Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only there was some way to get 2 pages of worthless content quickly...But how?

I am sick and tired of the useless bickering on this board, so let's settle this once and for all. The following are inarguable, immutable, universal truths:

- Ice cream tastes good.

- Puppies are cute.

- Purple monkey dishwasher.

[drops microphone]

Edited by jimmyo

Can a owner own a CFL team and NFL team if they are in different countries? :blush:

In all seriousness that is a pretty good question. The way Pegula bought up farm teams for the Sabres he may wish to buy a CFL team and make a farm system. That would be pretty innovative if it is allow by the NFL. Has any NFL owner done that before?

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

In all seriousness that is a pretty good question. The way Pegula bought up farm teams for the Sabres he may wish to buy a CFL team and make a farm system. That would be pretty innovative if it is allow by the NFL. Has any NFL owner done that before?

He doesn't own the ECHL team down here in Elmira YET, but they are now affiliated.

Would be pretty sweet if he bought the Argos. Only problem is, any wideouts from TO they tried tobring to Buffalo would be breaking towards the LoS before the snap. Maybe Whalley could trade those guys to the Jest before that happens. Those guys are usually looking for wideouts.

Would be pretty sweet if he bought the Argos. Only problem is, any wideouts from TO they tried tobring to Buffalo would be breaking towards the LoS before the snap. Maybe Whalley could trade those guys to the Jest before that happens. Those guys are usually looking for wideouts.

Buy the Argos and move them to Rochester.

can a U S A city be a member of the CFL?

There used to be a whole CFL division in the USA.

Only if the owner of the city is Canadian and then he can't have a home in Canada.

The NFL rules are very, very strict about this.

But can he own an NHL team at the same time? I sure hope their rules aren't a hard to figure out as the NFLs rules on the subject...

There used to be a whole CFL division in the USA.

But can he own an NHL team at the same time? I sure hope their rules aren't a hard to figure out as the NFLs rules on the subject...

well, how come the toronto blue jays are buffalo's parent club? the sabres and the leafs are in the same division in the NHL. i wonder if bettman is aware of that? or even goodell , for that matter.

it wouldnt work IMO.

CFL teams require a limited number of "imports". Would have to stock the team with a lot of Canadians. The game itself is a lot different.

And, the players up there are forced to wear rouge. That may be well and good for the canucks, but try telling these NFL players to wear makeup.

Everything you have said about this is exactly true. My settings are that I get an email when there's been a post to the threads I subscibe to. It's a gmail account, so when I see there are 29 new post emails rolled up, I'm thinking something pretty big happened.

I get there and it's this lame joke. (And, for jimmyo - if you think I think the Net should be deadly serious, you haven't ever read my posts).

It's tacked on 3 pages to a 67 page thread. The thread was finally dormant for a full day, and Jauronimo decides it's time to add this crap?? And, then defends it by saying how other people are stupid. Nobody was posting to it, so how was that an issue?

Nothing set it in motiion.

So the joke needs to stop because of your own personal notification settings...got it! Noted, ignored, thrown out!