CANADA DOES NOT WANT THE BILLS

88what

we love them, but we love them in buffalo.. why do you think we come to the games? the atmosphere, the cheap american beer and the tailgating. you don't have that in canada and never will.... i'm getting so frustrated with most of bills nation thinking were trying to steal your team, we're not and we understand why... you have serious trust issues

we love them, but we love them in buffalo.. why do you think we come to the games? the atmosphere, the cheap american beer and the tailgating. you don't have that in canada and never will.... i'm getting so frustrated with most of bills nation thinking were trying to steal your team, we're not and we understand why... you have serious trust issues

It's not you dude it is Jon Bon Jersey.

All I Have to say is why do you drink cheap American beer? Yuck.

I don't think it's personal, most Bills fans I know love having our friends come down from Canada to hang out, joke about the Leafs and Sabres, and cheer the Bills.

And while most Canadians don't want to see the team in TO, a consortium of executives from MLSE & Rogers maneuvering ought to make any Bills fan - Canadian or American - more than little nervous.

Canada is awesome, and most of Canada is against Toronto getting any NFL team, much less the Bills!

Never in my life have I had a bad time in Canada and in particular TO. great city, great country.

Vancouver BC is my favorite Canadian city. Used to love taking the train to see the Sabres Habs games too.

What he means is that no matter what beer you drink it is cheaper to buy in America than it is in Canada.

What I'm saying is Canadian beer brewed in Canada, is better than Canadian beer brewed in USA.

Alcohol content everything, but that a personal choice I guess.

Plus the choices are far better in Canada. Molson Stock Ale being just a single example.

Canada is awesome, and most of Canada is against Toronto getting any NFL team, much less the Bills!

Have you noticed there has not been one news story about Toronto fans being excited about the NFL in TO? I went to the Fan590 website yesterday, the day the bids were made, and that story was nowhere to be found. What does that tell you?

Have you noticed there has not been one news story about Toronto fans being excited about the NFL in TO? I went to the Fan590 website yesterday, the day the bids were made, and that story was nowhere to be found. What does that tell you?

Good point!

And I agree: Rush > Bon Jovi!

Those guys are cool dudes too!

People there probably just aren't following it like we are. JBJ just wants to be a member of the big boys club, but his partners are very experienced in sports ownership. Don't think for a second they haven't done their homework with a billion dollar investment on the line.

Or, maybe the press in Canada just doesn't print speculation as much as their US counterparts do.

People there probably just aren't following it like we are. JBJ just wants to be a member of the big boys club, but his partners are very experienced in sports ownership. Don't think for a second they haven't done their homework with a billion dollar investment on the line.

Or, maybe the press in Canada just doesn't print speculation as much as their US counterparts do.

What speculation? Talk to fans. Get a temperature. Talk to the media. Are Torontonians excited about being in the NFL? From what I can tell, not in the least. Any other city and there would some buzz, even over just rumor.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What speculation? Talk to fans. Get a temperature. Talk to the media. Are Torontonians excited about being in the NFL? From what I can tell, not in the least. Any other city and there would some buzz, even over just rumor.

Just look at the ill-fated Toronto series as an example of the Bills being in TO. That's all I need to know the Bills in Toronto is a terrible idea.

I am from western Canada and I have never been to a Bills' game. When I do, it will be in Buffalo, where it should be.

The only problem that I have between the U.S.and Canada is the fact that the border is no longer open,and free. The Canadians are the best friends that the United States ever had, and the fact that you now need a "special" license, or a Passport to travel between the two countries, is a disgrace. Get over this "terrorist" NONSENSE, already!!!!!!!!

I'm a Jays and Leafs fan and I can tell you the sentiment among many, many Toronto sports fans is that they want nothing to do with ripping a storied, beloved franchise like the Bills out of its city. NFL in Toronto some day? Maybe, but they'd rather have an expansion team. Or at least a franchise that didn't come from 2 hours down the road.

After all, they also know something about blind, undying devotion to a team that hasn't won a championship since the 1960s.

