What is better, no guns, or more guns?

3 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Once again the conversation devolves into mayhem.

I will ask again....how would federal legislation requiring a person be at least 21 to purchase a firearm infringe upon your rights? 

It would infringe on the rights of everyone under the age of 21 directly, and indirectly infringes on the rights of everyone else by ceding the "right" to own a firearm to the government in exchange for the "privilege" of owning a firearm.

4 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I never said, or even implied, that the constitution is a religious document, and I never said it's unthinkable to change anything in it. It's already been amended twenty seven times.

But there is a process, and that process prevents us from making on-the-spot changes in order to pass an otherwise unconstitutional law.

That said, I would agree that there may be room for making changes to gun laws without violating the second amendment, but I am not an expert on the matter.

Well....alright then....lol.  Good reply.  I thought it was you talking about the unchangeability but maybe it was another poster. 

48 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Again, you have the gall to call yourself reasonable when you insist on calling a situation in which you get whatever you think you want and I get nothing a "compromise."  The intellectual dishonesty you've managed to doublethink your way into (I don't think you're being this way purposefully) is astounding.

You get guns.  No one is saying you don't.  I'm not.  But please explain why the type of weapons that can fire large numbers of rounds are necessary.  I'm willing to listen.  Explain vs. just rant.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It would infringe on the rights of everyone under the age of 21 directly, and indirectly infringes on the rights of everyone else by ceding the "right" to own a firearm to the government in exchange for the "privilege" of owning a firearm.

By this train of thought you should be able to purchase a firearm at age 8. 

It keeps coming back back to a slippery slope argument. 

Edited by Rockpile233
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Well....alright then....lol.  Good reply.  I thought it was you talking about the unchangeability but maybe it was another poster. 

It probably was me (but the context of what I was saying, whether due to my not making myself clear or to misinterpretation by the reader) may have been unclear.

1 minute ago, thebug said:

Like I said, they are coming! 

They should not let students speak. Students are stupid! I mean, that's why the are in school. 

Majority of high school students are immature, and emotional, although understandably emotional, in light of recent events. Emotions cloud judgement. There was an emotional response to the bombing of Pearl Harbor, and that was to start a Japanese American internment camps, who by the way had weapons confiscated. So when you say “they are coming” like it’s a ridiculous concept keep in mind it once happened, with FDR running the show. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Miner said:

All of that and you never addressed the cause of the murders.

I'm glad I own the good guns that don't go out and shoot people.

Actually I did earlier.  Steps in all area should be taken including mental health.  Kids this disturbed should be reported and families should be able to have them admitted to mental health facilities even against their will.  Just as one example.

3 minutes ago, Azalin said:

It probably was me (but the context of what I was saying, whether due to my not making myself clear or to misinterpretation by the reader) may have been unclear.

Based on his posting history and considering he doesn't understand there is a difference between the first ten amendments and the rest, and wrongly said they've been altered in the past, I'm going with the bolded. 

Image result for that's just science

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Based on his posting history and considering he doesn't understand there is a difference between the first ten amendments and the rest, and wrongly said they've been altered in the past, I'm going with the bolded. 

Image result for that's just science

To be fair though, I was wrestling with others trying to read religion into my argument before he joined in.

8 minutes ago, Azalin said:

To be fair though, I was wrestling with others trying to read religion into my argument before he joined in.

you TWICE used the name of God and a Creator in your rights as an American and then pretended this wasn't a religious reference

sorry i saw that as religious, how could i possibly do that???

you lost, pal...

can you link your views that don't see God or a Creator as religious in intent and nature?

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

you TWICE used the name of God and a Creator in your rights as an American and then pretended this wasn't a religious reference

sorry i saw that as religious, how could i possibly do that???

you lost, pal...

If I called you a Goddamned idiot would that be a religious statement?

• Like (+1) 2