What is better, no guns, or more guns?

5 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

It would seem to reason that if arming teachers had the intended outcome of deterring shootings at schools that the perps would just then pick a mall, park, etc. where there isn't an armed deterrent. How it isn't obvious that this solution is ridiculous and simply a bandaid is beyond reason. 

Using the the same flawed logic that arming teachers is the answer only serves to bring about the arming of every citizen, which is exactly what the NRA wants.

Yep. They’d just find another soft target. Well said. 

The only thing left to do is go back to old school ways. 

1. Don’t have children unless you’re married. 

2. Make the cost of living affordable again so that one parent can stay home with the kids. 

3. Raise your children properly. Be on top of them. No more laptops or mobile devices. Keep a computer in the living room or family room so you can see what your kids are up to on the internet. Same with a TV. 

4. Speak to your kids regularly. Teach them about morals and ethics. 

These four things will go a long way in improving the society in which we all live in. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

1. It's dependent on several factors, most important being the level of training.  Ambush/counter ambush, ammunition, awareness, having a plan, putting the first shot on target.  Armed good guys win the fight against armed bad guys every day.  I'd lay money on a well-trained concealed carrier up against a random nutbag with a rifle in a close quarters setting any day.

2. Depends on the state (and the weapon?  I'm not sure but I assume you're talking about handguns).  Some states require a simple pistol safety class.  Some require that you take an "advanced" class on carrying concealed.  No state that I'm aware of requires any sort of CQC-type training.  Many states don't allow someone under 21 to buy a handgun.  I assume whoever wants teachers to carry concealed would want them to take CQC and active shooter training in the context of carrying a concealed handgun.

3. In theory this wouldn't be mandatory so they would pay for their own weapon, ammo, and training.  I'm sure there are plenty of firearms and tactics instructors who would be happy to give discounted classes specifically for teachers.

Weird, I manage to reload my AR all the time and it's never killed anyone.  I should send it back to the manufacturer I guess, must be a defect.  Better turn in my hammers, lord knows after a few blows I could wreck someone's teeth and face enough to make them non identifiable.

"I don't want to take good people's guns away.  I just want to take good people's guns away."  Good work, hoss.

I claimed I wont and cant understand why you would want an AR-15 for fun.   Good work on comprehension HOSS!

Here is the law passed in Maryland and upheld by federal District court.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Maryland

On April 4, 2013, the Maryland General Assembly approved legislation imposing significant new restrictions on gun ownership. The bills ban the sale of certain semi-automatic firearms that they define as assault weapons, limit magazine capacity to ten rounds, require that handgun purchasers be fingerprinted and pass a training class in order to obtain a handgun license, and bar persons who have been involuntarily committed to a mental health institution from possessing firearms. Martin O'Malley Governor at the time, signed the legislation into law on May 16, 2013.[13] Regarding ten round magazine limits for rifles purchased in Maryland, 'standard' 30 round magazines may be purchased outside Maryland and brought into the state for personal use. Those standard magazines may not be transferred, given, sold or manufactured inside Maryland.[14]

As of October 1, 2013, detachable magazines for semi-automatic handguns and semi-automatic centerfire rifles which are capable of holding more than 10 rounds may not be purchased, manufactured or sold, though they may be possessed (but not transferred within the state) by persons who already owned them prior to enactment of the 2013 changes. Magazines greater than ten (10) rounds may be purchased or acquired outside the state and carried into Maryland and used within the state. Certain pistols are classified as "assault pistols", and banned from ownership if not registered prior to August 1, 1994.[2] Only handguns on the official handgun roster[15] may be sold in the state. Private sales of "regulated firearms," which includes handguns, are permissible, but must be done at a local Maryland State Police barracks. As of 1 Oct, a Handgun Qualification License (HQL) is required for the sale, as well as a background check and a mandatory seven-day waiting period. A person must obtain a safety training certificate prior to purchasing "regulated firearms" and present that certificate prior to each purchase. With some limited exceptions,[16] only one "regulated firearm" may be purchased in any 30-day period. Handguns manufactured on or before December 31, 2002 must be sold or transferred with an external safety lock. Handguns manufactured after December 31, 2002 may only be sold or transferred if they have an internal mechanical safety device.[3][4]

20 minutes ago, KW95 said:

I claimed I wont and cant understand why you would want an AR-15 for fun.   Good work on comprehension HOSS!

