Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought JBJ's letter in the Buffalo News showed incompetence. Instead of talking about spending as much time on the ground as needed, he should have said that he is looking forward to becoming a part of the community.

I thought JBJ's letter in the Buffalo News showed incompetence. Instead of talking about spending as much time on the ground as needed, he should have said that he is looking forward to becoming a part of the community.

It sure did. And supposedly he's some genius whose skills shouldn't be underestimated!

I realize the Wilson estate is due as much as it can get in the sale of the team, and God knows I'm grateful for RW for BILLS football and for doing a great deal to insure long-term commitment to the Buffalo and WNY area, but could this all end please?! I hope the estate and trust group see Pegula's bid as the only true, legitimate bid that will pay them fair market value for the team, while having an owner with chops and credibility to demonstrate his desire to not only keep the team in Buffalo for the purposes of languishing in the NFL, but to a real commitment to being a champion caliber team and franchise.....

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/2014/08/07/21860451.html

At what point does the trust tell the Toronto group, Thanks but no thanks, your interest has been appreciated but have a nice day. From what I understand as long as JBJ is the lead man for the group they cannot compete financialy and if his letter in the Buff. news last week is any indication, you can only imagine how slick a letter from an attorney to the trust concerning not relocating the team would be worded. They apparantly think they can continue to bluff there way through the process.

http://slam.canoe.ca...7/21860451.html

At what point does the trust tell the Toronto group, Thanks but no thanks, your interest has been appreciated but have a nice day. From what I understand as long as JBJ is the lead man for the group they cannot compete financialy and if his letter in the Buff. news last week is any indication, you can only imagine how slick a letter from an attorney to the trust concerning not relocating the team would be worded. They apparantly think they can continue to bluff there way through the process.

At this point they are just stringing them along to keep an extra bidder in the mix. I wouldn't be surprised if the Toronto group ends up pulling their bid. They are looking pretty stupid right about now

Buffalo Rumblings@BuffRumblings 25m

One of @JohnKryk's sources disagrees w/ @ByTimGraham's report there are 8 bid groups for #Bills. "It's all crap." http://www.buffaloru...orting …

makes sense, seems like a fake leak. one min everyone is laughing about how nobody wants to buy the Bills and then the next there are rumors about 8 bidders. seemed like a PR move from the start

At this point they are just stringing them along to keep an extra bidder in the mix. I wouldn't be surprised if the Toronto group ends up pulling their bid. They are looking pretty stupid right about now

I can't imagine it helps them in a future bid for another team either. Thay have a bit of a black eye at this point IMHO.

I realize the Wilson estate is due as much as it can get in the sale of the team, and God knows I'm grateful for RW for BILLS football and for doing a great deal to insure long-term commitment to the Buffalo and WNY area, but could this all end please?! I hope the estate and trust group see Pegula's bid as the only true, legitimate bid that will pay them fair market value for the team, while having an owner with chops and credibility to demonstrate his desire to not only keep the team in Buffalo for the purposes of languishing in the NFL, but to a real commitment to being a champion caliber team and franchise.....

Over the next month, qualified bidders will be doing their due diligence and meeting with the trust. Once bidders have had the opportunity to review the team's financial statements, which they were just issued, they will submit formal bids. This phase will take at least 3 weeks according to the AP. After formal bids have been submitted, the trust will deliberate for as long as they see fit. No amount of complaining is going to change the speed at which the process moves along.

Over the next month, qualified bidders will be doing their due diligence and meeting with the trust. Once bidders have had the opportunity to review the team's financial statements, which they were just issued, they will submit formal bids. This phase will take at least 3 weeks according to the AP. After formal bids have been submitted, the trust will deliberate for as long as they see fit. No amount of complaining is going to change the speed at which the process moves along.

This sums up where they are in the process. This thread should be locked and a Round 3 thread should be created/pinned when all formal bids have been submitted.

Essentially nothing involving the actual sale has to do with PR, at least on the Bills/trust's end. Perhaps at this point JBJ and Trump are playing the PR game, but that is related to their "brands" and not directly tied to buying the Bills.

There have always been a decent number of suitors (more than 4 most often mentioned). Some of the sources and reporters may be caught up in the distinction btw bidder/suitor/"interested party."

I heard on good authority that Jimbo is NOT aligned with Gundlach, so it will be interesting to see whose group Jimbo joins, if it is ever revealed.