Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the same few people who giggle at the same exact joke every 20 pages or so. Its annoying.

Its also the same people who continually demonstrate no comprehension of the bid process, who is involved and how things will proceed. So now you know how we feel when we read 10 pages of:

-Why haven't they just picked a bidder already???? Morgan Stanley's NDAs have bungled the process. Mary is GREEDY!! What if they scare away El Pegual??? Kraft and Goodell have conspired to sell the team to Jon Bovi by allowing him to submit a non-binding bid which meets minimum qualifications!!! The team is moving to LA! How much longer is this going to take?? The fact that the team hasn't been sold yet is an indictment on the trust and investment banking in general. I sold my house once, so the bid process is a circus!!!! Here's the latest tweet from some neckbeard who is friends with one of Littman's kids!!!

These posts are usually in response to where Dean, Kirby, myself or a few others have tried to lend a little perspective.

So you prefer serious rehashing of the same tired **** rather than facetious rehashing of the same old **** and other parody?

this (these) threads are the authority in Bills sale news as well as quickly collecting and posting any printed info out there. People give conspiracy theories, of course, some people give well thought out theories that make you think. Some silly. Some people impatient or ignorant to the process which is understandable. Its the most important series of events in the history of the franchise. The whole thing is a real testament to TBD.

So I see the red star and new posts for the thread thinking a Kryk column, Graham tweet, etc... then seeing days worth of this unfunny "joke" again... its annoying. Especially considering a week or two ago, people were discussing what may happen to Russ Brandon if Pegula bought the team and pages of posts were deleted, people were warned, yet this is allowed?

Anyways, its a silly internet argument. I have gone too far.

I really don't get how so many people think the Internet needs to be Serious Business All the Time.

I'm confused and have a very serious question: how can El Pegual be allowed to purchase the Bills when his residence is in Miami? Doesn't the NFL have a restriction in place that you can't buy a franchise in a city that has a team in the same division as the city in which the owner claims primary residence?

I'm confused and have a very serious question: how can El Pegual be allowed to purchase the Bills when his residence is in Miami? Doesn't the NFL have a restriction in place that you can't buy a franchise in a city that has a team in the same division as the city in which the owner claims primary residence?

Only if you buy it on the second Tuesday of the 4th, 8th and 12th month. Otherwise it's ok.

I think your expectations for this board are too high :nana:

I think the Kryk columns and Graham tweets are sensational BS at best and meaningless drivel from two men who have no understanding of how a sports franchise is sold at worst. Their articles are responsible for 90% of the hysteria we see here as they make no attempt to frame the sale of the team within the context of an organized bid process run by an experienced firm. Instead we see Kryk using the word circus and reporting events as if they're spur of the moment breaking news. Notice the JW articles don't elicit nearly the same response even though hes covering the same events or, in many instances, Kryk and Graham are citing JW's previous articles.

IMO Kryk has been right on top of this from day 1. The day to day reporting of numbers and such should be taken with a grain of salt, but procedurally and big-picture, I cant remember anything Kryk has been proven wrong.

That Mike Ozanian Forbes guy is the sensationalist "circus shouter" who gets things wrong.

Edited by May Day 10

I think the Kryk columns and Graham tweets are sensational BS at best and meaningless drivel from two men who have no understanding of how a sports franchise is sold at worst. Their articles are responsible for 90% of the hysteria we see here as they make no attempt to frame the sale of the team within the context of an organized bid process run by an experienced firm. Instead we see Kryk using the word circus and reporting events as if they're spur of the moment breaking news. Notice the JW articles don't elicit nearly the same response even though hes covering the same events or, in many instances, Kryk and Graham are citing JW's previous articles.

That's because jw is a reporter and the other two are columnists. Jw's job is only to report. Those other two's job is to report and give opinions.

IMO Kryk has been right on top of this from day 1. The day to day reporting of numbers and such should be taken with a grain of salt, but procedurally and big-picture, I cant remember anything Kryk has been proven wrong.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/exclusive-toronto-group-bidding-on-bills-allowed-to-submit-higher-first-bid-and-must-provide-greater-assurance-it-would-not-relocate-team-sources-say/

As the group mulled whether it could — or even should — continue, it received word from Morgan Stanley it could resubmit a more lucrative non-binding first bid, so long as it also provided more convincing assurances it would keep the team in Western New York.

All this likely speaks to the fact that the investment bank is (1) desperate to give Pegula more competition, (2) hoping to keep alive The Great Toronto Threat, which has successfully injected panic into the sale process since the beginning, and (3) desperate to save face, as the highly regarded investment bank still has not recruited a single new bidder to the process.

The bolded is just asinine. Submit a new competitive non-binding preliminary bid or you can't continue in the process was interpreted as the above?? Its this type of crap which intentionally or otherwise has fueled hysteria on this board. The rest of the piece revolved around numbers which may or may not be accurate.

The Forbes stuff is god awful and requires no further comments.

Then theres Graham.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/08/05/bon-jovi-group-continues-sputter-pegulas-pulling-away-bills-race/

The Buffalo Bills' sales process technically isn't over.

By isn't technically over do you mean has barely !@#$ing begun???

Morgan Stanley has had difficulty in drumming up sufficient interest in the team. Unless there's a secret suitor out there, only three parties stepped forward when the non-binding initial bids were supposed to be submitted last Tuesday.

Another piece of misinfo which caused concern and led to a lot of criticism of the trust and Morgan Stanley. Then we hear that trust has scheduled meetings with about different 8 groups. So much for Kryk's and Graham's theories about saving face, and desperately trying to drum up competition.

No attempt to frame events in the context of a process.

Does he live in the same market as the Panthers or Lightning? If so, NFL rules state that he must move his residence or sell the Sabres if he lives in another hockey market.

GO BILLS!!!

http://blogs.canoe.c...am-sources-say/

The bolded is just asinine. Submit a new competitive non-binding preliminary bid or you can't continue in the process was interpreted as the above?? Its this type of crap which intentionally or otherwise has fueled hysteria on this board. The rest of the piece revolved around numbers which may or may not be accurate.

The Forbes stuff is god awful and requires no further comments.

Then theres Graham.

http://bills.buffalo...way-bills-race/

By isn't technically over do you mean has barely !@#$ing begun???

Another piece of misinfo which caused concern and led to a lot of criticism of the trust and Morgan Stanley. Then we hear that trust has scheduled meetings with about different 8 groups. So much for Kryk's and Graham's theories about saving face, and desperately trying to drum up competition.

No attempt to frame events in the context of a process.

Media has been a joke covering this. People are eating these articles up so they keep putting them out.