I don't (well, not exclusively), my AR is also my primary home defense weapon.

I comprehended what you said just fine, despite how contradictory and blindingly stupid it was.  You're a gun-grabber, plain and simple.

5 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I comprehended what you said just fine, despite how contradictory and blindingly stupid it was.  You're a gun-grabber, plain and simple.

LMFAO...god forbid the Rambo wannabe use another firearm to protect his home.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Re: 2; I wasn't sure if every question was in the context of CCW or not, since you had asked about a handgun's chance vs. a rifle in 1.

Re: 3; did Trump say he wanted it to be mandatory?  I haven't closely followed his remarks about all this.

Not sure if it was mandatory or  volunteer...   The man changes his "words" too frequently to keep up.   You know Fake News and all.   

6 hours ago, LA Grant said:

You are an idiot. You're a racist cynical lazy old man and your best anecdotes are about installing Fabio's speaker system and your posts are so vile it almost make me want to like Tim Graham out of spite. TIM GRAHAM!! You idiot. 

Wow. I've been living rent-free in your lazy little noggin for a very long time.

Edited by LABillzFan

....If a potential “sicko shooter” knows that a school has a large number of very weapons talented teachers (and others) who will be instantly shooting, the sicko will NEVER attack that school. Cowards won’t go there...problem solved. Must be offensive, defense alone won’t work!

Todays talented teachers were yesterdays bad teachers 

Currently 

Trump: Arm some teachers to 'fire back if a savage sicko came to a school'

So is this offensive or defensive?   

Trump Tweeted He Never Said "Give Teachers Guns" — Then He Said Teachers Should Have Guns

The president originally made the "concealed carry" proposal Wednesday at a town hall with the families of victims of the Parkland, Florida shooting

The Latest: Trump Tweets Support for NRA, Weighs Gun Limits

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2018-02-22/the-latest-trump-says-guns-only-for-gun-adept-teachers

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

22 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

For a second, I thought you were talking about the cougars who keep grabbing your junk in the bars!!

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

No Rambo, many firearms would suffice for home protection.

Claymores, too.

11 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Yeah, a musket or cannon, like the founders intended, amirite?

Moron.

I used to know a guy who had a 2lb black powder cannon he claimed was for "home protection."

I'm positive he was on a few watch lists.

Would armed teachers really be a deterrent?

How many of these school shooters are expecting to get out of the situation alive? It may end an attack earlier than otherwise, but I see many new issues that others have pointed out. I’m not against armed security or far stricter protocols for entering a school, but I would think you need to pay teachers more if they are all required to be strapped. 

I’m intrigued by Trump’s support of age restrictions. This is already fairly standard for handgun ownership and I imagine wouldn’t be too controversial. 

Edited by Rockpile233

25 minutes ago, garybusey said:

To the right wing militia on this board.. what's the difference between a gun grabber and a communist gun grabber?

Thanks!

There's no difference.  The former simply saves key strokes.  More efficient.

Very similar to how I'm taking the time to respond to you, even though you're an intellectually dishonest dope; where as Tom would simply call you an idiot.  Same end goal, he's just more efficient.

2 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

And which ones won't daddy government come for in the future?

Hey Levi, I thought I read at some point that you are a police officer.  A serious question if that is the case.

Don't more citizens with guns make policing more difficult?  It seems it would make those every day traffic stops more dangerous.  Do you find that most police want less/no restrictions on guns, sort of like yourself, or are more in favor of restrictions?  What are your thoughts?

5 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Would armed teachers really be a deterrent?

How many of these school shooters are expecting to get out of the situation alive? It may end an attack earlier than otherwise, but I see many new issues that others have pointed out. I’m not against armed security or far stricter protocols for entering a school, but I would think you need to pay teachers more if they are all required to be strapped. 

Gun violence is far more common in gun free zones.

Regardless, this still doesn't address the issue, which is mental health.