New sale of team thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any NDA written like that is unenforceable and just as bad as not having one at all.

I work in R&D environments and as such come across them all the time. Most are well written and fairly boilerplate.

And I can't speak for the trust and these alleged leaks, but any company worth anything enforces them to the limit of the law if they need to as their livelihood can hang in the balance.

If these leaks are real, and are against the NDA, expect significant legal action. If there is none, it probably means that the alleged leaks are either not against the terms of the NDA, or are nothing but fiction.

Doubtful on legal action. Why alienate bidders? Would deflate price. Also, based on subject statements, good luck proving damages.

I sometimes get all tinfoil hat mode and think that there is some inside conspiracy afoot to get the Toronto group to win this bid. I mean, they CANNOT be this incompetent and tone deaf, can they?

Then I realize: yes they can, and they are. Just Googling some of those names and reading about the utter dysfunction in the Rogers/MLSE marriage will make you feel better. These guys, while they are wealthy and powerful, are also seemingly inept at NFL related stuff. Every initiative, proposal, series, etc. they touch with regards to the NFL turns into a circus.

I sometimes get all tinfoil hat mode and think that there is some inside conspiracy afoot to get the Toronto group to win this bid. I mean, they CANNOT be this incompetent and tone deaf, can they?

Then I realize: yes they can, and they are. Just Googling some of those names and reading about the utter dysfunction in the Rogers/MLSE marriage will make you feel better. These guys, while they are wealthy and powerful, are also seemingly inept at NFL related stuff. Every initiative, proposal, series, etc. they touch with regards to the NFL turns into a circus.

This guy stands in front of 20,000 people and, without a hint of irony, declares that he's a cowboy. On a steel horse, he rides.

He's got no self awareness.

This guy stands in front of 20,000 people and, without a hint of irony, declares that he's a cowboy. On a steel horse, he rides.

He's got no self awareness.

"I'm a Biiiiiill. On a steel buffalo I ride..."

i wonder when the next bit of news will leak. the suspense is killing me. anyone know the plan of action? are they meeting with the bidders in person this week or something?

I would not expect to hear too much too soon (unless you hear from some other groups). The 3 that submitted preliminary bids are sifting through the new info now. The plan is still to have the new owner confirmed in October.

I would not expect to hear too much too soon (unless you hear from some other groups). The 3 that submitted preliminary bids are sifting through the new info now. The plan is still to have the new owner confirmed in October.

I think, as I recall, the idea is to have one finalist picked by the end of August. I'm not sure if I remember that correctly, though.

I think, as I recall, the idea is to have one finalist picked by the end of August. I'm not sure if I remember that correctly, though.

I'm guessing here, but Labor Day Weekend seems to make sense for some type of announcement (perhaps not new owner named, but at least some type of narrowing of focus).

i wonder when the next bit of news will leak. the suspense is killing me. anyone know the plan of action? are they meeting with the bidders in person this week or something?

per kryk, Morgan Stanley is supposed to meet in person with each bidder this week and next to go more in-depth into the financials. After that, we should see the poop start to hit the fan with some actual bids and the best and final offers. I would think that if nobody else enters the fray, we should/could see that step wrap up rather quickly.

per kryk, Morgan Stanley is supposed to meet in person with each bidder this week and next to go more in-depth into the financials. After that, we should see the poop start to hit the fan with some actual bids and the best and final offers. I would think that if nobody else enters the fray, we should/could see that step wrap up rather quickly.

I would be very surprised if no one else enters the fray.

One thing I dont understand about JBJ wanting to be the primary owner is that isn't being an NFL owner a full time job?

Would he stop performing and touring to focus on his team?

How can an owner remain plugged in to their team if they are always on tour?

CBF

Some owners are more hands-on than others so it would be up to him whether it was a full or part time gig for him. As for him being "plugged-in," I can't imagine that would be an issue given the technology available.

And who knows? he's not getting younger; maybe his intention is to not tour quite as much?

I see your logic. But why waste time and money with an NDA that you have no intention of enforcing? And why would anyone with half a brain who signed it, risk leaking? It doesn't make any sense.

You may well be right. But my opinion is still that the leaks are nothing but bull ****. We will almost certainly never know for sure.

The "leaks" have been printed in public newspapers. Are you saying that the letters from Trump's lawyer and Bon Jovi don't exist, or that they don't go against the terms of the NDA?

Edited by Captain Caveman

The "leaks" have been printed in public newspapers. Are you saying that the letters from Trump's lawyer and Bon Jovi don't exist, or that they don't go against the terms of the NDA?

There has been a lot more supposedly "leaked" than just those public letters. I am talking about things like the amounts of the non-binding bids for example, and the supposed terms the trust has imposed. Things like that, not the PR letters.