New sale of team thread

The team will only be sold to someone that will be keeping them in WNY. I only know of a couple of them and they have no intention of moving the Bills. The trust will not sell to someone that plans on moving the team!!! I feel like I have to put this in every post.

These groups have all been in it from the beginning. These are not a bunch of poachers that are coming in late to try to move the team to Toronto, LA, etc... The group is going to pick the buyer that best meets their objectives. They really have 2 objectives. Get as much money as they can and keep the team in WNY. They will not sacrifice keeping the team here for a little more money as everyone seems to fear. It will not happen.

You should just make that first paragraph your Sig. :P

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team will only be sold to someone that will be keeping them in WNY. I only know of a couple of them and they have no intention of moving the Bills. The trust will not sell to someone that plans on moving the team!!! I feel like I have to put this in every post.

These groups have all been in it from the beginning. These are not a bunch of poachers that are coming in late to try to move the team to Toronto, LA, etc... The group is going to pick the buyer that best meets their objectives. They really have 2 objectives. Get as much money as they can and keep the team in WNY. They will not sacrifice keeping the team here for a little more money as everyone seems to fear. It will not happen.

+1

The bottomline is that the BUFFALO Bills are a business which has the $ generated by 45,000+ season ticket holders, the $ generated by 20,000+ individual ticket buyers, the $ generated by millions of $ from local advertising, and hundreds of millions already contracted and lkely to be spent in corporate welfare to keep the BUFFALO Bills here.

If the NFL were to move the franchise then none of this money goes with the team. Sure, with a lot of work this money gets replaced + with Toronto folk, but why give away these Buffalo billions for marginally bigger Toronto franchise hen you do not have to and the NFL can have both.

The NFL has a veto over whether any buyer is eligible. The NFL is having to provide life support to keep the Toronto bid alive and is only doing so because it keeps the price of the Bills being bid up.

Pretty much bank on it the franchise stays here.

the NFL would simply be giving away $ when it does not have to. The NFL don't give away money.

My thinking is the remaining five that we don't know cant'e be much of a threat to Pegs. If they were as cash flush as Pegula, then Morgan Stanley would not have allowed the JBJ group to rebid because they would have a bidding war already and wouldn't need them. Guessing the rest of the pack is so weak that they needed JBJ to stay and drive the price up.

My thinking is the remaining five that we don't know cant'e be much of a threat to Pegs. If they were as cash flush as Pegula, then Morgan Stanley would not have allowed the JBJ group to rebid because they would have a bidding war already and wouldn't need them. Guessing the rest of the pack is so weak that they needed JBJ to stay and drive the price up.

From what I've been told, that's not entirely the case.

I still think Pegula is the odds-on favorite, but if the info is reliable--and I have no reason to suspect otherwise--there is at least one other group with massive amounts of wealth at their disposal.

It's amazing that with all the great sources and media reports, tweets and postings over the past week that we've gone from 3 to 8 bidders in a blink of the eye.

At this point, I'm not sure anyone really knows what is going on except those specifically involved in this maddening process. :wallbash:

It's amazing that with all the great sources and media reports, tweets and postings over the past week that we've gone from 3 to 8 bidders in a blink of the eye.

At this point, I'm not sure anyone really knows what is going on except those specifically involved in this maddening process. :wallbash:

To be fair, some media were not fooled by the "only 3 bidders" talk...

John Wawrow@john_wawrow Jul 30

Only 3 bids might be speculative.

The process isn't "maddening" if you simply stop overreacting to every little twist and turn--all which are quite normal and to be expected in a transaction of this type. It's likely there is another month, or so, to go before the final decision is made. And longer before it is officially announced. It would be terrible if someone had a nervous breakdown related to this issue, especially if that someone has nothing to do with the process (and apparently no understanding of it.).

I'm thinking the best thing you can do is, step away from the keyboard for awhile --for your own good (and the good of the thread, quite frankly).. Avoid news of the sale, as best you can. Check in some time in September for an update. I think you will sleep better. And Kirby and the others, won't have to repeat themselves several times a day.

The process isn't "maddening" if you simply stop overreacting to every little twist and turn--all which are quite normal and to be expected in a transaction of this type. It's likely there is another month, or so, to go before the final decision is made. And longer before it is officially announced. It would be terrible if someone had a nervous breakdown related to this issue, especially if that someone has nothing to do with the process (and apparently no understanding of it.).

I'm thinking the best thing you can do is, step away from the keyboard for awhile --for your own good (and the good of the thread, quite frankly).. Avoid news of the sale, as best you can. Check in some time in September for an update. I think you will sleep better. And Kirby and the others, won't have to repeat themselves several times a day.

The voice of reason.

