb's in the draft!!!

So you admit you are a hater. Just own it.

Like some here, you hated the pick and you will dog the man cause you didn't like the pick. It doesn't take much getting used to. The internet is full of fools like yourself who are so invested in their initial opinion, they can't be objective about the play of the player.

I don't know if EJ will be successful. But I'm going to give him a chance. There are things he does well, and some he does not. But he is still a puppy in this league. One thing I think I know. It's really easy to predict a player will fail (more fail than become great). I'd suggest you hold off on your evaluation until the guy has a chance to prove himself...one way or another. But I know that this is a waisted sentiment on those of your ilk.

You're going to turn to name calling??? Please, "The Dean", it's not befitting your title!!! I'm not going to stoop to your level with all of your "hate.". And, by the way, Dean, it's "wasted." .

Edited by Wiz

EJ aside, I would like to know why this team refuses to draft QB's in the early to mid rounds. That's the reason we never have depth at the position. Who knows, maybe a QB taken outside of the first round would work out to be a "franchise qb", i.e. Russell Wilson, Kaepernick. Even the Patsies pick up qb's in the draft!!!

You're going to turn to name calling??? Please, "The Dean", it's not befitting your title!!! I'm not going to stoop to your level with all of your "hate.". And, by the way, Dean, it's "wasted." .

"Hater" is now name calling?

Does that apply to "bust" as well? Just curious.

Edited by The Dean

I'm not sure, Legolas himself couldn't connect when he threw down with the Biebs, if an immortal elf can't beat up justin what chance does a mere mortal have?

I hadn't considered that. :lol:

Too late. Should have drafted him when we had the chance. Now we'll get to watch him make the playoffs for the next decade, while we cycle through our next losman/edwards/fitz.

Regarding race, I don't buy it. The EJ haters are typically the same folks saying we should have made a play for Vick or Jason Campbell in the offseason, and are also chronic should have drafted Russell Wilson handwringers. Their criticism stems from their impatience and their belief that Manuel actually sucks.

Edited by TheBrownBear

At the time he was drafted I think Losman would've been considered a better prospect. He was a failure. Just using Scouts Inc grade they had Losman an 89 and Manuel a 76. Edwards was also given a grade of 85.

Yeah but who is the better football player?

I'd take Manziel over E.J. everyday. I think most NFL teams would also.

Scouts Inc. gave Manziel a 90 score. EJ was a surprise first round pick in a lean year for QB's. Most everyone expected Manziel to go in the first round. Manziel is the better talent than EJ and most teams would gladly trade EJ for Manziel.

My biggest problem was that the Bills did not bring in any competition for EJ. When I hear that the Bills last year were afraid to waive Jeff Tuel because they thought someone would claim him off waivers tells me that they don't know much about evaluating QB talent and they are overestimating what they have. I am tired of QB competitions that consist of the likes of Kelly Holcumbs and Ryan Fitztpatricks. I am tired of drafting RB in the early rounds (Travis Henry, Marshawn Lynch, Willis McGahee, and CJ Spiller) and comparatively ignoring the more important QB position. The rest of the NFL is picking up RB's in later rounds and realize they have to draft QB's in the first three rounds. I think the only starting QBs that weren't drafted in the top three rounds were Tony Romo and Tom Brady. Why have the Bills so rarely taken a QB in an early round? After an uncertain first year how can they be so determined not to bring in more QB talent. I hope EJ succeeds because if he doesn't it is likely to be at least two more years of futility because there will be a new GM and coaching staff in Buffalo next year and without next year's first rounder it is going to be harder to get a top notch QB prospect.

Too late. Should have drafted him when we had the chance. Now we'll get to watch him make the playoffs for the next decade, while we cycle through our next losman/edwards/fitz.

Regarding race, I don't buy it. The EJ haters are typically the same folks saying we should have made a play for Vick or Jason Campbell in the offseason, and are also chronic should have drafted Russell Wilson handwringers. Their criticism stems from their impatience and their belief that Manuel actually sucks.

You my friend are putting the cart waaaaaaay before the horse. Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

I'm not basing my opinion on just one week but on their body of work from college and pros. Granted it's just a part of a game for Manziel but he looks sharp and decisive even if he always didn't make the right decision he still got results.

Bottom line Johnny is a gamer and clutch and EJ is solid but don't see him becoming great.

Manziel all the way.

Are we going to have a thread, with a completely meaningless "poll", for every QB vs EJ?

I think someone should start a thread where we go through all the starters/potential starters of every team and see if we want EJ or the other guy B-)

I think the results from this one would actually be pretty interesting. EJ or:

http://tinyurl.com/yu8yjn

dick :P

Three wasted years waiting on a QB to prove beyond any doubt they can start in the NFL. Meantime, in the interest of not creating a "quarterback controversy" we pass on other opportunities to pickup ANY QB earlier than the 7th round or UDFA's.

This, sad but true.

Ryan Leaf's attitude problems were enough to sabotage his NFL dreams.

Manziel has attitude problems AND poor mechanics.

My choice is EJ

Really?! :doh:

Leaf was a Megalomaniac who thought he had already arrived.

Manziel is a cocky, confident leader who knows he has a lot of hard work to do and will do whatever it takes to succeed.

His Mechanics are fine, changing his mechs would just screw him up like it does to many guys who don't throw perfectly (Tebow, was way more accurate in college and they ruined him, he played great at the end of games because he would just go back to his instincts and "bad " mechanics)

Manziel makes my stomach turn. He is multiple things I dislike rolled into one person: spoiled, arrogant, cocky, entitled, obnoxious, awesome, gamer, clutch, winner... I could go on and on. His daddy had to buy him a new car to bribe him to stop drinking in high school! it worked

Meanwhile, EJ is an intelligent, humble, hardworking, inconsistent, inaccurate, indecisive, doesn't play to his abilities, polite young man who is busting his butt to get better and help his team win.

So I vote no on any swaps. until next year

fixed

For all those unhappy no other QBs were brought in to compete with EJ, one question: name the last NFL team that found it's franchise QB by holding a casting call?

hey we need better backups too, I'd feel a lot better with Hasselbeck and Weedon behind EJ

The controversy with EJ is caused by EJ not playing well enough, consistently enough, to win more fans over to his side.

If he strings a couple more good games together, back to back, then he will start winning more fans over to his side. Some of the fence sitters will start believing in him.

If he comes out in the next game and plays poorly he is going to lose some more people whose patience is starting to wear thin.

couldn't have said it any better.