To our Canadian friends, no worries. We love you guys and never ever has anyone I've spoken to bashed the fans for the Toronto scare.

We just love our team as deeply as GB And Pittsburgh. To think of us housed somewhere else makes us sick to our stomachs. I'm with PTR in that I don't see any buzz to get the team inToronto from the fans there.

I still believe we'll be under Pegula soon and this will all end soon.

To our buddies to the great white north, keep coming down for the games, have fun, and enjoy your CFL as I know you guys love it more than Americans understand.

JBJ can go to hell!

It tells me that the Canadien media is yanking on Bills fan's chains. However I believe the NFL wants in across the border and that once they eventually have "their team" they will come around and embrace it, if only for the NFL star power and quality of play.

It is a long term investment I would get in on, just leave the Bills alone!

rogers group and tannenbaum can jump into the whirlpool gorge. bon jovi can....

Edited by jethro_tull

That's a very good point, Promo.

I have a feeling that if there were another team in Toronto, as well as the Bills still in Buffalo, it wouldn't hurt the Bills popularity overall at all. Sure, some Bills fans who live close to Toronto or in Ontario would migrate to their homeland team, but I think most Bills fans would stay Bills fans. I also think that the team in Toronto would draw a lot of non-NFL fans to watch the NFL, and it would get a decent amount of fans to then root for the Bills against the Toronto team, especially ones south of the city, developing a rivalry like the Leafs and the Sabres. So we may not lose many fans at all.

Spent many happy nights in Canada. Used to go to George's Good Food for lunch , get gas and be back downtown Buff all in one lunch hour. Southern Ontario, NF and B-LO are all the same folk. We love our hockey, football and beer. This is not about us, it's about the egos and greed of a few multi millionaires who would rape a city to have a prestigious new toy. Eff'em. JBJ is a POS. Let's hang together and fight the good fight. Go Pegula, go Bills!

Totally get your point, I'm picking up what you're putting down. It's just worth pointing out that the Fan590 is owned by Rogers Sportsnet, so I think they would be expected to stick to the company line of "Bills in Toronto? What Bills in Toronto?" and avoid the story altogether. You know, to keep the heat off the whole relocation question.

Totally get your point, I'm picking up what you're putting down. It's just worth pointing out that the Fan590 is owned by Rogers Sportsnet, so I think they would be expected to stick to the company line of "Bills in Toronto? What Bills in Toronto?" and avoid the story altogether. You know, to keep the heat off the whole relocation question.

You know that is an excellent point. Thanks for pointing it out. I knew Rogers owned them but I never made the connection.

Love our Canadian brothers. You guys are generally awesome fans and a riot to hang out with on game days.

I hope Canada gets a team some day. Just not our team!!!

I hope we never get a team, to be honest. The TO games have proven that. Toronto is huge, but is highly ethnic and is simply not a football city. The NFL belongs in the continental US. Period.

Canadians seem like a good bunch. But by "Canadians" I mean most Canadians. Not anyone affiliated with the ownership of the Rogers group. :angry: There are plenty of filthy rich Americans I don't trust; and the ownership of Rogers seems cut from the same cloth. :(

Right now the speculation is that even if the JBJ group wins, they will keep the team in WNY (if people here believe that obviously is another matter altogether).

So what is there for the people in Toronto to get excited about or generate some "buzz" over?

Canada is a great country. Like a forest changing with the movement of seasons, Canada is a land of many images. The frozen tundra, the rugged Rocky Mountains, the enchanting and stunningly beautiful parks, and the gentle, rolling Prairie steppes. The culture and society that makes up Canada are rich in tradition and many proud heritages. Torontonians are also never lacking for something exciting to do. But if they are I would prefer that they drive to Buffalo and join us for a Bills game.

THANKS for all the love everyone... giving me goosebumps and squashed my thoughts. btw we can pick up canadian beer at the duty free for your prices but its our beer... you can only buy duty free if you are on the way out of the country :P LETS GO BUFFALO! PS it looks like Pegula is gonna take it anyways :)