What is better, no guns, or more guns?

7 minutes ago, thebug said:

They don't care about that. They are coming with bigger guns, more bullets and a good supply of body bags! 

Actually, you'll never bell that cat.

The group of people you want to come an seize the guns of private citizens is comprised nearly 100% of gun owning private citizens, and you're asking them to shoot at their neighbor in order to infringe on the rights they've sworn an oath to protect.

Forcing on them the choice to kill to infringe on the inalienable rights of their neighbor will give enough pause that rights will be protected without shooting.

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Actually, you'll never bell that cat.

The group of people you want to come an seize the guns of private citizens is comprised nearly 100% of gun owning private citizens, and you're asking them to shoot at their neighbor in order to infringe on the rights they've sworn an oath to protect.

Forcing on them the choice to kill to infringe on the inalienable rights of their neighbor will give enough pause that rights will be protected without shooting.

So you have nothing to worry about then? 

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Not true.  I have Communist gun grabbers to worry about.

Which is why I like to remind them that they can have all my bullets first.

Like I said, they are coming! 

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Listening to the students speak in Tallahassee. One has found a solution. That "solution" is  "Never Again".

They should not let students speak. Students are stupid! I mean, that's why the are in school. 

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

I have seen a lot of your posts.  I think your neighbors would happily shoot you.  Just guessin

Not likely, Bob.  See, people who subscribe to the philosophies I do tend towards community involvement and churches.  We break bread with our neighbors, and trust our children in their homes.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Not likely, Bob.  See, people who subscribe to the philosophies I do tend towards community involvement and churches.  We break bread with our neighbors, and trust our children in their homes.

Yeah, them church folk count on that! 

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I have seen a lot of your posts.  I think your neighbors would happily shoot you.  Just guessin

You should stop thinking. You've said yourself that you're not good enough at it to do it on your own. Wait for the professionals to tell you what to think, remember? 

It'll help avoid these little embarrassments. 

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Then you must be a helluva lot different than your online persona.  On-line you don't come across very warmly.  I wouldn't trust you to care for my fishing worms let alone my children.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rockpile233 said:

Once again the conversation devolves into mayhem.

I will ask again....how would federal legislation requiring a person be at least 21 to purchase a firearm infringe upon your rights? 

There's obviously a place for reasonable discussion between reasonable people.

But partisans on both sides of this issue do not want that to happen. Divide and conquer is what we are seeing play out here, not a real debate about anything that will matter. 

9 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I will ask again....how would federal legislation requiring a person be at least 21 to purchase a firearm infringe upon your rights? 

it probably wouldn't 

but criminals will get whatever weapons they want do the evil they plan anyway

so this won't fly at all for 21

what age can you carry a firearm in the military or police services?

2 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

So an 18 year old adult shouldn't have access to all of his constitutional rights?

35 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Would religious scholars, in your opinion, claim the US Constitution was written by men or God? 

Assuming you agree that men wrote it and men have changed it in the past, why in God's name is the document so sacred that to discuss changing it again is so unthinkable?

I think changes to gun rules - not grabbing my guns or yours - could fit under the current 2nd Amendment language btw, but that is a second argument

I never said, or even implied, that the constitution is a religious document, and I never said it's unthinkable to change anything in it. It's already been amended twenty seven times.

But there is a process, and that process prevents us from making on-the-spot changes in order to pass an otherwise unconstitutional law.

That said, I would agree that there may be room for making changes to gun laws without violating the second amendment, but I am not an expert on the matter.