Besides, there are plenty of other things over which impatient fans can gnash their teeth -- the Marrone Terseness Report, for one...or EJ's Body Language Analyzer, for another.

Lots to go around.

The voice of reason.

Besides, there are plenty of other things over which impatient fans can gnash their teeth -- the Marrone Terseness Report, for one...or EJ's Body Language Analyzer, for another.

Lots to go around.

D5168D6F-2B73-4AB8-9901-393B0C8B4C8F_zpsc9x6ud86.gif

This has always been more than a 3 horse race. There are other legit contenders (and have always been). Pegula should still be considered the favorite but not a given.

If the Gundlach/Kelly alliance is a reality I'm not sure about Pegula being the favorite. I think anyone with Kelly involved immediately becomes the favorite in my mind.

No one has explained so far why the NFL would so blithely walk away from the 100s of millions of dollars that would not be able to follow the franchise to Toronto. This is particularly the case when the articulated strategy of the NFL is to expand the product and the NFL can have both the already captured millions from the Buffalo franchise AND the likely but as yet uncaptured $ from a Toronto franchise.

Why would the NFL which clearly is motivated by getting $ walk away from the already captured 100s of millions from the Buffalo franchise?

I guess I'm wondering why Kelly would jump in with Gundlach at this time. They must know they have no shot vs. Pegula and if everyone's intentions are to keep the team in town then why even try and bid against him? They are just going to drive the selling price up and that is money we could be putting towards a new stadium.

Pegula basically talking trash towards other prospective buyers telling them there is a whole lot more where that $1.75 billion came from, that he isn't going anywhere, and to bring it.

Love it.

I guess I'm wondering why Kelly would jump in with Gundlach at this time. They must know they have no shot vs. Pegula and if everyone's intentions are to keep the team in town then why even try and bid against him? They are just going to drive the selling price up and that is money we could be putting towards a new stadium.

I disagree completely. Anyone with Kelly on the team has not only a shot, but a good shot in my opinion. Look at who the trustees are and their relationship with Kelly.

As to why Kelly would, one guess is he asked Pegula and Pegula said no. Or Kelly thinks Pegula would not be a good owner for the Bills. Only guesses of course.

Another wildcard is Golisano. He could hookup with them as well which would give this group more than enough bank to compete with Pegula.

The permutations are endless :)

Regardless, this group would keep the Bills in Buffalo as well so all is still well.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Pegula basically talking trash towards other prospective buyers telling them there is a whole lot more where that $1.75 billion came from, that he isn't going anywhere, and to bring it.

Love it.

Where do you get Pegula talking trash out of that?

That is not what the article says.

There are 8 groups that signed the NDA and will receive a financial presentation FROM the Bills TO the POTENTIAL Bidder.

This was talked about previously as part of the process.

It doesn't mean there are 8 active bidders.

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 4m

It's estimated that Jeffrey Gunlach's net worth is around $1B. Terry Pegula, $3.3B a few months ago. Also, Pegula just sold land for $1.75B

Gundlach has absolutely cleaned up this year in the markets. I think that estimate might just be a little out of date. No way he's as rich as Terry but he still might be able to put together a good bid. We'll see.

I disagree completely. Anyone with Kelly on the team has not only a shot, but a good shot in my opinion. Look at who the trustees are and their relationship with Kelly.

As to why Kelly would, one guess is he asked Pegula and Pegula said no. Or Kelly thinks Pegula would not be a good owner for the Bills. Only guesses of course.

At the end of the day they can't compete with Pegula in the $ department. Are they really going to leave hundreds of millions of dollars on the table because they think Jim Kelly is a swell guy? All this is doing is driving the price up higher. It's good for the trust but in the end it is only hurting our chances of getting a new stadium

This is right from the article

While the existence of unnamed potential buyers will make Bills fans nervous because those buyers could be based in cities like Los Angeles, the rejection of Bon Jovi’s initial bid based in part of the lack of sufficient assurances that the team won’t move should be interpreted as very good news for folks who want the team to stay put in Buffalo.

8 groups to sit down with the Bills in round

2 to see all the Bills books.

Can not be good. I rather have 3 buyers in round 2 then 8 buyers.

How did this change so quickly over night

At the end of the day they can't compete with Pegula in the $ department. Are they really going to leave hundreds of millions of dollars on the table because they think Jim Kelly is a swell guy? All this is doing is driving the price up higher. It's good for the trust but in the end it is only hurting our chances of getting a new stadium

Nothing says they are on the only 2 in the group so who can say what they can or cannot bid.

I would not expect the trustees to pass up hundreds of millions of dollars. But all other things being equal, do you think they pick a team with Kelly, or without?

Edited by CodeMonkey