Would you swap EJ for Manziel right now?

Would you swap EJ for Johnny Football?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Based on this weekend's play, would you swap EJ for Manziel?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can I party with each and then decide?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon. You could take the Biebster.

That's one wuss out of three D-Bags.

I think the results from this one would actually be pretty interesting. EJ or:

http://tinyurl.com/yu8yjn

That weirdo has 12.5 million page hits. Half of them probably came from here.

I don't think I want to party with that fella, so I am going to go with EJ this time.

This is the perfect thread to cause a pointless conversation to bash EJ.

No after 1 average preseason I wouldn't even consider trading them straight up. With a QB like JM, give him a year for D-coordinators to get some film on him and I still bet he busts out (that's if he even makes it that far). Hoyer looks like he can be a dependable QB, but EJ's upside/youth is more valuable then Hoyer.

For the record I like Hoyer more still and would start him if Cleveland is serious about a winning team this year.

Couldnt we just do this with every NFL QB who looks good in the preseason?

EJ for Teddy Bridgewater?

EJ for Chase Daniel?

EJ and a 7th for Ryan Mallet?

EJ for Brock Osweiler?

EJ and MILLIONS for Ko Simpson?

Or everyone who has sucked in preseason like Fitzpatrick! I can't believe these threads don't get immediately closed.

Common man, first wouldya for Fitzgibbons, now wouldya for Footgibbons. Who's next?

How about EJ for Losman, Edwards and Rob Johnson. It still leaves open the possibility of throwing Flutie or Bledsoe in the mix. That is of course we go really old school.

Three years?

Three wasted years waiting on a QB to prove beyond any doubt they can start in the NFL. Meantime, in the interest of not creating a "quarterback controversy" we pass on other opportunities to pickup ANY QB earlier than the 7th round or UDFA's.

I was curious what TJ Graham had to do with this thread also.

Graham was the player we traded back into the 3rd round to get instead of Russell Wilson

Edited by Wiz

Yes. Manzel looked more in control and MUCH more decisive with the ball and running that EJ ever has. Its between the ears EJ just doesn't seem to have it.

Absurd on every level. Either trolling or haven't been paying attention and I don't think it's the latter.

GO BILLS!!!

This is the perfect thread to cause a pointless conversation to bash EJ.

No after 1 average preseason I wouldn't even consider trading them straight up. With a QB like JM, give him a year for D-coordinators to get some film on him and I still bet he busts out (that's if he even makes it that far). Hoyer looks like he can be a dependable QB, but EJ's upside/youth is more valuable then Hoyer.

For the record I like Hoyer more still and would start him if Cleveland is serious about a winning team this year.

EJ for Teddy Bridgewater?

EJ for Chase Daniel?

EJ and a 7th for Ryan Mallet?

EJ for Brock Osweiler?

EJ and MILLIONS for Ko Simpson?

It is not just the preseason, last year during the middle of the regular season it was Glennon over EJ... Then, at the end of the regular season it was Geno over EJ...

For some posters, it is clear that it is anyone other than EJ,,,

Manziel was decisive and accurate and is destined to become a smudge on someones turf in the not too distant future. He's got good instincts and he's pretty tough, but that won't help him when he plays NFL starters and does the stuff he did last night. Ask RG3. Keep him safe in the pocket and he loses a lot of what gets him noticed. Or at least noticed in a good way - all the getting noticed in a bad way stuff is still there.

Having said all that, watching the Browns should be fun this year. Excitement on both sides of the ball.

Edited by Augie