New sale of team thread

90% of my Brandon issues disappear if he is relegated to non-football activities. Right now, he isn't. With new owner, best case for him is in a Ted Black type role with little or no involvement with on-the-field product. I think Pegula hires Todd France to run Football operations and he'll be judge over GM/HC.

Sorry, Kelso, when I said retreads, I thought it was self-explanatory, I meant largely unsuccessful or NFL coaches that haven't been HC's in a while (i.e. Jauron, Gailey)

We can get back to new ownership talk, I think we all are firmly entrenched in our positions on Mr. Brandon.

What makes you think he hires Todd France, just out of the blue conjecture, or is this something you have heard from someone involved. He's a very successful agent. Not sure why he would want to leave that business if he is at the top of his profession (although the agency business is such a crappy business I can imagine, but usually guys that are in it love it.)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. It almost seems like with the coaches that they've hired over that span, that they've either won or lost every single game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What makes you think he hires Todd France, just out of the blue conjecture, or is this something you have heard from someone involved. He's a very successful agent. Not sure why he would want to leave that business if he is at the top of his profession (although the agency business is such a crappy business I can imagine, but usually guys that are in it love it.)

Doesn't Pegula own France's shop? Possible connection there. Also Lon Babby made a similar move in the NBA from agent to team president.

I have good source that is connected with Sabres, as well as some conjecture on my part. At a minimum, France is key advisor on football side, the two have a ton of mutual respect for one another and Pegula has demonstrated tendency (to a fault) to want his own guys. I also think Pegs learned a lesson (or two) with Sabres that he'll implement with Bills. France is very well respected and extremely knowledgeable on other team's FO's. I do think Brandon will be involved in a transition, but I also heard from a different source, that Brandon has his eyes on an NFL post longer term, so, if I had to bet, I think he stays for a transition and then lands somewhere on Goodell's staff.

@BMaz1: Sen. Schumer on Bon Jovi letter: "Good words are nice, but they are not sufficient. We need an iron-clad commitment..."

BTW, Peter King mentioned JBJ letter in this morning's MMQB, called him out in 10 things:

"5. I think the one statement Jon Bon Jovi--one of three bidders to buy the Bills--didn't make in his painfully well-crafted letter to Bills fans that appeared in the Buffalo News was this: I will not move the Bills if and when I buy them.; Everything else is fluff."

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

I have good source that is connected with Sabres, as well as some conjecture on my part. At a minimum, France is key advisor on football side, the two have a ton of mutual respect for one another and Pegula has demonstrated tendency (to a fault) to want his own guys. I also think Pegs learned a lesson (or two) with Sabres that he'll implement with Bills. France is very well respected and extremely knowledgeable on other team's FO's. I do think Brandon will be involved in a transition, but I also heard from a different source, that Brandon has his eyes on an NFL post longer term, so, if I had to bet, I think he stays for a transition and then lands somewhere on Goodell's staff.

Thx, Tx. France is known to be pretty smart. I just don't see Brandon either wanting to move on, nor Pegula wanting him to. He's great at his job and a valuable cog. He's also shown time and time again to be a trusted soldier. There is no reason to believe he wouldn't carry out Terry's wishes the exact same way he carried out Ralphie's. Pegula would be stupid to insert his own guy into that position, and I don't believe a word that Brandon says. ;)

BTW, Peter King mentioned JBJ letter in this morning's MMQB, called him out in 10 things:

"5. I think the one statement Jon Bon Jovi--one of three bidders to buy the Bills--didn't make in his painfully well-crafted letter to Bills fans that appeared in the Buffalo News was this: I will not move the Bills if and when I buy them.; Everything else is fluff."

Which is why it wasn't "painfully well-crafted," PK, it was painfully transparent.

@ByTimGraham: The Buffalo News has obtained Bills' non-disclosure agreement, and Bon Jovi's letter appears to have breached it http://t.co/s4Q3mD5m30

Perhaps the best article we have seen thus far from Tim Graham (or anyone connected to the Buffalo News). Kudos to Tim. So far, John Kryk and John Wawrow have been the ones breaking news on this.

I wonder if JBJ also breached the non-disclosure agreement by speaking with people from the NFL this past weekend.

I really hope that the Trust recognizes all of this as a breach and does not advance JBJ to the next round. His group (reportedly) did not submit the highest initial bid or is able to meet or exceed what the Pegulas (reportedly) put on the table already.

I hope the Trust realizes they it can do what is right and sell the team to the people who everyone wants to see buy the team and, in the process, make an absolute fortune and be heroes in the Buffalo community and among Bills fans forever.

If the Trust (and Morgan Stanley) decides to waive this breach (in addition to extending the "soft" deadline) and ends up selling to JBJ or others who are not fully committed to Buffalo and Western New York, I think my head is going to explode.

Just my two cents.

Perhaps the best article we have seen thus far from Tim Graham (or anyone connected to the Buffalo News). Kudos to Tim. So far, John Kryk and John Wawrow have been the ones breaking news on this.

I wonder if JBJ also breached the non-disclosure agreement by speaking with people from the NFL this past weekend.

I really hope that the Trust recognizes all of this as a breach and does not advance JBJ to the next round. His group (reportedly) did not submit the highest initial bid or is able to meet or exceed what the Pegulas (reportedly) put on the table already.

I hope the Trust realizes they it can do what is right and sell the team to the people who everyone wants to see buy the team and, in the process, make an absolute fortune and be heroes in the Buffalo community and among Bills fans forever.

If the Trust (and Morgan Stanley) decides to waive this breach (in addition to extending the "soft" deadline) and ends up selling to JBJ or others who are not fully committed to Buffalo and Western New York, I think my head is going to explode.

Just my two cents.

I think there would be a lot of question to answer and a lot of legality to wade through. I would suspect that TP could sue and perhaps prevent that sale.

Its funny ... I doubt in his wildest dream Ralph would not have thought the team would sell for what TP is offering. If this were a private sale my assumption is it would be done already. Also, does anyone else think in this era of technology a candidate should have to wait for an owner's meeting to vote on membership? Talk about a stupid waiting period.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

Just my two cents.

You summed my thoughts up as well. Pegula is doing everything right. Sitting back quietly waiting for answer. Submitted his bid on time. Hasn't remained tight lipped. JBJ reminds me of the dumb ass in high school that always got things he wanted from the teachers or students because he was a star....%^$# off !@#$, you screwed up. No soup for you!! Edited by BringBackFergy

Here's what I found interesting about the NDA:

The agreement prevents possible buyers from sharing such confidential Bills information as financial statements, sales data, budgets and studies "with any other person, including other potential bidders and equity or debt financing sources ... regarding a possible transaction" with the Bills.

Really tilting the tables in favor of cash-heavy buyers, especially considering that stadium financing would be something that a prospective buyer would likely look into as part of their due diligence.