Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, I was away for a few hours, saw the 5 pages of new posts and thought I missed something. Good to get here and find out Pegula can still own both the Sabres and Bills.

I guess I'll never get those 10 minutes back.

Christ on a crutch, am I glad this was the first post I saw today.

Stadium news, kind of

http://www.buffalone...county-20140826

Glad NF stadium is nearly put to rest

I think that it was only under consideration as a compromise to the JBJ group. "Hey, you can't move out of WNY but you can move 30 minutes closer to Toronto." Whether or not they considered it is another story but I think that was the trust, state and even the county willing to bend a little.

on paper, it seems like a glorious showcase to Western NY and a chance to put something in Niagara Falls USA that doesnt involve producing chemicals or burying waste... I can see why it at least has/had to be considered.

But scratching past the surface its just impossible.

on paper, it seems like a glorious showcase to Western NY and a chance to put something in Niagara Falls USA that doesnt involve producing chemicals or burying waste... I can see why it at least has/had to be considered.

But scratching past the surface its just impossible.

Agreed, I know many argued that it was just a logistical nightmare. It's not shocking to see it off the table especially with the Toronto group's bid in hospice.

Batavia, NY seems to be picking up steam. Many Buffalonias dont talk about the corporate power of Rochester enough.. If you did put the stadium right in the middle of Rochester and Buffalo It would would really help generate revenue by selling more luxury suites.

Where are you seeing this? No mention in that article that I saw said anything about Batavia picking up steam at all.

Where are you seeing this? No mention in that article that I saw said anything about Batavia picking up steam at all.

No, the article says all finalist in their report are in Erie County.

I would bet Amherst is pretty high on the list. But just in my conversations with a local economist Batavia makes the most financial sense besides putting it in Southern Ontario.

Downtown Buffalo is the only locale that can provide an abundance of ancillary revenue opportunities.

NF while intriguing has way too many infrastructure issues to solve and in the end, that community needs a different type of investment to succeed.

No, the article says all finalist in their report are in Erie County.

I would bet Amherst is pretty high on the list. But just in my conversations with a local economist Batavia makes the most financial sense besides putting it in Southern Ontario.

Having conversations with a local economist doesn't necessarily mean " Batavia seems to be picking up steam" as you mentioned. Can you elaborate as to why you feel it's picking up steam?

I've felt all along that infrastructure/construction of site access will be the biggest determining factor. I'm going to hazard a semi-educated guess that the downtown area option presented will be the demolition of the Perry St. Projects since there's room to extend surrounding highways/arterials to provide multiple access routes from all directions.

Having conversations with a local economist doesn't necessarily mean " Batavia seems to be picking up steam" as you mentioned. Can you elaborate as to why you feel it's picking up steam?

I should have worded it differently. It was a comment on where I think the stadium should go so it can generate the most money. So picking up steam for me. The Pegula's will have ultimate say, which may be why this report got pushed. Something made them hold off, maybe The Pegula's have already decided. Edited by TheTruthHurts

Downtown Buffalo is the only locale that can provide an abundance of ancillary revenue opportunities.

NF while intriguing has way too many infrastructure issues to solve and in the end, that community needs a different type of investment to succeed.

Depends on it being closed air, which most expect. If its just a football stadium like the Browns and Steelers have, downtown not the right place.

it would make the most sense downtown. i'm just worried about how that will impact tailgating and the traffic would be nuts. i'm going to enjoy the Ralph while i can because wherever they move to, it will never be the same

no, it will not. Tailgating will still exist, but be much different and less quantity. Bars and establishments both permanent and temporary will be hopping. People will take the rail in.

I was dreading this... but it wouldnt be all that bad. By then me and my friends will be in our 40s. We might be ready to be a little more civilized, get some drinks and maybe food at say, Pearl Street, and head into the game and not have to arrive at 8AM and leave the lot at like 5:30 or 6, sun rain or snow

Edited by May Day 10

no, it will not. Tailgating will still exist, but be much different and less quantity. Bars and establishments both permanent and temporary will be hopping. People will take the rail in.

I was dreading this... but it wouldnt be all that bad. By then me and my friends will be in our 40s. We might be ready to be a little more civilized, get some drinks and maybe food at say, Pearl Street, and head into the game and not have to arrive at 8AM and leave the lot at like 5:30 or 6, sun rain or snow

Yeah. Tailgating would be all over the city.

I wouldnt hate Batavia, but I just dont see it happening.

Itll be downtown or in place IMO. Id be shocked if Pegula buys the team and downtown doesnt happen.

I can't imagine it would be seriously considered to move the stadium even farther into the boondocks than it already is. The corporate suite market in Rochester is very much in play with the stadium in Erie County.

If a new stadium is built I for one really don't care where it is built as long as the team stays in the Buffalo area and is more handicap friendly than the Ralph is now. I have only attended 1 game in last 10 years because it is so hard to get around there. After my 2nd heart attack I have a very hard time with stairs.