]Marrone will bring in QB K. Orton...according to nobody

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We could. But the OP should take this as a learning lesson on how to write a good topic title.

Can we have it changed and simply add an insult that he'd want to delete? I think most are clicking on it thinking marrone actually implied it, not that the OP is challenged.

Regardless of the thread title the point is that we are in trouble if this is a precursor to how our QBs play. I agree, EJ was pathetic and if Lewis is even close to playing like he did in this game then get rid of him. As far as Tuel goes he was leaps and bounds better than anything he did last year but talk about locking on to a WR! This guy went with his first option and never looked anywheres else! EJ needs to start playing some football and learn how to double pump a freaking football or this season is gonna go right into the toilet!

Regardless of the thread title the point is that we are in trouble if this is a precursor to how our QBs play. I agree, EJ was pathetic and if Lewis is even close to playing like he did in this game then get rid of him. As far as Tuel goes he was leaps and bounds better than anything he did last year but talk about locking on to a WR! This guy went with his first option and never looked anywheres else! EJ needs to start playing some football and learn how to double pump a freaking football or this season is gonna go right into the toilet!

Not really true. Tuel looked very good last pre-season, which is part of the reason for the "tuelamnia" that overtook this board for about two weeks, when it appeared that he might be our opening day QB. And, sure, it would have been cool, great even, if EJ had come in and put up better numbers...but even if he had, people would still be bitching. Last night, it looked to me (keeping in mind that EJ is still the work in progress that the Bills told us they drafted) that the emphasis for EJ was to get the ball off fast...he didn't hold onto the ball at all...a big criticism of the I Hate EJ fan-boys. He got 3 passes blocked, true, in my opinion, part the result of this "quick release" plan that Hackett has for him...I know, the OP has had a hard-on for EJ for some time, but really people, let things marinade a little. If everything and everyone is as awful as you think (hope?) it turns out to be, you will have a good 8 months solid of "I told you so" time... I am going to venture a guess that Manuel plays a little longer next weekend, puts up better numbers (maybe even good numbers) and people will still rag on him...don't forget, this is practice..

I don't know what's worse the thread or the whining about the title of it

Oh, most definitely the thread title! :rolleyes:

Not really true. Tuel looked very good last pre-season, which is part of the reason for the "tuelamnia" that overtook this board for about two weeks, when it appeared that he might be our opening day QB. And, sure, it would have been cool, great even, if EJ had come in and put up better numbers...but even if he had, people would still be bitching. Last night, it looked to me (keeping in mind that EJ is still the work in progress that the Bills told us they drafted) that the emphasis for EJ was to get the ball off fast...he didn't hold onto the ball at all...a big criticism of the I Hate EJ fan-boys. He got 3 passes blocked, true, in my opinion, part the result of this "quick release" plan that Hackett has for him...I know, the OP has had a hard-on for EJ for some time, but really people, let things marinade a little. If everything and everyone is as awful as you think (hope?) it turns out to be, you will have a good 8 months solid of "I told you so" time... I am going to venture a guess that Manuel plays a little longer next weekend, puts up better numbers (maybe even good numbers) and people will still rag on him...don't forget, this is practice..

Oh, most definitely the thread title! :rolleyes:

EJ had a higher qb rating (playing against starters) than Tuel did in both the preseason & regular season.

Tuel mania was started by impatient idiots.

And I always thought Orton was all right. He basically is Fitz. He can win you a few games in a pinch but if he's your every game starter, you're a .500 at best team.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

So other than Orton, who are the best available veteran QBs out there? I see Matt Flynn is back in GB, Tarvaris Jackson back in Seattle ...

This is really not the time to go QB shopping.

We could. But the OP should take this as a learning lesson on how to write a good topic title.

Sorry, I amended the title before reading this.

edit...I'm not really sorry, but it seemed like the right thing to say

Edited by Beerball

Manuel wasn't terrible. Looked below average in the 7 attempts but hardly horrible, low completion percentage pass, a TD dropped and 2 decent plays mixed with some batted down passes, guess we should cut last years 1st round QB now.

It was the HOF game. 10 games and a preseason game and this guy is almost as hated as Tebow.

Once again for those who need reminding, it's PRESEASON. 7 attempts is HARDLY a good enough read for this season OBD experts.

Pretty misleading title. However of Coach Marrone DID bring in Kyle Orton, my opinion of him go waaaaaaaaaay up.

I know Kyle is football fans everywhere's favorite guy to kick around. But 83 TDs and 58 picks in 70 starts is nothing to sneeze at. A real QB who could hook up with the real WRs we got.

Not saying EJ is not good, but when EJ gets hurt I'd feel a lot better with Kyle under center than Tuel Time or Big Bad Thad.

Pretty misleading title. However of Coach Marrone DID bring in Kyle Orton, my opinion of him go waaaaaaaaaay up.

I know Kyle is football fans everywhere's favorite guy to kick around. But 83 TDs and 58 picks in 70 starts is nothing to sneeze at. A real QB who could hook up with the real WRs we got.

Not saying EJ is not good, but when EJ gets hurt I'd feel a lot better with Kyle under center than Tuel Time or Big Bad Thad.

Haha. I forgot you're the world's biggest Orton fan. How happy would you be if that happens? :) (there's a rumor the bears might want him back).

FYI, compare Orton's rookie year against EJ's. You'd be surprised. Qbs take time.

http://www.nfl.com/player/kyleorton/2506444/careerstats